2015 Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Hey Everyone,

If you don’t know me, I'm Luke Sigmund, Lead Designer of PlanetSide 2. We’ve seen how excited some of you are for more information about upcoming content and we’re just as excited to share it. We wanted to take some time and fill you in on where the team is taking the game and give a little insight into the future.

As a team, we've spent the last couple weeks discussing and determining the direction of the game moving forward and adjusting our 2015 Roadmap. We started by examining what the game is now and where we and you all would like it to go.

Through the process of several team meetings, we came to the conclusion that we want to put tools in your hands to create gameplay experiences that have a variety of strategies and moment-to-moment tactics. Letting players affect gameplay is a huge component of PlanetSide 2 and we intend to double down on that moving forward.

Our biggest step will be the introduction of a player placed construction system. Using a new vehicle, the ANT, you will be able to hunt down and collect a new resource out in the world. After you collect enough you can travel to an area of your choice, deploy your ANT, then interact with its terminal to deduct the new resource and place a structure. Our first set of structures are planned to be medium sized base turret towers, with more to come as we start gathering suggestions from you and playing with the system. This is just an overview, and we have a lot more details that will be posted in the roadmap section of the forums really soon.

Throughout the rest of the year you will also start seeing adjustments, improvements, and additions to current mechanics and features, kind of like we've been doing for instant action and spawning rules. We will mainly be targeting features that we are eager to make better like continent capture, leadership tools, and implants. With the overall goal of making these systems fit in with the direction of giving you tools to play how you want.

Like I said, this update is just to give you all an idea of where we are headed. This is a journey for all of us so we are all excited about the plan and hope you are too. We look forward to all of your feedback and thoughts on upcoming systems and appreciate all of your passion and support for PlanetSide 2.

- Luke
    • Up x 95
  2. GoblinRum

yea, that's how ants worked in the original planetside, it was a hassle but more fun.
    • Up x 3
  3. Nregroepis

Finally going to add big content into the game?

[IMG]
    • Up x 22
  4. Dirge

This sounds really, really good.
    • Up x 13
  5. Scr1nRusher

Siegable/capturable WG's Confirmed(?)
    • Up x 8
  6. Omega2319

Honestly anything that changes the funnel of doom known as the lattice is a welcome change. The game mechanic is fun as is but I really like the idea of utilizing the rest of the map that people tend to just ignore in between the bases.
    • Up x 6
  7. WetPatch

So farm resources, spawn a immobile turret, and watch it get insta-killed with the silly amount of AV you have put into the game.
    • Up x 11
  8. elkikko92

you have to read my link explaination before comment "face palm". This is strategy game, not Halo fps
    • Up x 2
  9. Scr1nRusher

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  10. elkikko92

is called macrolattice, is the same of PS1, but with little outpost that protect the facility.
    I also add my idea, that is link the big outpost through a special lattice to an air gamplay capture system.
    You dont like? Comment on that link, only if you have better idea
  11. Scr1nRusher

This is big & excited news.

Summon the HYPE TRAIN.
    • Up x 4
  12. Scr1nRusher

This isn't the place to spread your "idea"(which keeps failing on every single thread for various reasons).

I know how the PS1 system functioned, but PS1 was a entirely different game.(had some great ideas & concepts)
  13. WetPatch

No they are adding a vehicle which every lib pilot in the game is going to be hunting for.

And there is not a hope of me spending time protecting someone playing Truck Simulator, farming nanites to build a poxy Turret.
    • Up x 4
  14. elkikko92

The moderator have to advice me; but I explain it becouse they dont "refers" any "new capture system" (that was on last roadmap: conquest mode). Dont know why developers...
  15. Scr1nRusher

People like you are the reason why the games been failing.

I'm serous about that.
    • Up x 5
  16. Scr1nRusher

Conquest mode was a Smed promise that was never going to come to fruition, Also it went against everything that PS2 is about.
    • Up x 3
  17. Scr1nRusher

I'm just going to hold off on posting more into this thread.
  18. WetPatch

People are reading what they want to read, like siegable warp gates and base construction.
  19. WetPatch

Its people like me keeping this game running, ive been subscriber for 2 years.
    • Up x 5
  20. Scr1nRusher

Well actually Siegable/capturable WG's were/are going to be the next step in "continent locking".

Also they just confirmed that the ANT isn't just going to be a resource harvester, but a multipurpose utility vehicle.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.