Why is the NS-15M not being touched in the LMG changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Its basic balancing/design knowledge that LMG's are not about mobility. They are about firepower/extended engagements.

Holy crap, how do you know that 0.75 ADS + HA shield activated(while ADS) unbalances the ability?

You went full stupid, never go full stupid.

Your actually correct on that.

On Pistols & SMG's its fine. Even some carbines(or AR's) 0.75x ADS is alright on.

But It shouldn't be on LMG's, Shotguns(since its mostly hipfiring or when using slugs you are not ADSing around fast) including the Jackhammer(which is a heavy weapon), Scout rifles(Vandel) & the Archer(which is hilarious seeing this big *** rifle strafe around).
  2. JojoTheSlayer

Clearly you have no clue how to use 0,75ADS to your advantage because the moment you activate the over shield you gain no practical benefit from it and will more likely die to my GD-22S scenario. OV negates 0,75ADS so you are left with a weaker weapon overall compared to the higher damage output 0,5ADS weapons. Its, quote: "basic balancing/design knowledge"!

Says the guy making up hes own definitions for the game that...

...coincidently seemingly fits perfect with hes play style.

Yeah, your motive sure comes of as "pure balance" oriented when its "netcode" etc BS arguments regarding HA, but for other moving objects in the game, then its fine. /sarcasm LoL
  3. GhostAvatar

There is always someone who has to take things to far. Reductio ad absurdum.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

You have no idea what you are talking about.......

0_o

What are you talking about?

What a special snowflake.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Anyways...... getting back on Topic.
  6. FateJH

Nope, full stop again.

I take issue with what seems like an arbitrary method of dividing game elements based on naming conventions. If that which makes the Light Assault "light" by the classical paradigm to you is in its name and that which makes the Heavy Assault "heavy" to you is in its name, then why doesn't the "light" in Light Machine Gun perform the same modification/distinction? On top of that, the game already has "Heavy Machine Guns" (by damage type), on things that have even higher mobility than our "Heavy Assault" class. Heck, we have "Heavy Guns" that are not "Light Machine Guns." The whole thing is wonky and it doesn't feel like we can build an argument for something or against something based on it.

If we ignore that still, however, we still have to accept the fact that PlanetSide 2 does not follow structurally traditional class architecture. We all share too many secondary things and are only really distinct by our skills - shielding, repairing, healing others, flying, and cloaking. (MAXes are just sub-tanks, though I guess "dual-wielding" might suit.) It'd take more than a few tweaks or re-classifications to build a classical alignment, as well as pissing off a lot of the playerbase to get there.

First, I would suggest convincing people that we should adopt a purist class system like that, before we get into the details of it. That's the approach I would propose.
  7. Scr1nRusher

FateJH one of my other reasons for Wanting 0.75 ADS off the NS-15M is also because DBG has the opportunity to get 0.75 ADS off a weapon class(LMG's) for good, which would improve the class balance of the HA).
  8. ElricVIII

I'd rather not port Hyperion guns from Borderlands 2 into PS2. Gimmicks like that are really annoying. And don't even get me started on Tediore.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with said poster, who I won't name...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great weapon, but this gun (and its variants) will stick out like a sore thumb after all of the changes are made (assuming they are made).

Why delay the inevitable...just do it now and save yourself from future forum whines.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pelojian

Just remove ADS from all ES LMGs, NS-15m is commonpool and as a LMG that is the only one with 0.75ADS it fills a niche no other LMG has and is already paying for that mobility advantage.

every faction can use it, if they want to use it.

i don't see the issue, HA shield negates ADS advantage, ADS only gives you an advantage when you aren't using your HA shield.

the only difference between and engineer with an ADS carbine and a heavy with an NS-15m is one can drop ammo packs and one can pop a shield when not ADS.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Thats not true when 0.75 ADS is involved.

Thats a sign that its screwing the weapon up.
  12. Pelojian

no it merely is a sign that it's well balanced around being commonpool and an ADS weapon. while the ES LMGs have it too good with their stats with ADS piled on top.

if NS-15M was the only 0.75ADS LMG available heavies would have to make a tradeoff for the ADS since no other LMG would have it.
  13. Scr1nRusher

That doesn't make sense, just re-read it.

Or..... DBG could remove 0.75 ADS & buff it abit so its a decent & reliable LMG.
  14. Pelojian

or they could leave well enough alone a perfectly good LMG. look i get you don't like 0.75 ADS on LMG but would you rather ES LMGs kept 0.75ads? or would you rather they just took 0.75ads from ES LMGs and left the NS-15M alone?
  15. Scr1nRusher

I would rather have 0.75 ADS not be on any LMG, ES or NS.

Its a weapon trait that counteracts the design & purpose of a LMG.
  16. Noooooch

I think the NS-15M should keep the .75 ads, receive the same accuracy buffs as the other lmgs and a little increase in rate of fire.

All you guys saying to remove the .75 ads from the NS-15M have to remember that .75 ads is an NS trait across all NS weapons. Can't and shouldn't remove that.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

Then you will create a problem where the NS-15M might become "OP".

The NS-15M is already very accurate, but it does need a fire rate buff(To 652)

So......... How about 0.75 ADS is removed & its RPM gets increased?

0.75 ADS isn't a NS faction trait.

Also..... RATIONALLY think about it.

The NS-15M(and its like 10 variants at this point) will be the only LMG with 0.75 ADS.

0.75 ADS on LMG's has been proven to be a balance issue.

So the most logical call would be to remove 0.75 ADS off the NS-15M and buff it abit.
  18. ALN_Isolator

0.75 ADS IS actually a trait on NS weapons. Every single one has it. I personally don't like the fact that it's the 2nd slowest killing infantry weapon in the game and would like the firerate brought up to 652 but then what's the use for the EM1, Polaris, Rhino and Bull? So I guess it's OK as is.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Consider how the LMG arsenals will be like after the LMG changes. Widely different.

What DBG should do is Buff the NS-15M's firerate to 652 & remove 0.75 ADS off of it.

Simple & effective.
  20. Crayv

The slow TTK is enough of a downside for it's .075 ADS. If they removed that it would need a large buff like being upped to 167 damage instead of 143 (which I wouldn't mind).

0.75 ADS only really becomes a problem when combined with a durable class (HA) and a fast TTK. Then it is basically removing a weakness that the HA class has (poor mobility in combat).