[Suggestion] please make roadkills clientside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ballto21

or just remove roadkills altogether, at least we wont get 300 TKs and 3 Hostile kills in our vehicles.

Driving x meters away from people doesnt work half the time anyway since youre still guessing in the end. And yes it will be annoying as piss to get hit by a vehicle, but im sorry people who scream muh kuh durr dishonorabru non infantry ****ters but vehicles do exist, and should be able to kill by slamming hundreds of pounds of steel into you at 75+ KMPH
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Sure, just drive over where the Infantry would be standing/running on their screen. ;)
  3. Ballto21

[IMG]
    BREAD FOR THE BREAD GOD
    • Up x 1
  4. Shadowomega

Yea tired of running friendlies who are 50 meters away from my vehicle, were enemies I hit dead on and still not get them.
  5. Pikachu

Friendly radkills are so strange. Touching peple results in kill. Sometiles you get crushed by the sunderer you just passes by.
  6. Shadowomega

*Tosses Pikachu some Radaway, and Rad-X*
    There isn't anything friendly About Rads, it kills if you get to much.

Thinking of Fallout 4 as well?
  7. DeadlyPeanutt

so strange that you clip through friendly infantry and maxes, but friendly vehicles run you down.
  8. Pelojian

all they need to do is make roadkill detection on allies and enemies consistent. not this one rule for enemies that gives them a free pass and another to soak your vehicles in the blood of your allies when you slightly bumped them or you avoided them completely.
  9. Elkybam

At the same time, a lightning cannot survive a head-on collision with a sunderer.

I'd also like to squash some zerglings with a wraith flash, more interesting than that of Fury or Renegade weapon system kills.
  10. bLind db

If this was a fix they had ever intended to implement, it would've been done three years ago. Their likely excuse is a lack of manpower or a lack of necessity since it's a relatively small occurrence. Player happiness be damned, if it requires effort, it's not getting done.
  11. customer548

What is your average ping ?
  12. Ballto21

60-120 depending on serverside
  13. AlterEgo

Meh. Rarely happens to me, although I do dislike the unhealthy relationship my Magrider seems to have with rocks.
  14. Pelojian

I average the same. it isn't ping time though someone on the forum has a good sig with a side-by-side comparison of driving a flash between two stationary enemies and not killing them and driving past a friendly crossing the road with his back to the flash and dying from roadkill.
  15. tijolo

I've created a thread about this not long ago. Most people disagreed that making it clientside would be good but, think if shooting someone was serverside. You don't mind getting shot behind cover because you know that in the other player's screen you're already dead and you just haven't received that data packet yet. Would you preffer to shoot where a player with 5 seconds of ping is on his screen with such a high ttk? On the driving that is what happens, you can avoid being run over but to run someone over you need your magic crystal ball to see a couple of seconds in the future. But this is not an easy subject, both sides are really bad and this would probably take A LOT of work so, don't hold your breath for it as I haven't been holind mine.