[Suggestion] What weapons need Buffs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 3, 2015.

1. Goldmonk

I'm not talking the cheesy Noobtube of COD and BF, I just want something that'll go a little further and do more than cuddle my enemy.
    • Up x 1
  2. Goldmonk

Honestly, if I could kill as quickly as I've seen NC MAXes kill at close range, I would be the happiest man of all. I don't care about long-distance with my MAX. I really don't, why waste the resources when you can pull a LA or Sniper for almost free.
  3. DCWarHound

Fractures,striker,M18 rotary,SA sniper rifles and the bull and rhino need to be made unique.
  4. Cinnamon

Burst rifles and battle rifles don't need buffs. They have all been buffed before and the problem is with the feel and usability of the weapons and how they perform head to head with full automatic weapons and especially ones with high strafe speeds or good hip fire.

Rhino and EM1 they could just do the unthinkable and raise rate of fire up a tier.

PDW and MKV add 5 to mag size. Hailstorm bring accuracy slightly more in line with Blitz.

Carbines the under barrel variants need a buff to base stats with grenades having so many nerfs.

Other changes are probably more down to individual preference or weapons having stats that don't match their most obvious use.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Now will the devs notice this thread?
  6. Pikachu

Maybe also balanced around making new players want to buy something better. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Its frustrating how theres so many things that could be better.
  8. Ronin Oni

This thread is against TOS...

It doesn't have a direct topic/purpose AND it's a "BUFF!" thread

If you want to talk balance of specific weapons, make a thread, AND START WITH A POST THAT ACTUALLY HAS COTENT AND NOT JUST "Discuss"
  9. Scr1nRusher

What is your problem?
  10. Ronin Oni

You.

Also, stupid threads that start with "Discuss" and no actual OP content TO EFFING DISCUSS.

You just want your name on a big thread.

How about making a bloody opening statement about something for people to actually DISCUSS.

Also, as per ToS, it needs to actually have a defined topic. Over reaching threads that have too much breadth of scope are effectively useless to them.
    • Up x 3
  11. Scr1nRusher

Read what I said in the OP.

The topic is there.
  12. Ronin Oni

Yeah, you made NO real statement here.

You discussed nothing. You made no arguments. NOTHING.

"Talk about this" is all you said...
  13. Scr1nRusher

Why are you coming after me so much lately?
  14. Ronin Oni

The answer to your question would be directly insulting and against ToS....

But basically I don't have the highest regard for your opinions or posts and feel obligated to refute them at every step
    • Up x 1
  15. Goldmonk

Dude, read the posts. We're barely aggressive, we are making suggestions, and most of our suggestions are backed by reasonable evidence. The fact the mods haven't deleted this means no rule is being broken in their mind.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ronin Oni

I'm not talking about peoples individuals posts in this thread.

I'm talking about the thread creation itself.

Radar has also expressed multiple times that combined topic threads are not very helpful to them, and that focused threads on specifics are much better for their feedback processing.

They also better allow for focused discussion on said specific topic.
  17. Scr1nRusher

It is a focused thread.

The only person getting it off the rails is you.
  18. Ronin Oni

Example of focused thread:
    Here's an exampla of an UNFOCUSED thread
    Which sounds more like your OP or this thread in general?

The problem with a thread like this is it's hard to stay on topic (besides some jerk like me coming in and totally derailing of course) because lets say replier #3 says that the SAW is underpowered and needs a buff... then there's another 10 posts before I see it. I reply to poster #3, but now there's 7 posts unrelated between us. There will be more discussion about other weapons before he see's and responds.

The thread does not follow a single train of thought. THAT'S why it's hard for them to use it for proper feedback, which is what I said was the problem with this type of thread in the first place.

This is just a compilation of people making buff requests. It's meaningless on it's own without each having it's own proper discussion.

EACH WEAPON SYSTEM IN NEED OF CHANGE SHOULD HAVE IT'S OWN THREAD.

And furthermore, as I also noted, the opening post should actually make a damn argument itself.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Sigh.......

This was going to be a nice thread, where people could share what they wanted to see buffed in the future.

So the Devs could check it out.
  20. Ronin Oni

"Devs look at me! I make threads!"

^You.