The Bounty System:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. PlasmicRedX

God save us from these horrible game companies that are willing to sell their souls to make more money.

Yes, sell their souls.

Their souls are in this game, as all master craftmen's souls are in their master pieces. And they are willing to rip it to shreds by putting in a shoddy DB Cash Bounty System into the game. Now that their souls are in this game, and they destroy it with greed, what do you think happens to their metaphorical souls, hmm? It's called burning. Sony Online Entertainment has always done this to their games. They destroy their own games, and their designer's souls along with it.

You would think that after they changed names that they would have learned from their past sins.

No, apparently Planetside 2 is going into full on repeat history overhaul mode.

There was once a game called Infantry. It was a good game. It fostered many children growing up in one of the first online gaming communities ever. The greed of the developers too was more important than those children and their friendships.

I know that many children play this game also. They are trying to destroy that again too.

I will say that they cannot do so. No one can destroy that bond. However they will destroy the games that your souls are now in as well.

A Bounty System should work the way Infantry did. If you kill tons of people and stay alive then you become worth more. We already have that in Planetside 2 through the Extreme Menace system, and that system can be improved upon if we need a better one.

I am upset by this new Bounty system and by this company's standards. Please do not repeat stupid company mistakes and destroy another great game. There is always a way to make money and have standards too. Either the destruction of a game or making money through questionable means as the only two options available means you have poor business planning.

One of the things I noticed as a player of this game having had a yearly subscription pretty much from this game's start, is how expensive the cash shop is. Guns are extremely overpriced. Although PlanetSide 2 is, at the start, about speccing into a role, eventually it does become about owning everything in the game, and that does take quite a while.

There is the occasional expert player who is already battle rank 100 with infinite certs, but these people are not even human. They are fewer in number. Why worry about them? They have everybody else's undying jealousy as gods among planetside 2 for figuring out how to win ez mode.

You wouldn't want anyone to unsubscribe, for that matter.

If this is some kind of halloween prank, I am still offended at how low the standards here are. Even the halloween masks in the game are too creepy. I wasn't raised into the whole extremely scary halloween thing. We had the sweet version.

I also don't like hexagons and 666 being used so much in the game. Even the game's loading screen seems to freeze at 6% artificially, because I am RAIDING two solid state drives. And by playing it still does not mean my acceptance of it either. The Bible explicitly states that you must place the mark upon my actual forehead or right hand for the acceptance to be made permanent. So I say get lost with your metaphorical nonsense. I do not care for it. I am just here to play futuristic space battles thank you very much.
  2. Ander

Sorry Daybreak, but this is just distracting from gameplay and not fun at all. Probably gonna take an extended break till they hide this crap far down the UI.

A yellow button that just says "hey, wanna throw some money at telling the guy who just killed you that you are mad?". No thanks.
    • Up x 2
  3. CorporationUSA

This sucks. Getting a bounty on your head is basically telling all enemies in visible range to focus fire on you. It's not fun in the slightest bit having a bounty on my head. Players are basically paying money to ruin the game for others. I'm sure some players like having a bounty. Maybe they see it as a challenge, or as validation of their skill. But I can't imagine most players feeling anything but annoyed once the new content hype wears off.

Most of the feedback for this looked negative, so I don't understand why they went through with it. Instead of adding more ways to milk money out of your playerbase, you should be focusing on fixing the problems that are driving people away from the game. Everyone says Koltyr is mess. New players are being farmed mercilessly. Why aren't you fixing that? I'm about to make an alt so I can help out those new players, not to help these morons at Daybreak, but because I actually want new players to stick with the game. Unlike this crap publisher, I want the game to stay alive for a long time.

Meanwhile, EA just updated BF4 to support high-tick rate servers. EA is making you look bad. EA FFS!
  4. ColonelChingles

Then if you kill your bounty target all three times, you'll make a profit of 5SC? :p
  5. haldolium

Sounds awful.

Haven't seen it used though... maybe the number of people falling for this cash grab are just small enough.
  6. Gromwort

Why not, damn that idea is even better then i thought !
  7. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

It cracks me up how many people get up at arms and scream pay 2 win while demanding more content and attention to the title. I'll let you all in on a secrete: people work to make money, and games are made for the same reason. If you like a free 2 play game and have access to everything functionally important (ie weapons and defensive options like shields and suites) without having to put a dime into the game you should be impressed. The only thing you must have DBG Cash for presently is if you want to participate in FashionSide.

I personally will be honored if I am so lucky to effect an enemy players so profoundly that he is compelled to pay a quarter to have me hunted down. I prefer this to passive aggressive in game text trying to imply impropriety from players who obviously need to do some research or change settings to get better performance.

It's also hilarious how many players slam new features before they try them. So glad to see we've become open minded. You wonder why the average player encountered in game doesn't read the forums?
  8. Bearded Wall

The ONLY thing that pisses me off is I cant set a bounty for that dude who ran me over with his flash.

I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY TO HAVE PEOPLE WHO TK ME KILLED.
  9. Stigma

DBG did you just manage to monetize internet-rage? ...

*slow golf clap*
    -Stigma
  10. Taemien

Slamming new features even before they are tried is why Planetside 2 players don't get new things like Everquest does. Look at that game, started in 1994, released in 1999. Releasing its 22nd expansion soon.

Planetside 2 doesn't have an expansion. Reason being, PS2 players are hateful, spiteful, entitled, whining, ect. Even had a post in another thread basically calling all Americans ********. I mean who wants to play with someone like that? Much less develop a game for them.

I'm surprised PS2 gets the updates it does. Look at this way. Designing a game is an art form. In inspiring, you get to use a ton of different talents, work with interesting people, and at the end of the day you get to make some money on the side. But if your customers just insult you day after day, whine about the game more than they play it. LIE and Exaggerate about the game just to get attention. Every game gets it, but this is every freaking thread in this forum. Why would you even bother with the project? I'm stating to think they only bother because the person in charge of the pay check told them to.

But if they had their way, they'd go to other projects and leave the players in the bile they made for themselves. Higby did it, and I don't blame him.
  11. Killiri Kreg

I understand the need for a company to make money and that stuff.

HOWEVER

I loose all respect the moment when they force me to waste time looking at the dam pay button instead of leting me get back in the action. Want a cash sink. Shure. Put in some menu like the implants. Everyone buthurt enough to pay can use it and its not obnoxious for everyone else.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dj Gus

I actually like the concept of it, tho it's very very veeeery unrewarded.
    I already killed a bounty, made some whooping 146 xp from it (Have no boost active)...
    At the very least, put some incentive onto hunting these people down, just make a title for it, like after xx amount of bounty kills grants the "Bounty Hunter" title.
  13. Imp C Bravo

I am entirely OK with a bounty system. However, the rewards don't fly with me. Seems like the killing player should get some of the BC.
  14. Stigma

I just think it is sad and desperate...

The way this is implemented it won't really affect gameplay. Attentive players might be able to track someone notable a little better once in a blue moon - that's about it. The XP stuff is marginal and not worth mentioning.

What remains is a feature that just encourages a toxic community - not what PS2 needs (more of). Who is going to spend real money on this stuff except for people who rage so hard that they can't think straight? You can't escape some level of revenge-thinking in a game like this, but monetizing what amounts to revenge griefing (even if it is fairly trivial and meaningless in this case) is ... so incredibly callous by DBG that it is hard to wrap my brain around it.

If you have to resort to paying cash to get back at someone (in a game no less) that's just sad man... It's like an ultimate capitulation. Please don't waste your money.

-Stigma
    • Up x 4
  15. KirthGersen

The fun thing is that this ******** addition actually makes some raging bads PAY REAL MONEY (then rage more, then pay again) for such **** and I think this is exactly what they deserve. And ofc DBG gets a little profit. So at the end it's stupid but good:rolleyes:
  16. GroundCommander

But the real question is how did it get to this point, i'm sure the community was much better in the past, the question is it the devs fault? or the players fault that the community is like this? or maybe a bit of both. of course i don't have much experience when it comes to ps2 history or buisness decisions.im sure someone here knows why though
  17. MikeyGeeMan

It's day breaks eternal crusade for revenue.

It's just a quarter. Lol.

The least they could do was offer a few freebies to see if we like it.
  18. BoatsFriends

The problem with the bounty system is the reward is way too small compared to limitless potential for xp gains that the person with the bounty receives. I think it was a great idea for the 25 xp bonus for the marked player, but the reward, at least for the person who gets the kill on them is way too small.

The price doesn't really matter, but I predict that if they lowered to cost from 25 to 5, people would use it more often. 25 does not seem insignificant enough for me to waste my DBC on, and i love to waste money on micro transactions.
  19. Caydn

Come now can you blame people for not liking americans you guys inflicted the Kardashians on the world
    • Up x 2
  20. SlyVector

I could not possibly agree more.
    Well DBG, I will not be re-subbing now.