Real tanks have curves

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, May 6, 2015.

1. Hotbread

There's no reason why the prowler should be a square.
    All it does is make it easier to bump into things and maneuver.
    Why can't we just have a regular shaped tank? Or at least something to offset this advantage of terrible maneuverability?
    Higher speed would work, that way you could outrun other vehicles as long as you don't bump into things.
  2. RedArmy

the vanguard is even square'er
  3. FocusLight

Oh, but we DO have the fastest tank.

IIRC, it's 10 km/h faster than the Vanguard.

Thus justifies the lock-down mechanic, don't you know.
  4. Leftconsin

Ah, yes. I see. 10kph. Most OP.
  5. FocusLight

Indeed it is, so STOP CRYING ABOUT IT! :p
  6. Leftconsin

Actually I just recently was using an AP lightning and had to stop because I realized I do more damage as an SMG Infil.
  7. FateJH

I am imagining Leftconsin uncloaking, emptying an Armistice magazine into the side of a Vanguard, then cloaking again, awkwardly.
    • Up x 1
  8. Leftconsin

NS-7 and surprisingly, it works.
  9. MouthFulofCrabs

10. DashRendar

Lol, the Prowler actually is the most maneuverable treaded vehicle in the game. If you honestly think that the Prowler is tough to handle, come over to blue and give the Vanguard a spin in battle. The Prowler handles like a large ATV and the Vanguard a yacht.
    • Up x 2
  11. Procyon72

Yes. The Shape of the Prowler counters its "High" Speed. You can travel faster than any other MBT, yes. But you cant hit anything while going through terrain. I think DBG knew this, and introduced Lockdown as a counter to this "feature". You either move faster than anybody else, and cant hit ****, or you dont move at all, and outgun everything. Seems balanced to me.
    The Prowler still looks like it was designed by someone who hasnt seen a tank, in like, ever. Srsly DBG wtf?

i think the op meant Square as in: its as wide as it is long. Cause the Prowler is?

How about a lightning?
  12. Ballto21

youre appropriating box culture check your privilege
    • Up x 5
  13. DashRendar

With Rival frame, the Lightning has mild steering lag coupled with less grip, giving it gobs of oversteer. With engine upgrades, the Lightning has initial understeer which shifts to huge oversteer. The Prowler has great steering response, good turn radius, and good grip, which gives it much less under/oversteer. Not saying the Lightnings qualities don't make it fun to drive, but the Prowler is a more stable platform as a whole and more controllable.
  14. Shiaari

Did you ask for square burgers?

[IMG]
  15. Hotbread

Wow I made this thread when I was under the influence of a dangerous amount of benadril.
    My point still stands, prowlers are hard to maneuver because they're squares!
  16. Lucidius134

If you get cosmetic trims you can make them rectangles like every other tank......................maybe you can confuse people into thinking you are driving parralel to them because you drive with the longest face forward then.

Maybe, if you get blue camo NC will even think you're a sideways vanguard. :eek:
  17. Shadowomega

That or you just wanted someone to laugh at your metal boxes?

• Up x 4
  18. Vorpal_Spork

The prowler is much rounder than the vast majority of real tanks.
  19. Vorpal_Spork

Cosmetic shop needs a fedora and neckbeard.
    • Up x 1
  20. Hotbread

Don't forget feminist smart glasses, on other factions.