[Suggestion] Light Assault Decoy

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Redwave, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Redwave

As an ability trait I think a great idea is for the LA to be able to deploy a decoy of some sort. The decoy will be used as a method of distraction for enemy forces. The decoy will have default health but that can be upgraded. As the decoy moves around and catching the enemy's attention, the LA can use it to his advantage to attack enemy forces and even attack with C4. What do you guys think?
  2. Iridar51

So you mean an ability to create a decoy target, that looks and moves exactly like a human player? I think that would be a bit hardcore. Infiltrators were asking for - now removed - decoy grenade to create a dummy target that would just stand in place, like in VR training. That would make more sense and be easier to implement.

I think that deception and misdirection should be infiltrators' toolset, though. And I'm not sure we even want to set a precedent for fake targets. I mean, the game is already confusing and hard to grasp.
  3. Redwave

Yeah I agree so what do you suggest we need implemented?
  4. SupaFlea

I know it sounds silly but a Mixer Grenade just popped in to my head, if you get it by it you controls gets reversed scrambled for few seconds, up become down, left become right same goes for aiming lol.

I will admit ive always been wanting something towards emp nades/mines, take down sheilds which have various uses for attacking solo or in a squad and mines for defending points but not a lethal tool also. just we need hit indicators.
  5. Iridar51

There actually already is a mechanic like that in PS2. Being hit twice by concussion grenades reverses your aiming controls. Almost never happens nowadays, though.
  6. Demigan

Stealth and recon is infiltrator territory as far as I'm concerned.
    Confusion, misdirection and mobility are LA's territory. Their ability to strike anywhere as well as use smoke and flash grenades are perfect for this kind of stuff.

Although one-upping the never truly useful decoy grenade might be too far. There are only a few ways a decoy could work for me as a non-moving target that can easily be identified as fake.