infiltrator class is to strong

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by catabolise, Jul 17, 2015.

1. catabolise

I Know im going to get alot of hate and peolpe trying to say its not to strong but there opinion is more then likely a biest opinion. becuse the infiltrator has some down sides.

but the truth is no other class can deal with an infiltrator besides another infiltrator and aside from that 1v1 you will almost never kill an infiltrator unless your a far more experienced player and even then it's hard to win.

So all in all the infiltrator is not game braking but it would be nice to have him balanced more on par with the other class's.

I would like to see him lose 100 more health or shield to balance things out.
    or some kind of counters that all the other classes have access to.
  2. NXR1

Yeah its cheese, do what i do, use it to stat pad
  3. FateJH

Done and done. :rolleyes:
    Darklight Flashlight weapon attachment.
    • Up x 7
  4. Hatesphere

Sorry but you will rightfully be receiving hate. Against experienced players infiltrators are mostly a joke other then a few exceptional players, and The cloak is really easy to spot in cqc.
  5. breeje

is this a joke? or are you a BR 10 or something?
    there must be something wrong whit you, don't know what
    [IMG]
  6. Cham

Lock thread for obvious troll / stupidity.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ballto21

• Up x 2
  8. NXR1

While people are obviously gonna get defensive about this i dont see why the infiltrator even has shields, its a sniper if you're in combat you're playing wrong stay back and snipe, put the cloak back to near invisibility nerf the shields again 100 isnt even the damage of 1 shot from most guns so the 900 shields doesnt matter that much, but just my opinion never gonna happen just wanted to state it.
  9. FBVanu

This is a joke/troll.. right? i can't tell. Somebody clear this up, please, my hair hurts now..
  10. Necron

11. CorporationUSA

Yeah right, the class is hardly worth using. It's not useless, but it can't use carbines or shotguns, has nothing to kill vehicles, and the cloak is crap because it alerts everyone in the area to your presence. Yeah, you can farm clueless new players at sundies quite easily, but that doesn't make up for the downsides.

If anything, the class needs a speed buff to make up for having less health.
  12. o0CYV3R0o

Try playing Stalker Infiltrator for a week then come back and try say Infiltrator is op.

Deep cloak is glitched half the time

Dark lights more times than not show no light leaving little no time to react thats if you realize often ending in death.

Dark lights show cloaked Infiltrators through some walls.

Friendly with dark lights often reveal us to enemy by accident often ending in our death.

Recently cloak sometimes doesn't work at all leaving you no choice but to relog.

Lowest heath class.

Can't destroy vehicles.

Pretty much out classed by every other player type.

More and more players deliberately tking Infiltrators because they hate the class.

If anything Infiltrator class needs a buff right now its weak and very glitchy. ;)
    • Up x 2
  13. Campagne

I seem to be one of the few that agree with you!

Though I think the only needed change is to remove SMGs from the infiltrator's arsenal.

Cloak + CQC powerhouse = not fair, not to mention the powerful recon tools...

Well, first off without shields snipers could kill each other with a body-shot, almost removing sniper duels all together, second there are multiple short-range rifles that are awful outside said short range, and thirdly stalker cloak/pistols are fun to use and complement long-range rifles.
  14. f0d

nope
    if it was a sniper it would be called sniper not infiltrator
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infiltrate

i never use a sniper rifle when i go infiltrator, i infiltrate and cause chaos
    • Up x 2
  15. MarkAntony

wat? the cloak is so easy to see in CQC right now this really isn't even an issue...
  16. Demigan

Dear Ballto,

Video 1: What size screen do you/the player play on? Ultra-large screens make cloak very easy to spot, but in video 1 there is nothing to see on my screen.

The rest of the video's:
    It's an active camouflage, not a stealth module, it does not work well in close quarters. The environment makes you easy to see, especially in the last video where the guy falls passed you and suddenly sees stealth shimmers everywhere as the background changes from buildings to sky. Or look at the video with the flash, the guy is sprinting within 10m distance, ofcourse he's visible! It is not stealth, it's very very good camouflage, it has been since the beginning, and will be forever.

That said, yes, the cloak has gotten some bugs that need to be ironed out. But they weren't shown in the video's.

Eh, how about don't use Stalker cloak then? It hasn't exactly been a good addition to the game, and I've always wondered why people use it. Cloak is and always has been an active camouflage that doesn't work well in close range. You need to use cloak as if it helps you stay unseen for a bit longer, or makes you harder to hit. So stick to cover, don't walk right into the open just because you've got cloak. Why people want to use Stalker... Beats me, aside from losing your primary the other cloaks are much better and provide more awareness of the fact that you are not actually stealth and need cover to stay unseen.

Saying "Infiltrators are not OP because they can equip loadouts that aren't OP/bad" is just weird.
  17. FieldMarshall

I think your issue is spotting cloakers, situational awareness, reading the minimap and reading the situation.
    Work on those things and Infiltrators become trivial.
    Infiltrators are not OP. But they take advantage of people who dont understand how to spot and counter them.

Glad you are not a dev. Dont even know what an Infiltrator is or basic game mechanics.
  18. AlterEgo

Oh Balto...
    That smexy 2.46 K/D...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Shatteredstar

How to counter infiltrators.

Get in vehicles and turrets.
    Place mines around doorways.

Equip battle rifle on a heavy assault, look for them and shoot back with shield on, laugh at their attempts to kill you.
  20. Campagne

The cloak allows players to safely get into short, CQC range. The cloak is still fairly effective at short range anyway, and if nothing else, many PS2 players have the situational awareness of a brick, as well the intelligence as one. A cloak is more than enough of a match for said players.