Should the LMG Changes back on the Roadmap?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Collin, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Collin

With the VS HA performing really better than every other class and is really unbalanced should the LMG pass back on the Roadmap or is Daybreak being paid by the russian mob?

Questions have to be ask!?
    • Up x 2
  2. Shanther

You are the new Sc1nrusher?
  3. Collin

naa i have to bring something against this VSNerfarmy
  4. Collin

+ i am bored @ work
  5. Campagne

I'd say so if only to buff the EM1/ES variants to usefulness. They are not very good.
  6. Isokon

FTFY
    • Up x 1
  7. Ronin Oni

I agree there are several changes in the LMG update that should get pushed out, making irrelevant LMG's relevant.

I see no reason to hold those back
    • Up x 6
  8. HadesR

^ This

If you ignore the 0.75 drama / weapons there was a lot of good stuff in those changes ... And those changes at the very least should be brought back to the table ..

Be nice to know why the changes across the board were canned / postponed ..
    • Up x 2
  9. Scorpion97

Exactly
    • Up x 1
  10. LodeTria

The changes to the poopy LMGs should totally come in.
    The Orion/Beetlegoose change should not come.
    • Up x 1
  11. OldMaster80

Orion / Betelgeuse made you really pissed, didn't they? :p

Get a Gatekeeper and kick them all: it won't solve the problem, but it will make you feel better.
    • Up x 1
  12. Collin

Why? Ahh yes the betel is op and is broken
  13. LodeTria

I'm willing to leave the orion/beetle as it is to get other guns in a use-able state.
    The O/B changes were actively stopping good stuff getting into game.
  14. Naphemil

because you say it's op doesn't make it op. Every faction has a weapon that out performs the other faction weapons, Vs just have one that's widely known and hated by bads.
  15. xMaxdamage

This!
  16. HadesR

It's all about the degree of over performance ... When the gap becomes a certain distance it becomes less about the skill of the user and more about unbalances in the weapon type ..

Ofc we could always revert the changes to ScatMax's and Ravens and The banshee and OHK Nix's and just blame the Bads :)
    • Up x 2
  17. Casterbridge

Pretty much this, the Betel is so far above any other NC/TR LMG it's amazing, I can't find another weapon of any category that comes close to displaying the level of over performance the Betel enjoys versus any of the other factions LMGs.
  18. Ronin Oni

The funny thing is direct combat, it's actually inferior to the Orion.

It's advantage comes from sustained combat against multiple enemies.

And if you need to reload, you can pistol swap and keep firing... it's still reloading while you keep killing (or... run away med stim tanking)
    • Up x 2
  19. Casterbridge

I know that's why I haven't got a clue on what to do with it, the HEAT mechanic makes the gun worth grinding towards, it makes the Betel (and other VS directive weapons) truly unique, so simply removing it would be a shame, not to mention the other directive weapons of the VS don't overperform. It's just that the Betel sits on the perfect seat of dps, mobility, ammo management, on the most powerful infantry unit in the game.

The overall best answer is to find something similar (but different) to give to the NC and TR, however there exists the secondary problem of the Betel being based on what already is the best VS LMG, while the GodSaw and Butcher are based on LMGs that are, at best, average.
    • Up x 1
  20. Scorpion97

I won't object on making the Godsaw based on an anchor,the question is:what's the unique mechanic we should add to the godsaw"

Same goes for butcher