The Vanu and how they are killing the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianneman

Look, you can argue time and again about whatever reason there may be for it, but let's face facts: people are fed up with the Vanu. You see it on multiple servers, on the majority of alerts, throughout the day, NC and TR players just can't be bothered fighting the vanu (be it because of 0.75ADS, Scythes, zerging, whatever the hell ever), fight eachother, and Vanu zerg the whole continent.

For whatever valid or non-valid reasons, people hate fighting the Vanu and I perfectly understand them. I can name a million reasons, but they're all been argued to death here and I don't want to turn the thread into a nitpicking flamewar, the crux of the issue is simple: The Vanu are killing this game, people are fed up with it.

What do we do about it?
    • Up x 8
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

Have you tried not being bad yet?
    • Up x 15
  3. Ianneman

Fixed it for you.
    • Up x 4
  4. Dj Gus

Less QQ, more pewpew?
    • Up x 11
  5. breeje

6. Ianneman

Yep, spouting memes instead of dealing with the issue seems to be the typical response.
    • Up x 4
  7. Shatteredstar

This seems well reasoned and like it will promote calm rational discussion. I'm not sure we've ever seen a thread like it and no doubt this will solve all problems.

I mean no other factions form up a mass of players or use redeploy mechanics, nor are their esfs able to fly around and use similar weaponry.

Why I don't even think weapons like the NS weapons or decent guns like the anchor even exist for other factions.

I mean vanu are so OP that even stepping outside as a cloaked infiltrator I die from 1000m away to lancer squads because they are bored because no other factions even pull vehicles and the maps are always all purple with no other colors.

Know what I'm saying?
    • Up x 2
  8. ronjahn

Saw the title and came here expecting a worthless post. I wasn't disappointed.
    • Up x 7
  9. TeddyMan56

The Vanu only kill the game in the humor department, I don't know why but most Vanu players I run into would rather log factual statements and direct them as insults rather then laugh and use terrible puns.
    • Up x 2
  10. No_STG

You play better. My biggest issue is getting folks in squads I make (NC Emerald) to follow instructions and play as a team. They'd rather bumble around and let GOKU come in like a well oiled machine and dominate the place. It's not the Vanu, far from it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bindlestiff

You could always man up and fight the Vanu?
  12. Shatteredstar

Look at this, vanu are totally ruining the game, I mean so OP:

[IMG]

And man look at that game ruining:

[IMG]

Look how very game ruining they are, noone attacks them and they roll over all the territory
    • Up x 6
  13. Whatupwidat

The VS have some of the more co-ordinated large outfits on a few servers - doesn't mean anything other than that.

I have more fun losing to the VS than I do winning to an empty ******* base.

Also pssst - alerts don't mean anything ;)
  14. FocusLight

I am not at all surprised to find a whole lot of nothing in response to the OP's post here. For those of you who has responded so far: You are predictable and dull in your responses. Answer the OP seriously and stop sharing the drivel we see here.

As for the OP's question: I have no idea. I really got nothing - I don't think anything can be done by DBG to change the mantality of the players at this point. All the easy-train players who wanted to win at all costs have already abandoned whatever other faction they were on and joined VS a long time ago. Their presence is very in-debt by now and it's not something that can be changed easily.

The damage is done, mechanical alterations right now is not possible, unless the faction get a whole series of severe nerfs to almost everything to make it unappealing so players leave to play more TR or NC. This is more likely going to press them out of the game for good, and even if these changes were revered later on the players who stuck around - or waited - will simply go back to VS.

Sadly, nothing serious can be done by now, IMHO.

If this is all the contribution you are willing to make - a childish taunt of "stop complaining, clearly there is no issue here" - then your contribution is worth less than nothing.

Propose a counter argument or F-off.

Your contribution to the conversation is noted.

Here is a fitting response:

[IMG]

Your sarcasm is weak and needs work. So is your pitiful counter. No-one has yet said it's impossible to kill VS or even that they are OP, the original poster said they are killing the game because right now, less and less people even want to fight them, it's not nearly as much fun as TR and NC fighting each other.

And that's a fact. If a poll was made by DBG for it odds are sky-high that fightining against VS would be voted the least fun experience.

But I guess you have some good honest rational counter-arguments to make that proves the original poster wrong, right?

Of course you don't. Because you are living in denial, you know what I'm saying?

Worthless how? Worthless as in, "I came here expecting X, was not dissapointed to see X" meme response, or worthless as in, "I have nothing to refute this with, so I'll toss around an old meme like it will somehow prove the OP wrong." worthless?

Yeah, I didn't expect much from the nay-sayers in a tread like this either, and so far I've not been disappointed.
    Ofc it's not the Vanu, they just happen to have become what they are through pure, sheer skillz. There is nothing else that can explain how they became the most popular faction for people who want to win the strategic game, nothing to explain their dominant stats, nothing to explain why people are so tired of fighting them you note on SEVERAL SERVERS they people try to avoid them.
    Nope, it's just a "need to get better" issue with NC and TR.
    Screw you. When you post boils down to "the issue is you need to get better" in response to a game-wide issue like this, you post has no value at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the mentality of an oppressor:

"Being bullied around by these people really sucks. What can we do to stop them?"

"Oh, you just have to go let them bully you some more, silly!"

Foolish Vanu. If people generally don't like playing with you and wonder what can be done to change that, THE RESPONSE IS NOT GOING TO BE "JUST PLAY WITH US MORE" because that is not only not helping at all, it's demonstrating a massive lack of care from your part for a serious issue. You sound like a sociopath with zero empathy by suggesting that the "fix" for an issue is to expose yourself to the problem some more.

Worthless little Vanu player.

Contribute constructively or not at all.
    • Up x 2
  15. FocusLight

A few examples to prove that TR or NC can still win alerts or lead in territory does not mean that VS does not win the vast majority of alerts, because they do, it does not mean that VS leads in nearly every stat, because they do, it does not mean that the majority of the team-oriented players have joined VS by now because they have the easiest time at it, BECAUSE THEY DO.

Did you seriously think this BS you posted here would somehow prove the OP wrong somehow, or did you just intentionally waste people's time?
    • Up x 1
  16. BlueSkies

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  17. FocusLight

[quote="BlueSkies, post: 3233221, member: 11491"...[/quote]

[IMG]

Anything of value to add to this, or will you be remembered for this?
    • Up x 1
  18. Shatteredstar

If VS were so horrible OP as claimed, they'd have steamrolled TR just what, an hourish ago during that alert that TR won. Instead it was neck and neck for most of it.

VS tends to have more organization, but heck, I just saw NC roll out of Regent Rock after they'd been corralled and roll over VS with about even pop (within 1-2 % of eachother)

The claim that VS are OP or ruin the game is just a bias overall. I've seen each faction do horribad, and each faction do fabulously. All depends on times, who's playing, what bases they have when alerts start and such.

VS has a large amount more organization though (at least primetime), and ever since the AOD stuff I've felt like TR is a bit less coordinated, but NC has seemed to been rolling the mob pretty well lately too (they ALMOST had that alert TR won, but I think TR netted a VS base at the end that sealed the deal).

As far as populations, NC seems to have been doing solidly competing with VS there, TR I think has suffered (although I've had some fun back and forths on non-alert conts on my TR against VS and NC away from the zergs.)

The tone of your posts is just as bad as the people you're decrying and crusading against in here, so it isn't really the high road you're taking.
    • Up x 3
  19. Nregroepis

Just remove the Vanu Sovereignty. Problem SOLVED!
  20. BlueSkies

Anything of value to add to a thread with no value... hrm...
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.