A message to all "Flyboys"/ a general overview of the air situation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColdSuit, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ColdSuit

I do not mind having you come on the forums to discuss possible nerfs/ buffs/ etc., but please be productive to said argument. Coming on and telling us to "get better" and "mad cuz bad" isn't productive in the slightest and is what brings hate upon your group.

Yes, we can try to get better, but you guys outmatch us, rightfully so, you have more time in the cockpit. But do not talk down on the rest of us like we are useless noobs. That's just being a bully and this game doesn't need bullish meatheads.

The tools to combat aircraft in this game are underwhelming to say the least. The skyguard, for example, while capable of shredding a surprised esf, only tickles a liberator which can just turn around and shred the hapless lightening with its tank buster. Yes, you can take down a lib in groups, but even then usually the lib can retreat outside of the woefully short range of the flak cannons and lock ons.

Lock ons, while cheap and easy to carry, simply do not have the punch to make a pilot think twice about hovering over a battle, it often takes two or three to make a lib retreat. Working in groups tend to work, but as before, range and effectiveness are simply woeful.

My proposed fixes: simply buff the range and cof of the skyguard and buff the range of the lock ons. Only buff the values slightly as to not make anything OP.

As of right now, there is no greater tension between the Flyboys and the groundpounders, not even greater then the tension between the VS and the TR/NC over the ppa. There doesn't need to be this in a game. We are all here to have fun, no to bag on players who like to do their own play style.
    • Up x 4
  2. Dgross

If you buff sky guards the cost has to go up too.
    Otherwise, no one would be flying.
  3. ColdSuit

What do you mean that no one would be flying then? AV is in a good spot, yet everyone is still tanking and using vehicles. Just because something is buffed doesn't need that everything would collapse because of said buff. As proposed in my wall of text, the changes would be very small to fine tuning would be simple.
  4. zuka7

Did you go 50-0 in a Liberator? 20-0, 10-0 5-0. Did you gun for someone? If not try gunning for a random WG Lib and see how it goes. I predict 0-1 with the Dalton, 2-1 with Zepher and overall 0 vehicle kills with 2-6 KD. That's 6 Lib deaths and 2 kills for you, except if you find one of those Libs OMG MLG can I be your friend.
    • Up x 4
  5. axiom537

Anti-Air doesn't need a buff or range increase, it is already more then capable of destroying Air quite easily... The only issue I see is that solo players feel they should be able to single handily destroy a Liberator, which is a multi-crewed vehicle in a matter of seconds. If you have an issue with Air vehicles, then I suggest you join a squad and work as a group to obliterate any air that bothers you, that is the absolute best method and it works every time in my experience.

I run with a coordinated squad every evening and I can't tell you a single time we have ever had an issue with dealing with air craft. If we run into a fight that has a heavy Air presence then 2-3 of us switch to bursters and 1-2 may grab their lock-on launchers. Do I need to tell you what the result is 99.99% of the time....We vaporize any and all air craft with in our area of influence and those that we do not kill hi tail it away as fast as possible, and we simply swap out or load outs and continue with our objective.

Any ESF can easily be dealt with with a single burster/Skyguard or even a single lock on launcher, if this is not the case for you then I do not know what you are doing wrong. Sometimes, they get away, but then that is true for any vehicle in this game, just because you are shooting at it doesn't mean you will get the kill 100% of the time. If it is a liberator or a group of Air vehicles, then it is ideal to pull at least 2 - 3 bursters, and a smattering of Lock-ons, but in my experience it only takes about 5 players in AA to completely clear an area of Air vehicles, and that is not very many at all, in fact it is less then half a squad.

The only tension I ever see is those players that only play ground, and always try to frame it as Air Only vs Ground only and because they have no experience in the Air they do not know how to fly they do not know how to lead air vehicles. Personally, I fly, drive and ground pound I do not limit myself to just the ground or the Air. I've been playing this game since Alpha and I have seen AA underpowered and overpowered and I would say it is just about perfect as it is.
    • Up x 6
  6. Yessme

'Productive? ok lets see how productiv ur tex is........

1step, U try to blame us, because we have more time in cockpit than u? wooooow really productiv
    2nd step, u try to blame us coz u noob and we outskill u? wooow

u take a 1 MAN 350 NANITES VIHECLE, vs a 3 MAN 450 NANITES ANTI MBT AIRCRAFT? very very Productiv

Oh yess, the Annihilator makes 60% DMG vs an ESF, but is still cheap and have no punsh? Show me a Weapong who makes 60% DMG vs some other vihecle in 1 Shooot.... wooooow productiv

Skyguard have an TTK vs ESF of 3-4 Seconds, sure if u buff him and he kill an ESF in 1 SECOND that isn`t op`?
    Man u are so productiv

WE all here to have Fun'?? so u start Talking for me? iam not with u, i am here for kill People and like my own Playstyle...

Dit u now realise u talk ****? and for that u make a thread about Productiv? can u pleas leav that forum XD
    • Up x 2
  7. Alan Kalane

People make the same wrong assumption over and over...
    Pilots (even Skyknights!) actualy DO play ground game too!

And you know what, I am not a Skyknight but a pretty decent pilot I think, and I know both sides of the conflict. Trust me, lock-ons and flak can be deadly. In fact you only need 2 Skyguards to make a 500m+ area a no-fly zone. 3 HAs with AA rocket launchers can screw up your day as an ESF pilot. But the worst, absolutely the worst thing about AA is when you are engaged in a dogfight and some HA decides to lock-on to you. At this point you're usually screwed , especially if the other pilot has Tomcats. If you try running away behind cover (if there is any close enough) you give the other pilot some easy shots on you and if you try hovering then the HA will melt you in ~10s.

For this reason I think AA works best as a support for your own ESFs where even one G2A lock-on can be devastating, or as an air detterent where one Skyguard can make it much, much harder for aircraft to even get close. If you want an aircraft killer however, you will need to play in a squad with your friends. 3 lock-ons is a OHK on an ESF and some heavy damage to libs so in our outfit an AA squad is usually composed of 3 HAs and an engie + Valk for fast transport and a spawn point
    • Up x 1
  8. ppanj

I don't see where did this sudden wave of "buff AA nerf A2G" came... air to ground has been nerfed numerous times already, you should just see what they did to the zephyr and bulldog for example. Hell, the Dalton had its ammo pool reduced by over 50%, its anti vehicle splash removed and its anti infantry capabilities completely deleted. And it has always been easy enough for me, who carries a G2A lockon everywhere, to keep enemy air from harassing my allies while getting quite a lot of extra XP along the way.

I won't even mention the whole skyguard UP craze that seems to have swept through this forum, seemingly fueled by people thinking that a single AA unit should create a huge no fly zone and be impervious to air even if it's caught off guard and alone.

For some reason some people just don't want air to have a chance in areas with AA, which would translate into air simply not having a chance anywhere on the continent and nobody flying at all.
    • Up x 4
  9. Ronin Oni

That is what they want, yes
  10. user68

Skyguard could use a damage increase under 150m to be honest (coming form a dedicated lib pilot/gunner)
    • Up x 6
  11. Hatesphere

Exactly, this is all most sane people are asking for. They skyfaurs at range is near perfect, you shouldn't need to shred a lib at 600m. What is needed though is a better fall off damage modle to makes skygaurds actually scary close up. Even as little as 75m of increased damage before it resumes its current state would help alleviate a lot of frustration players have with the skygaurd.
    • Up x 3
  12. FocusLight

Classic Sky Knight BS right here. You are why the entitled fly-boys get practically zero respect.

Your grammar is terrible and impress no-one.

Also, not even I use Red that strongly, and when I do I don't use that hue. It's terrible.
    • Up x 6
  13. Obstruction

it's been an agenda around here for a while, and just now starting to get picked up by either the echo chamber of clueless PS2 players or some convincing sock puppets. usually it's the same 2 or 3 guys posting walls of text and statistics that they have no basis for interpreting.

and also i think people don't realize the services that seek and destroy AV libs actually perform. if they think galaxy spawns are bad now, fuss with the balance between AA and the only thing stopping galaxy dominance (AV libs) and see how bad it gets. i swear if we just went on strike for a week this place would be overboard with nerf galaxy threads.
    • Up x 1
  14. JohnGalt36

Personally, I think ESF's are UP and Liberators are OP when it comes to G2A. I have such an easy time with ESF's, but Liberators are ridiculous. I think lowering the Liberators' HP would be a better fix than buffing the Skyguard. Skyguards would absolutely wreck ESF's if they got buffed. It would be hilarious to see, though.

On the other hand, there are 1,000 things that can instakill me in my MBT, so maybe ESF's should be in the same boat for 100 nanites less...
  15. Ulas

Well just because you love flying someone randomly says that you are skypeasents or sky fsggot a nolifer ...
    Yea there are pilots with really bad atitude. There are infantry players with really bad atitude too.
    • Up x 4
  16. axiom537

I suppose...I'm more in favor of allowing Tank turrets to have a greater elevation, which would allow them to more easily fire directly at Air vehicles, a 15-20% increase in elevation would make it much easier for AP rounds to be launched at Air vehicles.

I do not think the issue with the skyguard is necessarily because it doesn't do enough damage, but rather it does it's job very well, either killing an aircraft or forcing it to evade, which leaves it with nothing to do, once it has accomplished its goal. I think if we gave the Skyguard an alternative fire mode that allowed it to engage infantry or vehicles, would do much more, because then players wouldn't abandon them once the battle changes.

I also think the same could be said for the AA Secondaries. If you are willing to sacrifice your secondary gun for a ranger on your MBT, then that ranger should be nearly as powerful as a Skyguard. Or even put the Ranger on the harasser, a ground vehicle that is a much better playform for AA, because of its speed,
  17. Czarinov

His language may not be the best, however not everyone had good english classes. To disregard one's argument because of bad grammar is bad.

Bad color is bad, no doubt. Also he's not being very polite.

However this doesn't make him wrong. Actually, most his points are completely TRUE. Most true is the fact that people VICTIMIZE themselves, that "you got more time in ESF, I have not chance" is total bloody bs. It's not "more time", it's called using your arms and brains to learn something.

Are you really surprised how Yessmee reacted though? I'm enraged as well by how many guys nowadays are whiny crybabies who got use to a certain comfort. All modern games are being tailored to useless dummies that like having their asse s wiped. Is this ok with you?

Anyways, bad people are in EVERY community. Skyknights shine out because there are a few and because so many gamers are just lazy to try and learn.

And this is offtopic. Which is the OP's mistake.
    • Up x 4
  18. HORNYBOSS

Flyboys got no respect? The amount of stress and patience required when learning how to fly already makes "flyboys" most badass people inthe game. If someone has zero respect, it is tank scrubs who have very hard time pressing WASD while instagibbing infantry. You dont have to spit on good pilots when you are a bad one.
    P.S laughting at someone's grammar, when you have no other arguments to post, is pretty lame
    • Up x 3
  19. Czarinov

FocusLight though speaks of different kind of respect. Some pilots (farmers) in fact don't deserve respect at all. But that's not good to generalize.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alan Kalane

Please define "farmers".