[Guide] [Video] Light Assault Gameplay with Commentary

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Iridar51

In this video I explain my thought process as an experienced LA player.
    Be advised, thick Russian accent inside. Using subtitles is recommended :)

My other videos:
    Juggernaut, the Red Baron - collaboration with Juggernaut, an ESF dogfighting montage themed after WWI's Red Baron

Light Assault Montages:
    Goodbye - AC-X11 LA CQC montage
    I fight for Vanu! - taking suppressed Pulsar C into CQC with music from Black Mesa
    I fight for Vanu 2: Solstice Tribute - sharing the joy of using this amazing weapon
    Armistice Day - making this video taught me to respect the power of SMGs
    Freedom has a price - AF-19 Mercenary tribute
    Weapon Spotlight: GD-7F - a tribute to sexiest carbine in the game
    Light Assault Irony - my first PlanetSide 2 video, features T5 AMC and mild humor
    Night Patrol - a slow-paced slug shotgun montage
    TS-4 Haymaker - slug shotgun montage

Unconventional Gameplay:
    Aggressive Engineering - cheesing infantry kills with Tank Mines
    Pump Action Shotgun Slugs: Part 1, Part 2 - showcasing one of the most powerful, yet challenging loadouts

Video Guides:
    Light Assault Basic Strategy
    Jet Pack Tips
    Full Auto Shotgun Highlight
    • Up x 3
  2. Corezer

Good stuff.
  3. repairtool6

Yes, great video. Helpful stuff for others.

Some make videos just to show off "skill" but this one show off EXPERIENCE
    It is just as important.

I really liked it
  4. Rhumald

"Overcome by religious bloodthirst"

I loved that line! XD
  5. Sandpants

"Hello I am Iridar and I have Falcon vision, I can see you in your warpgate and those pants don't match the color of your eyes. Thank you and good luck sleeping tonight!"
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

He probably has a big screen.

I can't see stealthed infiltrators at extreme distances. But my brother at some point played a few video's we shot on my PC on his screen, and suddenly he could see infiltrators at 200+m. Simply having a big, good screen can help your game a mile and a half.

Edit:
    Didn't you already post this Iridar? I thought I had made a comment on it.
  7. Iridar51

I posted it in gameplay discussion as well, this is where you commented it :)

I have a 23.6 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution, not sure if that's considered big nowadays or not. I sort of pride myself on being able to find and kill cloaked infiltrators, but it's not really about seeing the cloak, it's about knowing where to look for the cloak.

There are many clues that infiltrators leave: voice, tracers, muzzle flashes, minimap blimps, shot sounds (even suppressed shots can be heard), cloak sounds most of all. All of that gives a rough idea where an infiltrator is, and if you know where to look for seeing a cloaked infil is much easier.

That said, cloaked infiltrators are super hard to see on Indar sand, for example, or anywhere against the light, and Infiltrators are visible at all around within 40-50m.

After that it comes down to predicting his movement/position, and tracking cloak shimmers when infiltrator gets shot.