[Suggestion] Magrider needs some attention

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Mar 6, 2015.

1. vanu123

Again, the magrider is the lowest performing weapon with your own stats.
  2. vanu123

Most of what you linked the magrider is either tied or below either the Prowler or Vanguard.
  3. vanu123

So even when I show you proof with stats its somehow not valid, try again.
  4. Ronin Oni

I can't be the only VS happy the PPA got nerfed and the OP-factioners have moved on.

I don't want them back. I'd rather use UP hardware than have those losers back on our faction.
    • Up x 1
  5. ColonelChingles

It's just that the stats you used are the wrong stats.

For example, I could say that the Prowler is UP because of statistics about habitat loss in rainforests. But my statistics have nothing to do with how effective Prowlers are, and hence even though my argument has statistics in them it's not a valid argument.

In the same way, using total kill statistics is irrelevant to MBT AV effectiveness. Your statistics were meaningless, because they had nothing to do with the statement that you were trying to prove.

In order to prove something with statistics, the statement you make needs to be backed up by the statistics you use. You failed to achieve that (mostly because the statistics that would actually be relevant to your statement disprove your statement).
    • Up x 2
  6. Jake the Dog

You should of seen what beta-early release was like, it was me and 10 other NC trying to fight off the VS at the Northern Weigh Station. At that point in time the NC was the most underpowered faction in the game, stuck though it and it was a blast sticking it to the other factions with UP weapons.
  7. Jake the Dog

Hes rather ignorant and completely ignoring people who actually use and fight against these vehicles...

Sooo yeah... can we just necro this thread...

How bout dem' liberators?
  8. Ronin Oni

What faction was that? Because I played through all of beta.

Emerald consists of a number of servers with different experiences leading up to it.

Magriders were OP as hell with the spider climb way back when, but that was pretty short lived.

Also, it was only OP in the support fire barrage it allowed them into bases, not as much in tank combat really.

I was TR mostly then and up until shortly after Striker launch and a bit after Jaeger/Waterson merge, TR hit critical mass and was 35-40% at all times.
  9. vanu123

There is no such thing as a right or wrong stat. I provided stats that support me and so far there are no other stats to the contrary.
  10. vanu123

No, magriders need a buff.
  11. vanu123

With old scat maxes and the original IWINSHIELD? NC were far from UP.
  12. vanu123

I'd rather have decent weapons than UP weapons.
  13. ColonelChingles

Again, this is what is incorrect about trying to use total kill stats to support a statement about MBT AV effectiveness:

1) Total kill stats are mainly a measure of anti-infantry effectiveness. They do not tell you actually when a vehicle has died... only if the operator has. This means that you cannot draw any conclusions about AV effectiveness from a total kill count.

2) Total kill stats do not take into account population imbalances, where there simply might be more AP tanks of one type than another type. VS are the least populated and have the least number of tankers, so therefore they will also have the least total kills as a function of their lower overall population.

3) Total kill stats do not take into account usage time differences, where there simply might be more usage of AP tanks of one type than another type. It doesn't look at if a VS player used a tank for an hour or for a day.

This is why you cannot use the statistic that you cite as evidence of your claim. It absolutely does not support your statement, because that statistic measures the wrong thing.

The right statistic is to look at the Average Vehicle Kill Per Hour statistic, which does control for population imbalances and playtime. That is the correct one to use, not the total kill statistic. And by that measure, the Magrider is solidly in the middle, while the Prowler is the most effective and the Vanguard is the least effective.

14. Marsali

Guys he is a troll. It doesn't matter what evidence you provide the troll will continue to troll because that is what trolls do.
    • Up x 2
  15. Mxiter

Obviously yes.

Let this thread dies with all VS trolls & bads.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jake the Dog

... Yeah and the constant 6-10% world pop, the other factions had **** just just as cheesy, but that was all the NC had going for it.
  17. Jake the Dog

Waterson (now merged with emerald), Im talking NC, it was pretty bad especially on esamir which was not a popular continent at the time, (I loved it, and still do).
  18. Ronin Oni

o_O

After TR had a huge migration away from Waterson post Jaeger/Waterson merge (3 months after merge or so?) it was a more NC server, though TR and NC were often close, and VS were underpopped as hell.

I miss Jaeger. Jaeger server best server.
    • Up x 1
  19. Calisai

Honestly, I'm fine with it as well. I had always thought that there should have been a balance between the ground vehicles. Harasser & Sunderers being mostly AA/AI and MBTs and Lightnings being AV. One hunts and supports the other. This swiss-army knife type style of having every weapon on every platform was always a bad choice in my opinion... a choice that's long since been made.. All well.
  20. vanu123

Get over yourselves, I linked stats to prove my case and so far there have been no stats to the contrary.