[Suggestion] Smoke grenade rework

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by coldguy111, Oct 8, 2015.

1. coldguy111

What if instead of just being a visual obstruction the smoke grenade became a chemical weapon that causes slow damage over time and having a far greater radius of perhaps 15-20 meters and also lasts longer to act as a crowd control and to disrupt entrenched positions. I'd like to compare it to an advanced form of mustard gas. An interesting feature I'd perhaps like to include is that it ignores shields completely due to inhalation. Make it exclusive to the light assault as the gas grenade
  2. Leivve

20 meters is kind of big. And the damage seems kind of counter to why you would use smoke.

Better option would be to not have it have a grenade indicator and when it goes off it makes a blast of smoke instead of a growing cloud. That way it actually catches people off guard so they can't see. If it had to have some sort of effect I would say if you're in the detonation you have your ADS and hipfire cone of fire expanded to 7 for a few seconds.
  3. coldguy111

Noted so perhaps 10-15 meters
  4. Iridar51

"There are no plans for any class changes currently" (c) PS2 dev team

Or at least so would they say if they'd read this.
  5. coldguy111

Oh that's disappointing :<
  6. Iridar51

Tell me about it. Dev Q&As reveal a lot about what and how developers do, but they also say what they're not planning to do any time soon. A huge hope killer. At least before I could lie to myself that they will soon(tm) rework HA shield and MAXes. Now I can't. So it's either quit or join the dark side.
  7. Leivve

Join, we have cookies.
  8. Iridar51

Said "screw it", bought NS15 today and went to join the HA nanoweave NMG ADAD medkit spam master race. Need to teach myself a habit of ADSing at all ranges, including buttslapping. Also apparently Grounder is still quite good as dumbfire / rocket primary.

Well, not completely fallen angel. Didn't go to play vanu with betelgeusueuusueu.
  9. Leivve

Try out the Mini-chain gun. If you're going to go HA you might as well go "UNLIMITED POWER!" HA.
  10. Iridar51

Oh I did, long time ago. Even made a crappy video. I've used it fairly recently too. I like the theme of this weapon, but objectively I think it's a mediocre thing at best, with a small CQC niche, and to even get there takes a lot of getting used to.

It has the same problem as shotguns do - it's effective only within certain range, and you can't use skill to give you an extra advantage (e.g. can't aim for headshots).
  11. SQPD

The TR already outlawed chemical weapons for non oppression purposes because they were inhumane. Instead Nanite Systems will develop a new smoke greande to replace the mediocre and useless smoke grenades that troops are "using" nowadays. This new smoke canister will open up with a voluminous cloud of whitish smoke, similar to the 900 year old M8 smoke grenade design. The smoke will make it impossible to randomly and correctly guess the location of other troops through it. This means all Q spot and player nametags, friend and foe, will disappear behind or inside the smoke.
  12. Leivve

It is powerful in CQC over other LMGs because you don't need to aim down sights, thus letting you strafe at full speed, while still being able to touch people out to 30 or some meters. It's only weakness is that you bump into someone they'll have the advantage till you get wound up.
  13. Iridar51

I don't think speed means much in HA vs HA combat. Overshield still gonna slow, and most good HAs snap aim for the head. I guess my problem is that it relies on enemy's lower skill to not you hit you while you move faster. Not a good thing to do.

Same as with LAs who have to rely on bad enemy awareness. Unreliable.

At least with other accurate hip fire weapons you can hip fire for the head, having a better trade. With MCGs lower headshot multiplier and still not super good hip fire accuracy, you don't get that extra skill.

What I'm trying to say is that MCG has low skill ceiling. Not matter how gud you git with aiming, you can't push anything extra from it.
  14. coldguy111

can you link me to that section of the lore
  15. SQPD

See: Protocol for the Prohibition of the Use in War of Asphyxiating, Poisonous, or other Gases, and of Bacteriological Methods of Warfare.
    The TR was built from different nations, and assuming they followed the Geneva Convention, chemical weapons would be outlawed in warfare. Also, that stupid green gas ******** on Amerish and Hossin is by far enough "chemical 666 green poison gas toxin" for this game.