It's time to nerf coyotes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DaRealNattyIce, Jun 18, 2015.

1. DaRealNattyIce

Actually coyotes are weak ahainst libs, i was flying esfs last night and a reaver pikot kept trying to jump me with them, this happened about 8-10 times, he only got me once but i think its rediculous he got me down to about 25%health every time bjt if he came at me with a nose gun he cant even get me down to 75%...

I beat coyote scrubs every time, but im also the best esf pilot on the ps4 version, so what do new pilots do against these guys?

Its just stupid that coyotes are a unlock to win weapon against everyone that isnt top tier on ps4

And dont give me the l2fly kr git gud crap because i killed the guy in under 3 mags every time sooooo.......
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

Somebody still plays A2A?! :eek:
  3. Pat22

You literally just described a balanced weapon right there.
    It helps lower skill players close the gap with better players.
    It's not so strong that it can't be overcome with skill.

You're literally complaining that someone ALMOST killed you with something.
    • Up x 7
  4. Pirbi

48 doesn't even get the party started.
    • Up x 1
  5. MetalCotton

I don't get this thread. It sounds like a mix of ego-stroking and complaining that a weapon is too user-friendly, almost killing people in the process.
    • Up x 4
  6. Ronin Oni

I meant dropping 96 people (form 1 faction) on an existing fight
  7. axiom537

Seems to me that they can't be that OP, if you where able to defeat a player using them 8-10 times and he was only able to defeat you once and that 1 time was because he was using a nose cannon... You sorta defeated your own argument...

Isn't there a PS4 forum? Maybe, you should bring up your concerns there, seeing as it may be a balance issue that is separate from the PC version.
  8. Pirbi

You can usually predict when that's going to happen.
    1) taking a base from any VS.
    2) fight won or lost at another base which frees people to redeploy to your fight
    3) backcapping a base with a faction in a fight up the lattice that notices and won't leave the forward force to get farmed just to send the tacticool amount of gentlemanly pop to knock you away.
    4) they don't even notice you had a fight but are preparing for one of their own.
  9. Ronin Oni

yeah, point 1 on Emerald is the one that bugs me most :p

Anyways, less of a problem now. I was just making a joke about how sportsmanship doesn't factor in
  10. Ulas

I don't imagine a good pilot being shot down by a br15 tbh. I also don't like the statement skyknight.
  11. Ulas

Cobalt and miller is full of A2A m8. Also op plays on PS4.
  12. JohnGalt36

You should just make another thread specifically about how good you are instead of alluding to it in these threads.
    • Up x 1
  13. Iridar51

Oh. PS4. That's cute.
    • Up x 2
  14. Shadowomega

Well Emerald VS developed their rapid deployment went our pops were down to 20% a couple years ago back when it was Matherson and Waterson were their own servers.

As for the Coyotes their kind of weak, their only effective on pilots who are still new to piloting. If its an experience pilot their going to out right beat the Coyote pilot like and make them look pathetic for using it. Seeing the the TTK of Nose guns are shorter then the Coyote.

The Hard counters to the Coyote's are the Stealth Defensive slot item, and the IR Flare in the Decoy slot (if you pop it before the missiles get close).
    • Up x 1
  15. JohnGalt36

Well then why worry about "low skill" weapons like Coyotes?

;_;
  16. RedArmy

i suck A2A, so i keep these things when i notice alot of air in the area. the coyotes are really more of a deturrant weapon anyway. it takes litterally 5 clips to kill an ESF and more for anything else. how long does it take a noze gun to kill you, 5 seconds if that? so im gonna say nerfing these based on noze guns is the wrong thing to do when theres better things like noze guns and tomcats that work substantially better
    • Up x 1
  17. Hatesphere

Yeah that's been pissing me off. The only good thing striker has going for it right now is aa point defence, and stealth takes that away.
  18. FocusLight

Translation: Coyotes allow players with less hours in the air than me to be competitive, make that stop.

How about NO.
    • Up x 4
  19. JohnGalt36

Since this is a nothing-thread, enjoy what air combat should be:
    • Up x 2
  20. teks

yep, coyotes need a buff really. Only coyotes worth it are the ones on the back of a lib. Its strange but I got really good at leading those. Shooting from the rear at an incoming aircraft helps velocity troubles.