[Suggestion] Requests to buff TR weapons - and the scum who opposes it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, May 13, 2015.

1. axiom537

Then TR will complain that is not unique enough, because the AV turret is laser guided and so are the Ravens...
  2. ALTRego

You know I want to believe that somewhere within this game we call PS2 that some form of the original exists. In its early days the original was bold and allowed for vast styles of game play and complete freedom to attack or defend anywhere one liked. Nowadays we are herded like cats into large alleyways of gameplay to force larger fights, and so the smaller ones die along with our freedom to decide where/when we want to fight. We have several websites where we can track our friends and enemies logging and play habits, and we give up our right to privacy every time we come to play.

Yes, OP there are many items on your list that instantly grab my attention as items I agree that should not have ever been changed. Take for instance the Stryker, of which I recently asked for my points back, the original functionality of the weapon itself was fundamentally changed. The faction specific weapons were meant to be OP or there would be nothing special about them or the faction. Change the weapon and you have neutered the faction. Did they change the Lancer or the Phoenix? Changes to the balance or functionality of any weapon should always we weighed with the core balance of the original game itself or we change the name of the game.

In conclusion I would like to simply say be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.
    • Up x 1
  3. xMaxdamage

Logged to say I'm with you OP.
    And concerning the mcg, consider that even at 10 meters the ads CoF is slightly bigger than a human target, so even at that distance you will do even less damage than it does on paper...and at less than 10 meters you just hipfire because of poor 1.5X headshot damage multiplier, AND you have spin-up time, AND fixed CoF makes you do very poor damage to distant targets.... I'd like to see it buffed at least in the magazine capacity, since you waste so many bullets doing everything...

Stock/laser/darklight should have 150/450 ammo profile.
    Ex mags should have 300/300.
    Brrt should remain as it is now 100/300, the buff it gives in max spin RPM makes the gun fine imho, but absolutely not suited for sustained fire (and I'm ok with that)
    • Up x 2
  4. HAXTIME

Very constructive comment, I greatly appreciate.

Most of these are common pool weapons, which means that either the other two factions have something very similar, or a copy-paste version. The TRAP is meh, as you described. Boring and unintuitive.

Very powerful, high-risk-high-reward ability. I use it in 2 of my loadouts myself, this thing can be insane. But it does not substitute or replace infantry based AV.

Dead on point.

I like Lockdown, it's badass: a very-high-risk - high-reward ability, but needs a tiny bit of love. Either the risk reduced (faster mobilizing speed), or the reward increased (additional reload, RoF bonus). It's a "come at me you worthless piece of sh*t" ability, and that it fulfills perfectly.

MCG is my favourite by astonishingly far in the entire game. It can stand 1v1 with rapid fire, and clear a building with extended mags. I almost always laugh when I use it, the only special thing that keeps me in the TR infantry game (and maybe the T4 AMP). In this regard, I'd give the Lasher X2 a minor damage buff.
    • Up x 1
  5. HAXTIME

I appreciate your constructive comment, but indeed, this thread is more about the ES stuff we have. I mean, compared to a multi-shot slingshot dumbfire rocket launcher, our opponents come with instant hitting particle beams and camera guided missiles.

The case of MAXes is very similar. Just with dual laser guided and dual instant hitting particle beams compared to dual dumbfire rocket launchers that are useless past mid-range in a competitive environment.
  6. asmodraxus

Lets see the TR needs the following buffed

Striker (its a pale shadow of the lock on and unable to break lock if the first missile hits debacle). Maybe should be a rapid fire lock on (needing constant lock) if each missile was a separate entity instead of merely following the first, and lock could be reacquired
    Trap (its not a sniper rifle its a scout rifle), maybe make it something like thesemi auto snipers but with a better cof and the ability to burst fire it (without destroying the CoF).
    Fractures
    AMP's might need some more ammo in the clip

The other aspects of TR might need a look at

Why does the Prowler rarely use gunners, yet they are able to compete? Lockdown + 2 120mm guns highest DP's, nerf the main gun and buff the secondary and make the lockdown affect the fire rate of the vulcan (giveth DPS for vulcan and remove the same amount of DPS from the main gun to compensate).
    Pounder needs the AI nerfing and the AV buffing slightly to make up for it

That is all.

What the VS need
    ZOE (seriously self nerf 30% or so less health for 1 less bullet within 10m and a slightly faster run/walk speed?, ammo packs have more versatility then that garbage).
    LMG's other then the Orion and SV88 that aren't garbage (why do you think the VS just use these weapons unless grinding for the Betelgeuse)
    Lasher (doesn't lash, enough said, maybe if they cannot figure out how to make it lash it should be renamed the splasher).
    Magriders PPA (finally being buffed after how long being trash?)
    Magriders Mag Burn (1 second of boost seriously not worth it)
    Magriders main gun has slightly more damage but the same velocity, gravity and a slower fire rate then the Lightning (aka the NS/VS MBT, in terms of DPS Prowler > Lightning>Vanguard>Magrider, hence 1/2 Mags = dead mag.)
    Phasexcrement (just separate the charge mode like the spiker and give it a 4x zoom)
    Spiker could do with something as the NS pistols seem better then all the VS hunks of junk.

Oh and the next idiot that claims the lancer is an instant hit weapon should actually try to hit something at range with one, like a mossie....
  7. HAXTIME

It has its uses, even more so if used by groups (which I'm yet to see). I actually have it on two of my HA loadouts.

But it is not that intuitive, unique, and exciting as an instant hitting particle beam or a camera guided missile launcher now, is it? Especially if we consider we don't have any long-range infantry based AV options other than the AP turret. While our opponents sport 2-2.
  8. day ofm one

Ah, but hey, we got:

- a Pounders that are actually good (at killing infantry of course, vehicles only have to get into close range for them to be efficient)
    - we also got the Repeater (which is just a secondary gun, so everyone simply has to go secondary primary)
    - also don't forget about the lockdown (I mean, the only threats are C4 fairies, tanks, aircrafts and anyone with half way decent aim)
    - and so we also got lockdown Bursters (so enemy aircrafts only have to be stupid enough to come up front)
    - and our MBT is the fastest in the game (let's just forget about it having to be deployed to actually do anything)

So, you see, you just have to be in the right situation (the other factions weapons are only a tiny bit much more less situational and challenging to use).
    • Up x 1
  9. HAXTIME

Yes, please. Spiker, Phaseshift, Lasher, they all need a serious balance overpass (I've made a comment somewhere on the forums about this). But the Lancer (along with the Vortex) can be pretty much considered an instant hitting particle beam against anything that really matters, right? Tanks, Sunderers, hell even Harassers.

They are anything but overpowered, but they
    1. look cool,
    2. sound cool,
    3. are useful,
    4. are very unique.
  10. day ofm one

You have to admit, the Striker is pretty good as soon as an aircrafts is withing 50 meters range.
    Who needs more than 50 meters range anyways in a game with maps the size of a hundred squarekilometers...
    • Up x 1
  11. HAXTIME

Now please, compare the idea behind and the performance of this weapon (TRAP) to the alternatives of our opponents, and you even more fully comprehend the reason of this thread:
    • Awesome, very hard hitting ultra-long-range railgun (as if sniping wasn't about range).
    • Awesome, chargeable plasma sniper rifle with regenerating power core.
      • It could use a serious balance overpass, but the weapon offers unique functionality and awesomeness on a silver plate, that just has to be tweaked a little to be useful.
  12. Revel

As for anchor, I never do it in a MAX unless I'm dual burster in a fairly safe location. Charge to evade C4/rockets is the way to go. Anchor is just asking to die.

The problem with Prowler anchor is that in smaller fights it gets you killed, in vehicle zergs where you're safe it contributes to rage on the forums.
  13. HAXTIME

It would be the only launcher with laser guidance capability. But it was just an idea. I really liked the Striker even when it was lock-on, even though I was jealous of the other two ESRLs for being more..... special. Striker was just a new Annihilator, but it was well performing. Maybe a bit too well. Now, it's garbage.
  14. Liewec123

sure you might wanna pull a burster max, they're very good AA and thats because they cost you 450 resources :)
    to get rid of the encroaching armour column just deploy some AA prowlers out of raven range.
    i'm not sure why you'd expect a rocket launcher to help deal with the guys on the mountain though, other than lancer they're all useless in that scenario.

i'm not above admitting that striker could use some tweaks,
    if i could do it i'd make the coyote AA function work on ground vehicles too and i'd buff the velocity, but that'd be it really.
    as for fractures all i'd really do is remove the wobble so every rocket goes where you're aiming (though still slowly drop ofcourse)
  15. xMaxdamage

Coyote to striker/fractures would be very much op, consider a sunderer just behind cover...lol.

I'd be fine with a fracture-like striker with auto-reload mechanic, very fast proiectile and almost no drop. Can't think any other way to make it more unique :E
  16. FocusLight

Classic case of "I can't refute any argument you make because I had none to begin with so I'll claim you are just being emotional to undermine you personally."

Even if that was the case it still would not make your absurd and off-topic dismissal of the issues presented here any better. Do you have anything of value to share on your own behalf or will you continue, in a tread about the sucky weapons TR has - that anyone with any sense in their heads will agree are indeed sucky - to propose that TR *DON'T* have sucky weapons and how we "need VS cosmetical changes more than TR weapon buffs" ?

Because if the latter is the case then you have absolutely nothing of value to add, and are simply wasting people's time.
  17. Lucidius134

Could do it like BRINK's minigun and combine the minigun spin up w/ ADS so when you do it you move slow.
  18. TheBlindFreak

That's a lot of vague text to plead for the buffing of 2 specific weapons.
  19. cobaltlightning

Le's back up a bit.

I honestly think the Striker should be reverted with a tweak or two. The Lock-On made for some really fun Striker Squads back when they still had their lock-on, and I know I'm not the only one that misses that. Maybe a compromise of re-adding the lock-on to vehicles with dumbfire (kinda like every other ESAARL, able to lock to Air vehicles but can still dumbshoot if needed) But remain the current damage profile it has, yet instead limit their lock-on range to ~100 meters?

's just hopeful thinking. The Phoenix and Lancer didn't feel like they had very much changes in their mechanics, and are sitting at a max range of 300 and 700 meters respectively. My reasoning for the such short range in comparison to the other unique launchers would till count as a nerf in terms of old Striker, and perhaps a bit better balanced anyway as well as further emphasis of TR's daka: Dumb-fire Striker Squad could still lock down a room or two.
  20. PostalDude

Don't forget about our LMGs and Carbines pls.