For the quadrillionth time, nerf I-CAN-DANCE-ALL-DAY-kits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Jul 6, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

Seriously, they are vastly superior to regen kits just because the fact they can bail you out of a deadly encounter/situation where you wouldn't get out of unless you medkit spam. There are IMO two problems with this : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. The ability to spam them. Just add a delay when you can use them again. (3-5 seconds is reasonable) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. Poor coding making medkits I-CAN-DANCE-ALL-DAY-kits. So, instead of them restoring 500 health as they should, they restore your entire health pool to full no matter what. Ex. if you take damage and you just used a medkit, you have 200 health ,you almost regenerate your entire healthpool but you take 400 damage and don't die, it will heal that 400 damage too, effectively bypassing the supposed 500HP mark. Simple fix is to code them to heal a total of 500 HP the same way SOE coded regeneration kits to heal 400/420HP. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some random ideas for medkits. P.S : Buff regeneration kits a slight bit so they restore 450/500HP.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dgross

You're really complaining about med kits? Really?
    Does your keyboard have an Enter key?
    • Up x 2
  3. UberNoob1337101

I complain with a reason. Regeneration kits in comparison to medkits are "meh" at best and a joke at worst really, since the two reasons i explained above (medkits being spam-friendly, regeneration kits not so much and the poor coding giving you max health no matter what while regeneration kits being limited to a certain amount of health). I don't see why did you meaninglessly insulted this thread, considering I actually made valid points and have some statistical proof that is even shown and proved by other people in-game. And it's not about regeneration kits being trash (because they aren't trash) it's that medical kits do too much. I don't ask for much either.
  4. Pointyguide2

I suggest buying a new keyboard.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pointyguide2

I should try out that med kit and that regeneration kit
    never since I started have I ever owned those things
  6. Nintyuk

No serious question, Is your enter key broken?
  7. ronjahn

100% agree with you OP.

To bad all the medkit chugging tryhards will attack you because you are asking to balance them out a bit.

They've been broken since release, but their use and abuse has increased tenfold over the past year or so.
    • Up x 6
  8. Foxirus

I also agree with this. It pisses me off to no ends when I'll get a heavy assault near death and they will just pop the medkits like a pill head eating skittles. They can pop the damn things so fast its pretty much gives immunity to any shot that isn't a headshot while running away.
    • Up x 1
  9. UberNoob1337101

LOL, it isn't broken, but no matter how hard I try to bring my posts to order I can't do it and it magically turns into a wall of text.

Though, this issue has been there for some time and I doubt it is still here now.

Also some video evidence for people who are still cynical and still aren't convinced, this is what happens when you spam medkits...

And this is my proof of restoration kits healing for a set amount of health while medkits heal until your health is full.

Need I say more?
  10. Vivicector

Agree with the OP. Medkits should take time to use and not be activated right in combat.
    • Up x 3
  11. FieldMarshall

We can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're no friends of mine

• Up x 7
  12. Nintyuk

Understandable, It's just your not helping your self getting your points properly considered when their a run on sentence, your title uses a large amount of all caps and your username is the most troll sounding name in the world.

Try to go the extra mile to ensure your post and its points are properly considered on the first pass.
  13. UberNoob1337101

I sincerely apologize :( It was mostly me being childish with my username choice and Forumside occasionally glitching out therefore ruining my perfectly ordered post/reply. So again, my apology :(
  14. Iridar51

Agreed 100%. I fight enemies who use them, and sometimes use them myself, and the amount of **** you can survive simply by spamming medkis is beyond ridicolous. At this point they should just remove med kits and let everyone use restoration kits instead.
    • Up x 1
  15. UberNoob1337101

I don't think removal of med-kits is a good idea, because I can see it's role (Getting back into the battlefield, fast)

My primary (and judging by the post's replies, most people's) problems are these two, the ability to spam them like a madman and that they are poorly coded so they just bring your health to full no matter what, making med-kits the most efficient utility slot (except Almighty C4).
    If DBG fixes at least ONE of these, it would be a much less frustrating time fighting med-kit spammers without ruining the experience and be a day/night difference. If they fix both? I would more than appreciate it and resto-kits would actually be important.
  16. Vivicector

Simple fix:

Using a medkit plays animation for 4 secs before effect is applied. Then medkit goes on cooldown for 10 secs.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dgross

I'm not getting the argument.
    Doesn't the other guy have to actually switch from his weapon, stop shooting you, and pop a kit to use it? If you didn't kill him between the animations of him getting the kit out, using it, putting it away, getting his weapon out, and then resume shooting you....sorry just not seeing this as a problem.

If the argument is they're ducking behind cover to pop one, no real difference between this and letting a rank 3 regen implant kick in, or ducking behind cover and getting a medic to heal them.

What does it matter how they got healed behind cover?
  18. Jubikus

Medkits in their current form are the reason people believe heavy assults to be overowered.
    • Up x 3
  19. Jubikus

the argument is generally a player being able to escape its not a thing you will see in head on engagements it the thing that youll see if you catch an enemy by surprise aka light assaults and infiltrators will have this happen to them when they ambush a heavy assult the heavy will run away while spamming medkits they will either get to cover because of the kit spam or be able to fight back and generally when while the ambusher is reloading.

The issue i personally have with it as an infiltrator is it takes quite a bit of work to ambush a heavy assult but for them to have a way out of me catching them with their pants down gives them a little too much power.
    • Up x 1
  20. UberNoob1337101

And here's the thing, you CAN'T, you CAN'T kill him. You just magically CAN'T. He just spams medkits and due to poor coding I mentioned (returning your health to full no matter what), he walks away without a scratch (and proceeds kicking some ***). It's in my eyes supposed to be a "get back into the fight" thing that almost immediately puts you to a favorable position (but still at a disadvantage because no shields), not an immunity tool.

If these two were implemented, you would actually get medkits as you describe them, tools that quickly get you back into the fight.

Sometimes you are a better shot and kill them before the medkit effect goes off, but what happens if that doesn't happen? What happens if they just spam medkits recklessly and magically survive 100 shots (AKA current state of medkit spamming)? You get this :

I'm sorry, I can't take your counter-argument seriously. If I were to guess, you probably never fought against a true professional HA like this one in the video, since they are a pain in the @$$ just because of medkit chugging (not mentioning the aim, positioning and movement, then they are practically almost unkillable).
    • Up x 2