[Video] Chainsaw Massacre - Knife Kills Compilation

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Iridar51

I heard you guys like knife kills ;)

Watch in 1080p60!

Loadout: The Ripper, Adrenaline Pump, Counter-Intelligence implant, Smoke Grenade.

I threw in a couple of old good clips, but most of it I recorded today, running with wielded knive exclusively. That dropped my K/D to 1.5, but it was hella fun.

Feels a lot like playing with a shotgun, but bad*** instead of guilty.

This is the first time in eternity I've played with Adrenaline Pump, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a gamechanger, and I still would not recommend using it over nanoweave for a standard loadout, but the speed difference was noticeable. May be an optimal choice for shotgun flanker loadout.

Notes:
    • You can activate the knife while sprinting.
    • Equipping any knife produces a sound effect that can be heard by enemies. Special thanks to [GCOA] WillhelmSchulz for teaching me this with his gun -_-
    • I'm not a fan of medkit chugging, but seems justified in this case.
    Apparently, ShadowPlay and PlanetSide 2 finally made friends on my PC, so now I'll be able to easily record quality content at 60 FPS.

My other videos:
    Juggernaut, the Red Baron - collaboration with Juggernaut, an ESF dogfighting montage themed after WWI's Red Baron

Light Assault Montages:
    Goodbye - AC-X11 CQC montage
    I fight for Vanu! - taking suppressed Pulsar C into CQC with music from Black Mesa
    I fight for Vanu 2: Solstice Tribute - sharing the joy of using this amazing weapon
    Armistice Day - making this video taught me to respect the power of SMGs
    Freedom has a price - AF-19 Mercenary tribute
    Weapon Spotlight: GD-7F - a tribute to sexiest carbine in the game
    Light Assault Irony - my first PlanetSide 2 video, features T5 AMC and mild humor
    Night Patrol - a slow-paced slug shotgun montage
    TS-4 Haymaker - slug shotgun montage
    Shotgun Streaks - two videos, demonstrating my semi-auto shotgun playstyle.

Unconventional Gameplay:
    Aggressive Engineering - cheesing infantry kills with Tank Mines
    Pump Action Shotgun Slugs: Part 1, Part 2 - showcasing one of the most powerful, yet challenging loadouts
    I can Levitate - a compilation of aerial kills while flying on LA Jump Jets

Video Guides:
    Light Assault Basic Strategy
    Jet Pack Tips
    Full Auto Shotgun Highlight
    Light Assault Gameplay with voiced commentary
    • Up x 2
  2. pnkdth

Looks like fun. The horror nerd in me though twitched at the sight of Jason instead of Leatherface though(given the title!).

Nice collection of links too! Cool stuff.
  3. Iridar51

Well I'm no horror nerd, especially when it comes to classics. I used Jason because he has a hockey mask, which is similar to LA maniac mask in PS2.
  4. Extremite

I haven't tried a knife-based loadout with anything besides stalker yet. The jetpack could be a lot of fun, I reckon. Adrenaline Pump is a lot of fun for a stalker. Since our cloaks are time based it makes moving around just that much easier.
  5. Iridar51

For LA that's also the case, though it's offset by being useless during flying, which is in itself slightly faster than sprint.

Knife only can be fun, but mostly it's good to learn when you can use the knife, and when it's better to default to the gun. Knife kills more silently, and gives bad**s points, but just knifing everyone in sight is 70% less optimal than playing with a gun.