Which is your Favourite Class; give reason why, tactics, whatever...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Destroyer0370

I find myself playing support most of the time, engineer and medic. They are quite helpful on the battlefield helping out allies and when used effectively otherwise, they can pretty much hold their own using those same abilities.

The engineer can be devastating with mine placement, especially pairing up the different mines, to make make the big Boom! to anyone who is unfortunate to come close to the trap. A good suggestion I suppose is to place the mines in corners, for anyone interested in placement tips. Talk about firepower; having access to the Mana turrets, both Anti-Vehicle and Anti-Personnel variants, can shape battles in favor of allied forces. Oh and don't forget Ammunition box and repair capabilities too. The Engineer is a pretty versatile unit.

Medics also get certs like crazy. They can change the battles quite easily whether saving a base by reviving and healing up people. It is hard to stop a couple of medics working together to hold a point and like. With pretty decent guns and healing...a one on one engagement with a medic can be a tough fight, even it involves a Heavy class in such a situation.

I don't play Max much, but when your base under attack and about to fall, I suggest to grab a Max if you have Nanites. It is a force that can dish out some A _ _ kicking.
  2. BlueSkies

My favorite class is whatever is most situationally appropriate.
  3. Ballto21

so heavy assault?

Infiltrator. For some reason people get more pissy when i decloak and shoot them than anything else, and also because i can listen to queens invisible man while im stalking
    • Up x 2
  4. 0fly0

Class: heavy assault, Why: OP shield, Tactics: press F to win.
  5. Lord_Avatar

Combat Medic

- Assault Rifles
    - AOE Heal
    - Necro
  6. Giligan96

I would have to say my 'most' played and favorite class is the medic. I'm not a very good front line fighter but I do love trying to make those 'miracle' revives! Although, sometimes I want the revive so bad that I die in the process by not paying attention. So a good lesson here medics- if someone goes down near you, make sure you don't give their killer an easy medic kill!

The AOE heal is a great way to heal myself and everyone around me. Especially after a point has been captured and everyone runs in to check their stuff- hit the AOE!!

Plus- every engagement could use a good medic!!
    • Up x 1
  7. Dualice

For me it's a toss-up between medic, light assault and infiltrator. I enjoy using flanking and unexpected angles to attack my enemies, and the light assault and cloaker are easily the best classes for doing so.

Medic is just a really nice combination of team support and kick-a$$ weaponry.
  8. FieldMarshall

I find Engineer to be the most fun.

-Unlimited ammo
    -Fun to set up mines
    -Spitfire is fun. Not good but fun
    -Can snipe MAXes
    -Auraxium infused armor looks badass because it has lots of leg coverage
    -Easy to get certs with because of repair and resupply
    -Sticky grenades
    -Portable deployable cover
    -Everybody loves the Engineer because repairs and ammo
    -"Best" class if you suddenly jump into a gunner spot or pull a vehicle
    -Carbines are versatile
    -Satisfying to 1v1 HAs and to know that they feel bad when they die
    -Can repair generators
    -Can snipe vehicles and infantry with the AV turret

Engineer is one of the most versatile and deep classes in the game, and never runs out of things to do and has answers to every situation.
    And thats why its so awesome and my favourite class.
  9. Raysen

90% of the times is always Engineer. Though I honestly feel Devs should do something about that, as it feels pretty bad to play other classes like LAs which are generally useless except for extremely specific situations.
  10. breeje

there is only one class that counts the infil
    all the other classes are there as a distraction and Target exercise for the enemy :cool:
  11. BlueSkies

I actually prefer Light Assault, but yes depending on the layout of a base heavy may be more situationally appropriate.
  12. ModsFreeAreForTV

Light Assault. I can spam grenades and use my Pulsar to steal people's kills at the last second.
  13. Boomotang

LA. Nothing beats a good jet pack and C4.
  14. Shadowomega

While my stats show how much I played HA I really enjoyed LA when the games performance was better then it was when I took a break.

Just getting into good position above the enemy and raining death down on them, or tossing a flashbang into a room full of Maxs then rushing in and c4ing all of them, bonus points for bagging a bunch of NC splat Maxs.
  15. Campagne

Medic:
    --IMO best weapon type (AR)
    --Free self-healing
    --Ability to keep a small squad alive almost indefinitely by oneself

I'd play it more if I weren't burdened by a medic's responsibility. I play PS2 for the shooting, and a good medic has a heal tool out more than a weapon.
  16. Eternaloptimist

I am maining Engineer atm. So many different things to do and to try out. I tend to do resupply and repair in the open field battles but I'm more combat orientated in bases and buildings, which is what I prefer (I especially like the AI mines). Engie is a versatile, cert printing machine that lays exploding eggs - awesome

I go HA now and then when there is plenty of fodder for a rocket launcher - the Striker and the Phoenix are my favourites. But just running around shooting stuff with an LMG has palled somewhat.

A bit of long range sniping is also a relaxing break from time to time with the Infil BASR. Hitting that little speck in your 12x scope and getting the kill notification is very satisfying.

Of the three.........Engineer definitely, for the variety
  17. Liewec123

it depends on the day! but recently infil has been my favourite,
    both stalker with mag-scatter (strangely addictive!) and massacring enemies with Fury wraith flash!
  18. Nexus2151

Class: Light assault
    Reason: Its really fun to play.
    With that said I normaly play whats needed at the time.
  19. Beerbeerbeer

Usually play light assault, but I've been playing the engineer a lot more lately.

Took a while, but got the pouch for max mines and it's fun setting up mine fields. Sticky grenades are fun too.
  20. Calisai

For infantry?

Infil. I have a flanking mindset which carries over into how I play everything... but infil performs the best with that mindset. I've never been the type to rush straight at the enemy and bang my head against the wall hoping to just overpower them, or out shoot them. I prefer to out maneuver and out surprise them. I used to play LA, but my reaction times and shooting skills are not what they were in my youth, so I prefer Infil for its spotter/dart and cloak to allow easier flanking.

That said, I will usually grab whatever class is needed to do what I think needs to be done at the time.... I just tend towards thinking that a good flank is needed more than any other option.

That's one of the reasons I love playing VS. They are the faction required to out maneuver their opponents. They can't rely on superior damage tiers or higher RPM to overwhelm their opponent, they need to out position, surprise or keep higher accuracy to kill.