RIP airgame 2012-2015. Tanks, it will be your turn soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

Well, this is a thread because they ****** the air game, so RIP that. Now that everything interesting is on the ground...

You guys in tanks will probably get the same **** we just got. This is to say, forced acceleration on your turrets. Basically it will move slower at first, then faster and faster. But a DRASTIC acceleration such as it will be TURTLE slow at first.
    I'm saying this based on the ps4 beta feedback that tanks are hard to aim because of no-acceleration.

So yeah, RIP airgame, how stupid can some company be, it's **** up over **** up. I just left the Archeage fiasco and come back to this one...

I'm not a fan of tanking, but I seriously hope you guys don't get this. Getting nerfs/buffs is something, but getting your controls ****** is a whole other deal.
    • Up x 14
  2. Ronin Oni

"Thanks for paying for everything till now PC players! Now kindly screw off so we can peddle this to the console market" - DBG

This turning acceleration BS is beyond insane.

We're PC FFS! We have DIGITAL INPUT devices. This analog emulation with digital input is the absolute WORST thing that they can do to us.
    • Up x 16
  3. Jawarisin

I seriously wish there was a way for me to reach all the console peasants and tell them not to play this game, and show them how horrible the company is handling it.
    • Up x 2
  4. Copasetic

"Stay tuned for more news about the upcoming Xbox One port!"
    • Up x 1
  5. pnkdth

Incredible. I mean, wow. This is the biggest middle finger in the history of Console/PC-ports ever.
    • Up x 4
  6. Jake the Dog

Lol i swear you made this post with me in mind XD

I still need to check today how bad everything is but ive got a presentation to finish. So probably not till late.
  7. NinjaTurtle

And they said the PS4 development would not impact the PC version

I call BS
    • Up x 9
  8. gigastar

Dont really care what happens. I dont fly, and i barely drive anymore.

ESF pilots were overdue for a nice, meaty smack in the face from DBG's Department of Nonsensical Changes anyway.
  9. Liewec123

meh, just carry on flying,
    you'll adapt naturally and in a few weeks you won't be doing any better or worse than you were doing yesterday :)
    • Up x 1
  10. Jawarisin

Just imagine your prowler/vanguard turret that turns like a magrider. And that's not half of it.
  11. Ronin Oni

Yeah, used to getting bad ports from console.

This is the first time ever a PC exclusive was later forced to accept console port quality control BS
    • Up x 8
  12. MorganM

You are what's wrong with the world.

First they came for the Air Pilots, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Pilot.

Then they came for the Ground Pilots, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Ground Pilots.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392
    • Up x 8
  13. Jake the Dog

I'll try it out in a few minutes. I'm not a crazy pilot but I can still reverse maneuver not well but I can.
  14. Thunde333

Mosquito feels like a very fast valkyrie. But it still wobble when I try to move left. If they can remove the shake/wobble thing its going to be great. Its alot easier to fly at the ground now.
  15. Flamberge

[IMG]
    Just sayin'.

This might actually be good for players entering the air game. This in a way puts them on semi-equal footing, as both now have to learn how to utilize the new system.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

I assure you, drivers have such a low expectation of maneuverability and survival and actual relevance that the only thing that could ruin the Ground game at this point is breaking the code for getting into Vehicles in the first place.
    • Up x 4
  17. sjtw_w_stot

NO PASARAN!
  18. Scatterblak

Surely they won't implement that on the PC version; years and years ago, when Microsoft was experimenting with a PC-XBOX games bridge, they realized the limitations of digital vs. digital-proportional vs. mouse control, and that there was no way a single methodology would work for all of them. There's far-and-away no need for acceleration on any mouse-controlled game dynamic, unless in the name of immersion - it's more than obvious doing it to 'help' or the make the aiming experience 'better' would be a brain-dead thing to do.
  19. Nepau

You didn't read between the lines

"The PS4 development will not effect the PC version In a beneficial way."
    • Up x 6
  20. Jawarisin

That's like putting everybody in a permanent wheelchair and saying: "Now you're on equal footing, race ahead!"
    • Up x 5