Infantry are rendering out to extreme ranges again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ronjahn

I noticed that infantry are rendering out to extreme distances again as of last night.

Ranged a HA at 700m and was able to shoot him with small arms and tank projectiles.

I thought this was "fixed"?

Any word why it's happening again? Is this why the servers are running like turds again? Can we expect a "fix" and if so when?

I'll grab some pictures tonight if it's still occurring.
  2. Scr1nRusher

They are rendering like that if they have AV weapons firing.
    • Up x 2
  3. ronjahn

Is this in patch notes or confirmed by devs as intended on some other website? I don't remember seeing it.

It wasn't only HAs though, I also spotted infils and Medics at >300m. That Ha was just an extreme example.
  4. HadesR

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-6-17.227720/
    • Up x 2
  5. ronjahn

6. Shatteredstar

• Up x 1
  7. ronjahn

I'm a fan of it to. If you are shooting me, I should be able to shoot you(well at least see you if I look the right direction).

Getting shot with a no drop Lancer versus a tank that needs to point at the moon to hit the target still isn't fun, but it's a lot more bearable when you can theoretically shoot back.
  8. Shatteredstar

I see it as a far far more simple solution than nerfing the weapon. Instead you make them noticed and even carrying the weapon you're a greater target.

Much better than a nerf and applies evenly to anyone packing long range . This will make handling infils, raven maxes, vortexes, and lancers much much easier.
    • Up x 1
  9. Taemien

You guys got my hopes up. Course I'm of the mind everyone should render warpgate to warpgate... or 1200m as a compromise to server performance.
  10. AlterEgo

Rusher speaks the truth; anyone using AV weapons renders out. But if you saw Infiltrators and Medics, then I guess that can be considered a bad thing.
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, depends on what is a long range weapon.
    Snipers render, no wonder.
    Maybe Battle Rifles count as long range?
  12. FBVanu

I like the new render distance.. got some MAX units way up on a hill on Indar today.. that I would not be able to take a shot at before... now they render, I was pleasantly surprised.
    We stopped them from being able to take those darn invisible AV shots at our tanks..
    They certainly had their pre-patch cheese taken away from them..

Thank you Daybreak!