[Suggestion] Let the driver control the harrasser gun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Leftconsin

This is the response I was in here to give. To add on:

I wouldn't see much reason to pull a Lightning should the driver be able to use the gun. Harassers are better in nanite cost, rough terrain, evasion, stealth, hill climbing, weapon diversity, and in my opinion weapon strength. This is all balanced by you either get a gunner, or you sit still to engage an enemy.
    • Up x 3
  2. CorporationUSA

Join an outfit. If you have a certed harasser, I bet you won't have a hard time getting outfit mates to gun for it.

Alternatively, there are some 1-man vehicles for solo playstyles. The flash, lightning, and ESF exist for solo play.
  3. Thardus

2 people, both driving and gunning, in two Harassers.
  4. T0x1s

It would be cool to have an ability that makes the driver able to shoot the gun with a cost of only 180 degrees turn and a gunner cant get in and take over it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lemposs

So one person performing at the same level as two, is somehow less powerful? Do you even logic, bro?
  6. FieldMarshall

I would have said no to this if MBTs didnt already get to do it.
    Since (the arguably more powerful) MBT can drive and gun, i see no reason why harassers shouldnt be able to do the same.
    Either remove driving and gunning from MBTs or let harassers drive and gun.
    • Up x 2
  7. Archiadus

While it sounds like a nice idea I'd rather not see it happen mainly due to the fact that the Harasser is balanced around needing 2 players to operate it, there are enough players complaining about losing to Harasssers as it is and if they allowed you to drive and gun by yourself they (DGB) would have a reason to hit it with a nerfbat so big that even the Striker would pity the poor thing.

TL;DR: Harassers work because you need 2 players, changing this to 1 player will be the end of the vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gremmel

MAXes and lockons counter all vehicles anyway so why are you even playing them?
  9. Jake the Dog

Yeah, you can play the game alone, and there are ways to do this. Infil and ESFs cater to your playstyle. I hate to break it to you pal, but this isn't a solo based game. Even when I solo my MBT I'm putting myself through alot of risks I would otherwise not have with a gunner. The same is the case for you. You drive a fast, high mobility platform that can get places that most (excluding spider tank) tanks and vehicles could only dream of.

If you want to solo in this game stick to long range weapons otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time.
  10. Alchemist44

Might as well get rid of the Lightnings, right?
  11. tijolo

While it would be A LOT OF FUN it would need to have a huge drawback such as only allowing you to aim in a ~90 degree angle in front of you. You'd also need a little speed nerf. Also it would be too tanky, how about removing the upper part of the vehicle? Yes that would also make you exposed to infantry fire. Those are a lot of drawbacks... how about allowing you to CLOAK? Nice. Also a second seat in case you make a heavy friend. Please DBG make a smaller version of the harasser with what I said so it is kind of balanced and fun for one. What? It is already in the game?
  12. Goldmonk

NO! NO! NO! People already complain about Harassers, don't give them another reason to hate it.
  13. Vectore

If that is what you want, then you should drive a lightning instead
    Otherwise solo harasser.
    IMO the gunner is just fine considering the speed of the harasser when it is running. Instead increase the EXP gain for driver who let a stranger farming kills on his harasser.
  14. Weterman

What's your point? There won't be 2x the harrassers. Most people only get in a harrasser as a gunner when they plan to go infantry.
  15. Weterman

Oh gawd, the irony of your statement.

Let me explain this to you.

Imagine actually being in the game. You are a solo harrasser driver with the ability to control the top gun. You go past some tanks, shoot them, do some damage. Now you keep shooting them after you pass them, then you hit a rock, and the tanks kill you.

So to fix this, you shoot the tanks a bit, then you look where you're going and get behind cover. While looking where you are going, you are not shooting the tanks.

If there are 2 people, one can keep the bullets on the tanks, even while retreating.

You would do half the damage just being by yourself.

Do you even logic bro?
  16. Weterman

The reason people complain is because of the weapons on top, some are over powered. The weapons will be less effective with 1 person driving while gunning.
  17. Weterman

woa, put some thought into those ideas. The only nerf needed is the fact that only one person would be driving and gunning simultaneously. It would be less powerful, as you can put less firepower into the enemy. I explained why to someone, but it seems like almost no one can think for themselves on this issue, so I will try to edit my post, if the site lets me.
  18. Weterman

IDEA IS NOT OVER POWERED! READ THIS IF YOU THINK SO

I'm not allowed to edit my original post, so I hope this will be seen by people who think this would be overpowered, it's actually the opposite, and if you disagree, I would like to hear your argument.

Imagine actually being in the game. You are a solo harrasser driver with the ability to control the top gun. You go past some tanks, shoot them, do some damage. Now you keep shooting them after you pass them, then you hit a rock, and the tanks kill you.

So to fix this, you shoot the tanks a bit, then you look where you're going and get behind cover. While looking where you are going, you are not shooting the tanks.

If there are 2 people, one can keep the bullets on the tanks, even while retreating.

You would do half the damage just being by yourself.
  19. Rainproof

How about letting the driver have the ability gun with other seat empty.....if someone jumps in the driver can no longer shoot and it's back normal with the passenger going the gunning.
  20. Lemposs

Or I get in a position where I can shoot the tanks, and have a planned escape route, only once the tank turns it turret do I need to get out of the way.
    Now doing this right now, as a solo Harasser, is a very dangerous tasks, since there is a delay between switching as well as accelerating. Not to mention single shot heavy damage, such as the Halberd, you need only a split second look at the tank to damage, and then be away. With the suggested mechanic, you can scoot away the instance you are within danger, or run past and get off damage. That and instead of one Harasser being effective, you can have two, and as much as I like the tears of something like the Vulcan haters, anything above 50 % performance from two Harassers, is still outperforming the previous one Harasser at 100 %, as well as a double amount of shoots to eliminate the threat.

You are doubling the damage that can be possibly dealt, and a constant doubling amount of health of the damage dealers. That is OP, in literally all regards, even at less than 100 % damage, it is still doubling the total health and possibility to eliminate the threat.
    • Up x 2