Why is the NS-15M not being touched in the LMG changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Is the NS-15M not a LMG with 0.75 ADS?

Also doesn't it apparently struggle with a poor DPS?

Seems like they could solve 2 problems in 1 go.

Something like this:

NS-15M

• ADS modifier decreased from 0.75x to 0.5x
    • RPM increased from 625 RPM to 652 RPM
    That would remove 0.75 ADS off the LMG weapon type for good & improve the NS-15M's DPS.
  2. _itg

This would turn the NS-15M from a good gun into a bad copy of the Bull. If it were to lose 0.75x ADS (not necessary at all, IMO), it at least needs to get something to make it interesting.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

You should compare the stats between them.(on Live)

Then compare the Stats of the PTS Bull with the NS-15M.(On PTS)

Also the "changed" NS-15M(which I am suggesting) vs the PTS Bull.
  4. UberNoob1337101

Would pretty much make it a T32 Bull/Rhino/Polaris/EM1 with a shorter reload and less mags, and a worse Orion/MSW-R/LA1 Anchor.

If LMG changes were to be made, a small but significant step would be to buff EM1/Polaris/T16 Rhino how the devs wanted to, nerf CQC LMGs so they aren't good at all engagement ranges and maybe that Butcher buff.

Also make Gauss SAW S/EM6/GD-22S a starter NC LMG and make a starter VS LMG the SVA-88.

I see no point in removing 0.75 ADS from the NS-15, though it could just be me not having problems with leading targets or just shooting things... But in the end I don't give a damn, just don't over-nerf it plz...
  5. _itg

Currently, the NS-15M has:

• Slightly worse DPS
    • Lower velocity
    • The same recoil strength, but with a sharp and slightly irregular leftward pull.
    • 5 fewer rounds in the mag
    • A significantly faster reload
    • 0.75x ADS
    Bull on PTS vs. Your version:
    • The Bull has been buffed with lower horizontal recoil, while the NS-15M has not.
    • NS-15M loses its primary selling point in exchange for losing one of several minor drawbacks.
  6. Scr1nRusher

So, what other buffs would you give to the NS-15M?

Since my changes are really straightforward(and work).
  7. _itg

It does now. Not on PTS.
  8. Scr1nRusher

It doesn't need to be over-nerfed.

Just take 0.75 ADS off it & buff the RPM to 652(and maybe buff another stat of it somehow if necessary).

Uber, I know you can generate some good ideas & Discussions.

Slo how would YOU buff the NS-15M post 0.75 ADS removal?
  9. Scr1nRusher

How can you tell?
  10. _itg

I checked the update notes?
  11. Scr1nRusher

The updated changes are on PTS right now.(You can go look yourself if you have PTS)
  12. _itg

I know. And the Bull has lower horizontal recoil, as listed in the update notes, while the NS-15M does not, as you'd expect, since that gun is not mentioned in the update notes.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Anyways....... getting back on topic.

How else would you Buff the NS-15M?
  14. UberNoob1337101

Hmmm...

The base model could have reverse recoil, so instead of being initially accurate, it begins with bad FSR and recoil, but gets better and better the more you shoot it, so you're encouraged to out-last the opponent and be in his FOV or pre-fire, kind of like what HA is meant to do. You have to tank before you dish it out, again, HA business.

Else, maybe also add a 15m maximum damage range without SPA, and 20m with? Still has that DPS disadvantage at CQC-close range, but performs better at mid-long range.
  15. Scr1nRusher

That is actually a really good idea for the NS-15M.

This idea strikes me as a Mechanic that would be awesome on a new LMG or Heavy Weapon.
    • Up x 1
  16. JojoTheSlayer

Because the selling point of the NS-15M was that it was a 0,75ADS LMG and compared to the other LMGs, which more or less just had 0,75ADS without any cons. The NS-15M has cons for that gain. In my view 0,75ADS isnt the problem. Its that it was a default weapon on one Empire (VS, Orion) giving that Empire a unfair advantage macro wise that was the issue.

Anyone else expecting future 0,75ADS faction only LMG type weapons DLC?
    The O-9000 (VS), the OMG-50 (TR) and the nMaster-99 (NC)! :p LoL
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

So how would you buff the NS-15M to have less cons while removing 0.75 ADS?
  18. JojoTheSlayer

I would NOT remove 0,75ADS on the NS-15M, the SVA-88 or the Betelgeuse.
    From my point of view. People that complain about 0,75ADS are the ones that do NOT use those weapons and just want it removed in order to indirectly buff themselves without having a con of fighting such weapons. The same group of people that will most likley start complaining about SMG HA usage for the same reasons.

Apart from nerfing the Orion, because its the default HA VS weapon and that reason alone causing an indirect empire benefit.
    Both TR and NC should get their Empire specific 0,75ADS weapon instead, but while I posted some obvious jokey names for those guns. I wouldnt be surprised if they became a reality future down the line.

Daybreak is probably expecting to sell a few more NS-15M weapons now as well...
  19. Scr1nRusher

LMG's are not "light" and the HA isn't about speed or mobility.

Or......

They know that 0.75 ADS on a LMG is a flawed concept & how 0.75 ADS interacts with the HA shield during ADS is problematic for the balance of the class involving the weapons & durability of the HA class.

Well SMG's on the HA class do not make ******* sense nor do they add to the class in a meaningful or positive way.

This game has no acceleration/deceleration or inertia on its Infantry movement, also big fights + netcode/clientside/hitbox issues.

0.75 ADS has been proverbially shooting the game in its foot when it comes to infantry combat mechanics.

NS-15M currently has the highest number of variants(aka re-skins) in the game for any weapon.
  20. JojoTheSlayer

Actually, the NS-15M is made out of araxium composite which is extremely light... /sarcasm
    See how one can make something fit any narrative if one just make things up.
    Its a video game. The "weight" of a LMG is hardly relevant here just because you have a subjective view of what is "light" or what HA role is.

BS, enemies being harder to hit is one thing, but there is no teleporting issues because of 0,75ADS.
    Secondly, you clearly seem to forget that its not just HA that have 0,75ADS weapons.
    Where is your "Cloaker 0,75ADS needs to go because of netcode" thread...

Oh, so its not the "weight" issue anymore then....
    I rest my case... you dont use faster moving weapons on HA so you want them nerfed for that reason alone in order to make it easier for yourself. FFS, you meet a SMG HA just grab a auto shotgun, they are also 0,75ADS btw, and blow them away. Meet a NS-15M you can grab a 167dmg GD-22S or similar and slightly out aim him and win because of higher damage output.

0,75ADS on some weapons are NOT the issue.
    The issue was the Orion being a 0,75ADS and default HA.