[Suggestion] Biolab Dome shield generator.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Jun 11, 2015.

1. cbplayer

A regular or CPU generator located in the the vehicle bay, powers the dome shield.
    Should be inside the vehicle bay so it can only be access by coordinated platoons via gate diffuser sundies

If said platoon destroy the generator/s, then the Dome shield would be broken, breaking the choke points at the aircraft landing pads
    • Up x 8
  2. Scr1nRusher

This would be great.
  3. Leftconsin

I remember something like this being suggested on reddit a few months ago. The response from a dev was basically "we don't want to spend the labor hours to go back into completed bases to redo shields".
  4. FateJH

It sounds like they didn't expect such distaste for the subtle changes to Amerish's Ikanam. At the very least, it feel like no one appreciated the Ikanam changes.
  5. cbplayer

I hate them
  6. Archiadus

It will also allow Libs, Gals and possibly ESFs to get some easy kills on those poor defenders inside.

No thanks. :)
  7. Scr1nRusher

Defenders can pull AA & get to cover.
    • Up x 1
  8. Archiadus

Inside a biolab? Surely you jest. :p

Remember when Liberators were able to stick their Dalton / Zephyr through the shields? I'd rather not go through that hell again.
  9. Eternaloptimist

If not this, then what do people think would remove the current situation of mass attritional warfare at landing pads? I never bother with joining an assault on a biodome because of them.
  10. HadesR

Nuke the bio labs totally and come up with a different design to replace them.
    • Up x 5
  11. BlueSkies

Come up with a solution to break the entrance stalemates without opening up the base to vehicle campers, otherwise just leave it.
  12. cbplayer

what if I said the biolab dome allow infantry but still not vehicles weapons then if the generator is down?
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

The bio-dome needs to go down.
  14. HAXTIME

I'd so hammer some fine VS female *** in a bio lab from a liberator.
  15. TomGranger

Allow people to come in though the top to encourage platoons to drop in and break stalemates. And also cut two holes in the side perpendicular to the air pads to encourage infantry to run around the side and get a better entrance.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ulas

I can get into biolab with mosquito.
  17. Turekson

This was actually how I initially thought the biolabs would work when I started the game. I was a little disappointed when I realised the dome-shield would not go off at any point.

It would be kinda cool if it would work like you're suggesting, biolabs can be a grind. I don't think the generator should be in the vehicle bay though, maybe with the SCU?
  18. Littleman

Fixed that for you. Besides PS4 compatibility and few token updates, this game isn't really being worked on.
  19. Morti

Either this or something else pls. Fights always end up at biolabs because it's easy as hell to farm attackers at them. Most of my time on Esamir lately is spent at a biolab.

Spawn rooms clearly don't work unless you're running a max rush, the other 95% of the population gets spawn camped from every possible angle.
  20. Devilllike

I LIKE but i wonder if they will ever listen xD