AMS Cloaked Module Confirmed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Apr 14, 2015.

1. FateJH

Actually, nothing indicates, written or visually, in this thread or on that Twitter page, that the Sunderer "seen" is in its deployed AMS state. (Except you.)
    • Up x 1
  2. Gorganov

Guys...cloaked AMS is amazing why wouldn't you want it? To keep it balanced it will obviously replace the deploy shield or blockade, so it will be easy for solo players to destroy it. Are people scared of invisible bang buses with blockade? The crying would never stop
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

Actually you can tell in the picture because you can see the AMS System on the side(and to some extent the front) & the raised side panel that goes above the infantry terminal.

Also the Devs confirmed its a Cloaked AMS module(and Malorn told us that it was being enworks for a while now)
  4. Scr1nRusher

Its a Defensive slot option, much like deploy shield.
  5. FateJH

If it really were that obvious, you wouldn't have people making the statement like "it had better be when deployed only." That bush in front of the Sunderer isn't helping discern features.
    Until it is confirmed in writing, all bets remain off.
  6. Mezinov

Thread title says nothing about if it is a moving or deployed function, and all I see is a picture of a Harasser with a Sunderer with the cloak FX applied to it in the background. Unfortunately I don't have my Mr. Spy Jr. kit with me to bust out a magnifying glass to try and discern if the vehicle is in the deployed state. It doesn't look that way to me, but it is also sitting in bushes and with a proper background meant to diffuse its silhouette.

Additionally, just because something works one way in PS1 doesn't mean thats how it is going to work in PS2. I think the development team has made that perfectly obvious from the getgo. I played PS1 from launch, and am of the camp who would have been happy with just PS1 slapped over updated gun mechanics and graphics engine.

Quoted for truth.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Have you considered people might be stupid or don't know about Planetside 1?

Also, its a Cloaked AMS system,But unlike the PS1 one which was a bubble, this one interms of looks is very much like the flash cloak module. The deployed sunderer itself is cloaked, but not the people around it.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Its actually infront of those bushes.

Also Check this out: http://i.imgur.com/x5uVPNN.jpg

Look closely. You should be able to see the AMS's front stoppers & the raised side panel and infantry terminal.
  9. Dualice

Faaaaack.

So completing the stealth cert line on my sundy was all for nothing.
  10. FateJH

It's good for ambushing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

That change was for deployed sunderers not non deployed sunderers.

Your stealth cert line is very useful for when the sunderer is on the move & when vehicle stealth is on a deployed sunderer it even helps when people are gunning the sunderer shooting at things.
  12. Pikachu

Where is Tuco with his mantra?
  13. Scr1nRusher

Apparently he was banned from forumside for some reason.
  14. Ronin Oni

That takes TIME
  15. Ronin Oni

Tuco banned? Can't imagine why :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  16. Scr1nRusher

[PS1 things intensify]
    • Up x 1
  17. Dualice

This is true. It still protects the sundy inside those last 15m too I guess.

I do like sneaky stealth deployments.
  18. Scr1nRusher

yep.
  19. Scr1nRusher

20. HadesR