[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNR4806

Bump. It got flushed down by the flight control trash.
    • Up x 2
  2. ColonelChingles

Let's be fair... of course infantry AV nerfs would also include infantry threats to aircraft, seeing as aircraft have also given up their AI power with things like rocketpods and Banshees.

And now Jawar would have you believe that they've also given up their powers of flight altogether. :p
    • Up x 1
  3. CNR4806

Bumping at the one-year mark. This is ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  4. Haquim

It is....
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. CassCE

Don't worry guys, I'm sure it's coming!
  6. Ronin Oni

Not happening. SOE, now DGC has HARD EVIDENCE that making vehicles (air and aircraft) more powerful kills the game pop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3fqkjs/lockons_resources/ctrfz20

HE nerfs, air nerfs, armor nerfs, and AA buffs saved the game from population freefall.

Oh, and FWIW: Being in a tank or aircraft invariably increases EVERYONE'S avg KDR, so it's not like they're exactly "under powered" they're just not the dominant famr machines some of you seem to want.

It's ok though. Cry more. I'm sure they won't care
  7. ColonelChingles

Except it didn't. Nerfing tanks led to greater population declines.

[IMG]

Populations would continue to decline until around early November, when there would be a real upswing. And that's likely due to seasonal fluctuations than anything else.

Immediately after the August 4th update there is a significant population decline and downwards trend, starting from mid-late August 2014.

That's because vehicle-infantry balance was mostly in a good place before the nerfs, as the Devs themselves stated. If both phase 1 and 2 had been simultaneously introduced, then that balance would have been kept (just longer TTKs for everyone). But the Devs messed up and unbalanced the game, causing people to leave (as is evidenced by the chart).

Oddly enough the turning point of the population downswing was closest the 10/30 patch, which nerfed the PPA and buffed the Striker. But I'm still thinking that it was more of a seasonal upswing than anything patch-related (though the PPA was indeed one AI weapon that deserved some nerfs).
  8. Haquim

I actually think we should bump this at least weekly.

The devs (or at least radar) got to get tired from reading this over and over again sometime, and maybe they finally finish what they started
    • Up x 2
  9. ColonelChingles

Especially because it's almost weekly that you get so many "myths" that pop up about tanks, both pre and post August 4th.

"Tanks are spammy"
    "Tanks farm infantry"
    "HE cannons were OP"

:p
    • Up x 2
  10. Ronin Oni

Assuming they re-read this...

At best the look over new comments, but likely (since there's really no new content) they just notice that the thread got bumped and maybe with 'X' number of new posts.... if even that.
  11. JohnGalt36

Well maybe if the title of the thread is always at the top, it will happen by subtle suggestion into the devs' minds.

Threadception
    <hanszimmerhornblast>
    • Up x 2
  12. ColonelChingles

September 4, 2015

395 days later, HE/HEAT cannons have been slightly buffed with an increase in muzzle velocity.

We shall see if it is enough to restore the pre-August 4 balance! :p
  13. RadarX

We're going to go ahead and close this given how significantly different things are for the team between now and then. If you have concerns about current balance I encourage you to discuss them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.