The Bounty System:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. HadesR

Since it's set to go LIVE today ... What are peoples thoughts on the subject ?

My own personal view is that considering what maybe the monetary cost to it's use ..The rewards are a bit meh and lackluster ..

100xp ? really

• Up x 2
  2. Villanuk

I
    I think its an utter disgrace they are bringing it in.

What on earth is the bounty offering a team based game, oh yes just CASH for KIlls. They could have used certs if they really felt it added to the game but their ONLY motivation is just money and not the game and the reward, agreed its a joke pure and simple. I get more certs deploying a sunny for free, at a busy base.

If someone puts a bounty on me i will log out and log back in... I will be dammed if im going to be party to this.

They have not listened or cared what the community thought, just go ahead and implement a cash cow system when their are other issues in the game that need resolving.

They wonder why people leave the game and play the game but dont buy membership or put money into it.
    • Up x 9
  3. FateJH

Uncertain. I have seen some members of the community suggest it in the past; but, I can not guess even the slightest how such a system will become relevant to gameplay. It's not like death isn't as cheap as the respawn.
    • Up x 5
  4. Eternaloptimist

I cannot see how this fits into the ethos of the game. It is just looks like a trolls hate charter. It is irritating enough that too many players are so serious about a GAME ffs that they get all abusive online to individuals who have killed them. Now for them to be paying (ang getting rewarded) for setting other people onto the object of their obsession is weird and frankly, a little sick in my view.
    • Up x 3
  5. SShocK

Seems like a total waste of development time and resources to me.
    • Up x 5
  6. Drzewo

I think that it is not for gameplay. It is for cash (I think it was stated in Q&A). And I'm ok with this - PS2 is free to play, so making option to donate small amount from time to time is good idea.
  7. Silvos

In itself I've got nothing against the system ("here take some xp to fight your rage"). But...

That means you can pay to permaspot someone until his next death. And since they mention no way for the target to get rid of the effect other then dying (wich by the way makes me wonder about what happens if the target suicide or gets teamkilled...) there is no counter to it. And we all know how powerfull a spot can be...Got a LA stomping your base? Bounty him and he'll have nowhere to hide...An infiltrator is sniping you/playing stalker in your base? bounty him and he won't be able to leave cloak without apearing on everyone's map, ...

So to sum up you pay to get a clear advantage other your ennemy...We are not anymore on the cosmetic or time gains ground here...
    • Up x 1
  8. UberNoob1337101

My problem isn't the system itself, the problem for me is that much more important things are missing like a proper resource system, trash weapon rebalance, ES directive weapon traits, a proper tutorial etc., but they decided to say "**** that!" and implement something that seems out of place and kind of unnecessary.

Seriously, there are way more important features and things that need to be looked at instead of a bounty system that gives you extra 100 XP...
    • Up x 5
  9. Villanuk

So your saying its now pay to win, or get an advantage?
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

Based on the way it is worded, it's not a permanent state of being spotted but, rather, a different marker when spotted. Something other than a dorito is an easy guess.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pelojian

If it behaves just like the regular spot indicator then it is not 'always on' all it means is someone has to spot someone with a bounty to display the special snowflake rage dorito. be honest how much would a slightly altered dorito really bring attention to you? you'd get far more attention sporting holo armor then have a bounty on you.

if your gonna give out 100xp for a bountied target getting killed then every kill the bountied toon gets should also give out bonus 100xp.

Just because the bounty was placed doesn't mean it was deserved.

hopefully placing bounties on allies are disallowed, far to often john doe stupid gets himself splat under my tank because he didn't bring his common sense with him ingame.
  12. Silvos

I guess it depends...On a stalker I gess it won't help that much...Same thing for the heavy in the middle of the zerg...But as a main LA I can tell you being spotted when on an antena or in a tree is a death penalty...

So advantage in some situation, pay to win in others...Neither of these is acceptable for me(and I insist here that's my personal view)...

I already had to go through detectors, spitfire, other dumb LA that comes gun blazing at your position when you try to be stealthy and the one guy that look up. If after I passed all of this I can still see my job ruined because some raging kid pressed a button...I mean...Nope...No way I'm playing this...
    • Up x 1
  13. Villanuk

I certainly wont, but people will thats why they are bringing it out, for money, not the good of the game and the fact many didnt want it just goes to show the pure arrogance of these people.

I have no issues with making money, they have to but all they have to do its stop overcharging for everything, make membership better value, they will make money but many see it as just a rip off. £7 for a hat, i can buy a real one for that.
  14. Voodoo Bliss

So this function is going to cost cash to use?

I doubt many people will use this new feature then.

Why not just make it cost nanites instead of cash?

I mean, how many players actually use cash?

I am a member and put money into the game for DBC but I wont be allocating any cash for this.
    • Up x 1
  15. Silvos

Well...as long as your position and orientation aren't always shown on the map or you don't have a giant target on your head I'm fine with this...So I hope you're right...

You underestimate the power of rage...Trust me there will be a lot of people using it...From the guy camping in his tank far from the front line and get C4 (especialy since I tend to land right in front of him before pressing the red button in order to let him know how hard I disdain him) to the sniper that gets knifed in the middle of his infantry farm... they'll queue to use this... If I was to get a bounty for half the insults/hack accusation messages I get...I'll be worth a lot of XP...
  16. FieldMarshall

I dont know i havent tried it yet.
  17. HadesR

What I would have done is increased the cost a little and made the bounty duration based rather than kill ..

Could have varying duration based on Amount spent:

50 = 30mins
    150 = 1 hour
    1000 = 24 hours

I would have then given the Contractor and the Bounty unique skins .. Purely for example sake say the bounty gets an outlaw mask / costume while the placer gets a sheriffs ..

Then kill xp would be based what the killer is :

Normal player on bounty = x2 XP

Normal player on Sheriff = normal

Sheriff on Bounty ( His own or others ) = x5 XP

Bounty on Sheriff ( Any ) = x5 XP

Would then add interplay where the hunter could become the hunted and those with bounties placed on them can earn good bonus xp rewards themselves ..

You don't need to it's pretty much all laid down for you in black and white what it is .. Unless ofc you need to see the 100 xp bonus flash on your screen to know if you think 100 xp is good or not :p
  18. Pelojian

if this was done and there was a timer for the victim. you know what i would do to the guy that chose 24hrs?

send them a tell, "i'm sure DBG thanks your for $10, i'll just hop on an alt while your money gets pissed away and you get nothing in return, later!"
    • Up x 1
  19. HadesR

Obviously the timer would be based on logged duration and not count down while offline ..

And quick question .. What does it matter if someone spends X amount to mark you as a target ? You are going to get shot at regardless ..
    So outside of " is it even needed " I can't see any " OMG I'm marked " reasons ..
  20. Goretzu

I can't really see many people wasting 25 DBG on this.
    • Up x 6