[Suggestion] Port this game over to Mac?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Sep 29, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

Why not? I know at least 10 people personally that would get this game the instant it became available on Mac.
  2. Taemien

I'd be willing to bet their macs couldn't handle this game well.

Most people who have macs are because their parents got it for them for school, or the school/college they attend issued it to them. That usually means its lacking in the hardware for gaming. Almost no one buys them for gaming. Which means almost none of them are capable of it.

And I'm going to find it hard to believe you know exactly ten people with gaming macs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shadowomega

Taemien Mac have stepped it up alot now, some are just PCs with the Mac OS on top.
  4. Taemien

I just checked their hardware on some of their newer machines. Some can play PS2. But like I said, I bet the 'Ten' people the OP do NOT have that hardware. You're talking about $25,000 to $35,000 worth of Mac.

No one is going to look at a $2,500 MAC and say, "I'm gonna game on that."

Its the poor sods that get stuck on Macbooks because their classes in HS or College require them, or their parents simply didn't know better. And those things don't have the CPU needed to play PS2.
    • Up x 1
  5. Serialkillerwhale

And those macs cost a goddamn fortune.
    And if you don't have one? You need to buy one because unlike a PC, most Macs aren't designed with upgradability in mind. You don't even need to know what you're doing, the people who work at a local eletronics store and ask them for a hand. It's not TOO pricey, especially compared to the apple standby of 'The fan not working? Buy a new Mac"
  6. Shadowomega

I checked their prices you added one to many zeros dude; 2,999-3,829 for a pro which can play this game. If it was 25,000 to 35,000 that is as much as most mid level cars. I could get a Ford XLT with just about all the fixings for 40,000 so I doubt those prices were accurate.
    • Up x 1
  7. ALN_Isolator

I could give you a list of gamertags but you wouldn't believe them, now would you?
  8. Goretzu

Given how long it took and how much it cost for them to port to PS4 I can't see that happening - that's just the reality. Your best hope is for SteamOS, but I wouldn't count on that.
  9. Serialkillerwhale

Well, there's also various ways to run Windows on a Mac.

Those might work, if these supposed magic macs that can compete with a PC on any level existed.
  10. Taemien

Ok I was off a few thousand.

2,999-3829 x10 (the number supplied by the OP) is $29,990-38,290 worth of computers. That's alot of money for 10 computers, especially since my setup (i7 4.0Ghz and GTX 970, mobo, hdd, and ram cost under 800, I saved a few bucks using the same case as the old one).

Also the Pros use FirePro D300 or D500.. I dare someone to try using one of those for gaming. I think my CPU's graphical chip will play PS2 better.
  11. PKSpark

How can you port a 3 buttons mouse game to a medium where the users are used to a 1 button mouse?
  12. Taemien

Pretty sure they've been able to use regular mice for the last 10-15 years. Just that sometimes they have to decided on whether or not to use the single USB port for AC/Power or the Mouse.