I have a few concerns about the gen 1 smgs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Im putting it out there now, this is NOT a nerf thread. This is not me ************, i have some real concerns.

I think that the cyclone and armistice are significantly better than the eridani in many ways. Now, i am just asking what the general opinion is before i go through the effort of recording sessions of me using each of them, uploading those videos, and then making suggestions on what to do.

I have almost 1700 kills with the eridani and well over auraxed all other smgs on my vs main and have been using the farmistice and cyclone on my alts lately, so i have some experience
    • Up x 2
  2. Leftconsin

I think the NS-7 is better than the 'farmistice'.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ballto21

the ns-7 is decent at what it does, and is good in quite a few situations the armistice is not, but the armistice is significantly better at cqc because dps, but outdoors the pdw is better than most smgs period because max damage range.

at least, thats what i thought of it

Although, i only run SMGS on my infiltrator. On other classes i cant speak to it much, but i understand that differences in classes playstyles exist
  4. Leftconsin

It is. I like to spend a lot of time in mid range.
  5. Ballto21

regardless of the pdw doing better than the armistice at midrange (which it also does better than the eridani) im only asking about ES SMGs at the moment. i think the NS ones are perfectly balanced where they are
  6. breeje

the cyclone is the best smg nobody will deny this and the armistice is the best weapon in CQC
    the eridani is a trade off between those smg's, you just have to learn how to play with it
    all the smg's are where they need to be including the hailstorm (over 6000 kills with it)
    • Up x 1
  7. CorporationUSA

What is the most effective way to use the hailstorm? I can't imagine having a larger mag and a slower rof being useful in any situation other than mowing down waves of clueless new players. And that's not exactly a situation you can plan for.
  8. Ballto21

I use it like i use the sirius on my infiltrator. When theres a large group of enemies, say, in a point room shooting out of a door and theres a way behind them through another door, i run in drop mines and mow down 3-7 people in a mag in a mad suicide rush.

For a non suicide rush, its good for sniper hunting or other outdoorish solo work where you wont be expecting too many people to be able to outgun you but you wont be able to get ammo for awhile.

Situational, but very good in its niche
  9. gigastar

Didnt the Eridani have a 10m max damage range unlike any other ES SMG in the game?
  10. Ballto21

all gen 1 smgs have 10m max damage range
  11. Pfundi

Sure about that?
  12. Ballto21

well unless you count the PDW, which as 15, all the ES ones (Armistice, Eridani, Cyclone) are 10m range. All gen 2s (not counting the MKV) are 6m range (Sirius, hailstorm, Blitz)
  13. breeje

always go for the head, fire from the hip and keep moving/dancing
    - 1x scope
    - laser
    - suppressor
    - EMP
    - restoration kit not the medical kit
  14. zaspacer

Server Smash SMG Usage Rates

NC
    ====
    Cyclone:
    August 1st, 2015 = 925 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 693 Kills
    Blitz:
    August 1st, 2015 = 116 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 81 Kills

VS
    ====
    Eridani:
    August 1st, 2015 = 202 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 209 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 250 Kills
    Sirius:
    August 1st, 2015 = 283 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 321 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 141 Kills

TR
    ====
    Armistice:
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 154 Kills
    Hailstorm:
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 77 Kills

NS (Kill numbers from BOTH factions combined?)
    ====
    NS-7:
    August 1st, 2015 = 4 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 101 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 69 Kills
    MKV Suppressed:
    August 1st, 2015 = 23 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Cobalt vs Connery) = 69 Kills
    June 27th, 2015 (Briggs vs Miller) = 7 Kills

sources:
    http://planetsidebattles.org/match/46
    http://planetsidebattles.org/match/44
    http://planetsidebattles.org/match/43

CONCLUSION: ALL SMGs ARE EQUAL
    (some SMGs are more equal than others)

Bullet Max Damage
    ===============

Cyclone: 167 @ 6m
    Blitz: 125 @ 6m

Eridani: 143 @ 10m
    Sirius: 125 @ 6m

Armistice: 125 @ 6m
    Hailstorm: 125 @ 6m

NS-7: 125 @ 15m
    MKV Suppressed: 125 @ 10m

source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=92
  15. Pfundi

I dont even know why everyone loves the Cyclone. Sure it has great hipfire, but so do other weapons?
  16. gigastar

It also has 167@6m and 600rpm. Similar as the Anchor except you can spray and actually hit something.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pfundi

Bandit has nearly the same stats, but hey, what do I know
  18. AlterEgo

Cyclone= Known to be a carbine in disguise.
    Armistice= Damned low TTK.
    Ori... I mean, Eridani= Orion. In SMG form, that is.

I've had experience with each one, but the Armistice is personally my favorite.
  19. Iridar51

Armistice and Cyclone have max damage range of 6m. Having 10m max damage range is one of Eridani's advantages.

But I agree with your OP. Eridani is notably worse than Armistice / Cyclone. Mainly its issue comes from HAVING to use Extended Mags, because the damage per mag is just too damn small. And without laser sight, you may as well just use the Zenith, it will have roughly same hip fire but about double/triple the effective range. No SPA, but it's not worth it.

All Eridani needs to become viable is extra 5 rounds in magazine.
    • Up x 2
  20. Pfundi

Ah, thanks. I knew that I read something with 6m