Top Player Kills: Mostly VS/TR and Faction most Killed: NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Oct 18, 2014.

1. PWGuy93

From a humor perspective...
    The NC have the most players and the most new players based on marketing.
    Every marketing picture including the login screen shows the NC in grand light and TR and VS as the guys dying.
    It's a numbers thing, more players, the higher the character body count.
  2. EGuardian1

CONGLOMERATE, **** YEAH!

Pft, I joined NC because I started as a TR and kept getting WRECKED by the blue guys, So I joined them and only occasionally look back.
  3. Yuukikun

because the NC vehicles are less AI oriented, that's the only reason.
  4. Auzor

To add to my previous post.
    I've just looked up my VS alt.
    Distribution of kills TR-NC: 37-63.
    Sooo.. my VS alt has almost killed twice as many NC as TR. Wow... I certainly didn't feel like I picked fights with NC more often. Might be server balance/whatever, but still.
  5. TheKhopesh

If you're wondering why NC only ever win when they have an oppressively larger force, it's because the simple fact remains that we don't have terribly effective AI versatility.

the major issue seems to be that NC weapons are FAR less accurate for the relatively small damage boost, where as TR can afford to miss quite a few extra rounds, and VS have weapons that are essentially point and hold to win.

VS don't miss while firing full-auto at optimal ranges, TR miss about 1 out of every 3-4 shots, but NC can only land about 3-4 shots.
    So we have to burst at ranges where our enemy can fire full auto, and it takes two NC firing at the same target to kill him before he kills the guy he's aiming at.

Of course, this is assuming all players in the scenario are high skill players, and find themselves without any immediate cover (Yes, it happens. Fairly often actually).
    • Up x 1
  6. Jake the Dog

Bro, been fighting this war for two years now, first as a freedom fighter and now as a professional soldier we'll never know whos right...
  7. Xasapis

Fury was a beast at the time, was common pool and was used by everyone. Even if Canister and PPA were really bad compared to the pre-nerf fury, noone cared.

It may sound weird, but VS weapons penalise you for letting go of the trigger.
  8. Juunro

...and that contradicts my point how, exactly? Fury was overpowered as all hell at the time. Know what the Canisters original effective range was? About ten feet. My buddy bought one as the first thing he spent certs on back at launch, because and I quote "A point defense shotgun on a tank would be really useful!".

He doesn't even play the game anymore and he still ******* about it to me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Xasapis

Well, the Fury was extremely strong for over a year of the game's life. The PPA start seeing similar heavy usage the past three months. I'm just pointing out that that particular weapon alone, or canister being bad for a very long time, were not strong enough reasons to skew the death count towards NC.

The popularity of NC throughout history certainly was.
  10. Predator01cz

You have to keep in mind that they accumulated these kills over the elapsed time of this game and the game was in far worse balance situation than it's now.
    They accumulated these kills during the:
    Magrider era
    ZOE era
    Striker era
    Marauder era
    Vulcan era
    PPA era

There were many eras when something was OP, unluckily for us, it was never any of the NC stuff..
    NC stuff comes in already overnerfed fresh out of package. (cough cough Canister, cough cough Phoenix)

On top of that the fact that VS/TR is an easy mode reflects very well on the top 50 best players.

But I like it that way... I don't like playing games on easy, that's why I chose the hard difficulty.
    As somebody stated.. It makes the victory all the more rewarding.
    And those few NC in top 50? you know they worked their ***** off harder than the rest combined to get there.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

That weapon was bad enough to do that, easily. :D
  12. TEUFELDRITCH

Regarding why I choose NC:

I play NC because they are Blue team. I choose Blue team in games, with one notable exception.* That's it. Not because of "MURICA EFF YA!" or because of marketing. I'm Blue thru & thru.

*APB:Reloaded being the exception. I choose Red team in APB:R as Red is Criminals & Blue is cops & no way in h-e-double hockey sticks am I going to play as a cop.
  13. New Conglawesomeness

Hey, I've been playing Planetside 2 for a couple of years now. Level 100. Never lead a platoon but have been part of many and a part of a couple of outfits. I come from Connery so my experience may not be applicable to other servers but Connery is a very populated server and I've played on other servers before.

Anyways, for some reason, people think NC have the best MAX and the best guns but don't use their tactics well enough to use these weapons effectively. Let me make this clear: NC are the least advantageous faction out of all three. Our weapons are slow, have crap range, and our MAX units are useless unless indoors. However, our weapons do have really nice stopping power, so NC dominates at the close range fights. Unfortunately, due to Planetside's vast landscapes, the fights reach breathtaking ranges, so CQC becomes only a small fraction of all the ranges in which fighting occurs.

Most of NC guns are at the ultimate disadvantage in the combat that occurs because of the openness of Planetside. Look at it this way: NC guns are slow and have small mags while TR guns, for example, are fast and have actually appallingly large mags which ends up requiring less worry about hitting a target and more worry about pointing the gun in the general direction of the target. Especially if it comes to a Heavy Assault, the bane of all those who desire to play Planetside like a player, not some cheese grinder.

The VS also have an immense advantage over the NC, because they have the upper hand on the most important aspect of handling a gun: range and control. The VS guns are by far the easiest guns I have ever used in any FPS I have come across while NC guns, due to their stopping power, can become very uncontrollable and very annoying to aim; even while having my crosshair right on top of opponents, I miss because the spread of the gun is so wide anyways. Because of the large-recoil, heavy-spread, slow, and small-mag guns of NC, NC needs to very much worry about getting the right shot and aiming well. This can be pretty annoying for a newbie but ends in nice results because once the guns are handled well, the headshots become very forgiving and those damn HA's aren't much of a hassle anymore. I have even heard it from a well-known Connery VS QRF (Quick-Reaction Force) leader that NC are pretty much screwed. All the time.

Finally, for NC Connery, we lose near to all the alerts that occur. In the beginning, when alerts were patched in, we would pretty much win them all because we had tactics, we had good platoons, and we had good leaders. We still do, but ask anyone from Connery: it almost seems like the VS and TR team up on the NC and if you don't want to take my word for it, get on Connery and check it out. Many, many, many of the alerts turn into a VS-TR frontline desertion and a full-frontal assault on NC. It becomes 2v1 rather than 1v1v1. I don't know if the other factions notice it, but that's what I have observed and it's very clear and obvious. Maybe this applies to other servers too. I might check out other servers to see, but it's definitely a problem on Connery.

In the end, I gotta tell you, sometimes playing on Connery as NC can be annoying. But the challenge is exhilarating and getting those seemingly impossible killstreaks feel great, especially on CQC with our powerful gauss weapons. If you want to become a damn badass player, get on some damn NC and get used to our guns because if they don't make you a good player, they make you a great player. And if they don't make you a great player, they'll make you a shotgun. They will turn you into a shotgun. And then an actual good player will use you. But that hasn't happened yet. Anyways, TR and VS suck, NC rules. Case closed.
    • Up x 1
  14. MarkAntony

But you clearly haven't played forumside enough to know not to necro threads...
  15. Mythologicus

What.

Also necro.

But what.

VS and TR team up on NC like NC and TR team up on VS, and VS and NC team up on TR.

I don't know if you're actually praising your faction or hating on it.
  16. omfgweeee

Its not best Infantry Weapon Selection! Its the widest (have a lot of types of weps) but not the best. Even if Vanu have Orion/BeatenJews/SVA only as "good LMGs" its enought to win the battle. Doesnt matter that you have only 1 strong gun if is stronger than any other faction gun then you win.

Do not mistake widest selection with best infantry selection!!!