VS weapon selection/arsenal need major buff/balance pass. 85% of VS arsenal selection is inferior

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Mxiter

It looks like VS want 30% longer reloads and 12.5% higher horizontal recoil.
  2. asmodraxus

Didn't someone say that the VS only use OP weapons?

So how many times have you been killed by a VS LMG that wasn't an Orion? Or an AR that wasn't HV45, Carbine that isn't a serpent or VX6-7?

How many times have you died to a Corvus or the like?

As if it isn't in use then its not OP, if its not OP then is it UP, and seeing as those OP weapons are actually relatively balanced then I'd go with the UP level?
    • Up x 2
  3. Ballto21

Like i said. it is very mildly decent at cover peeking.

However if the orion is overpowered because of 0.75 ADS then the following list of weapons are overpowered aswell.
    Eridani SX5
    Sirius SX12
    Every shotgun
    Jackhammer
    NS7-PDW
    MKV
    Hailstorm
    Armistice
    Cyclone
    Blitz
    NS-1fm
    All sidearms

Hipfire is also overpowered as youre moving at 100% move speed.

The difference is so minimal you may as well not even count it 80% of the time. As i said i pity you if you have trouble hitting 0.75 ADS people and have to fight someone whos using an SMG.

Fun fact: The Eridani (VS gen 1 SMG) has the same DPS as the orion.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Hmm, yes.

Out of all 22 Assault rifles the VS ones rank #3, #4, #13, #14, #15 and #22 in min. horizontal recoil, #2, #3, #12, #13, #14, #15, and #22 in max. horizontal recoil, and #7, #12, #13, #14, #16, #17 and #19 for horizontal tolerance.

Sure seems we have an advantage there.

Out of all 22 Carbines the VS ones rank #2, #7, #14, #15, #20, #21, #22 in min. horizontal recoil, #2, #5, #14, #15, #18, #20, and #21 in max horizontal recoil, and #2, #5, #11, #12, #19, #21 and #22 for horizontal tolerance.

Again... not seeing how you think VS AR/Carbines have amazing horizontal recoil stats.
  5. MikeyGeeMan

That's why the Orion is the best performing lmg in the game. Part of it is the .75 and your understating its benefit. None of the weapons you stated except the shottys and pistols are default weapons.

When you say the ENTIRE faction gets an ads buff on their lmg, that sir is a substantial benefit and should not be minimalized.
    • Up x 2
  6. ShineOut

Why does everyone hate tell the pulsar? I love the gun, it was my first auraxium ever. The rate of fire makes it feel like I'm mowing through my enemies.
  7. Mxiter

Horizotal recoil comparison without taking care of damage tier?
  8. Ballto21

The orion is the best preforming LMG in the game because it is the most used. Whenever im not on my VS i can count on one hand every game session i am killed by a VS HA by something thats not the orion or beetlejuice.

However i see EM6s, EM1s, SAWS, GD 22, Anchors, CARVs, MSW-Rs, Rhinos, and everything inbetween. If the orion wasnt used so often it would be on par with the CARV statistics wise.

NS7 PDW comes free (i think, been awhile)

If the Orion is more overpowered than the NS-1FM because its free, then by this same logic you must admit the Repeater is the best pistol in the game because its free and does the same damage as the underboss
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

Really?

Ok fine, here it is again broken down between 167 damage weapons and 143 damage weapons since you somehow can't be bothered to look for yourself here.

Pulsar C: #4 out of 8 for min. horizontal recoil, #3 for out of 8 max. horizontal recoil, and #2 out of 8 for horizontal tolerance.
    Corvus: #5 out of 5 for min. horizontal recoil, #2 out of 5 for max. horizontal recoil, and #5 out of 5 for horizontal tolerance. Also has the lowest DPS of any AR in the game.

143 damage tier:

For AR's it's #1, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #14 out of 14 for min. horizontal recoil, #1, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #14 out of 14 for max. horizontal recoil, and #2, #5, #6, #8, #9, #11 out of 14 for horizontal tolerance. The gun that scored really high? Yeah that's the burst which is #9 out of 14 for FSRM so utterly useless.

For Carbines it's #1, #5, #6, #11, #12, #13 out of 13 for min. horizontal recoil, #1, #5, #6, #9, #10, #11, #12 out of 13 for min. horizontal recoil, and #1, #4, #5, #10, #12, #13 out of 13 for horizontal tolerance. Again though, that #1 spot went to our burst gun which ranks #10 out of 13 for FSRM so again utterly useless.

So yes, that myth about VS guns being super accurate? It's a myth.
    • Up x 2
  10. Scorponok

so giving VS either 0.75 on all their weapons or/and much faster reload would help as faction trait?
  11. Ballto21

0.75 ads isnt that big of a benefit but yeah, sure.

i think changing it so vs has no long reloads, only short would be functionally and thematically useful. It doesnt take you loger to change your TV remote batteries because theyre completely drained.
  12. Mystogan

Honestly, VS weapons do not need super revamp etc. Just number tweaks, nothing more. For example Ursa buff to 577, Flare stats even up with Gauss SAW S, Corvus go 550-577 rpm, Solistice go 730 rpm etc. Some could use 5 more rounds in mag.

No need to some new super faction trait. There is no time for that now- I am well aware of that, which is shame, but fact. There wil be no new faction trait overall.

However, simple numbers tweak on weapons is not a hard job to do. VS weapons just need to be viable and not being inferior to use.

Someone just need to sit down, tweak numbers, push them to PTS, get feedback, tweak once/twice, feedback, pass to Live- voila! VS arsenal fixed. Creating new content is long work. But nobody will tell me that simple number tweak is a lot of work. I work in gaming industry and I know that it can be done very fast and smooth.

But for some reason it wasn't done till now. I hope it can change.

Zenith for example would be perfect VS weapon, great all-rounder, not best at range, not best at CQC- if not for this stupid horizontal recoil, low velocty and no ammo attachment. It is child of Jag and Solistice (well, could be...) but for some reason old devs were afraid of giving VS something that works good so they nerfed it.... And so VS yet again got weapon that works...quite well at most....
    • Up x 3
  13. Mootar

.75 ads is a huge advantage, probably the biggest deciding factor in a 1v1 after aim with the adadada spam and mlg crouch meta.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded.
    • Up x 5
  14. LodeTria

You can make it 150 with extended mags. You only have to reload once unless you're using ammo belt.
  15. sustainedfire

Msrw is TR nerfed Orion, the VS starter lmg. We have to pay for what vs all start off using free.

VS have do not have it so bad.....

No bullet drop is a great trait. Accuracy and simple point and click at range with no needing to factor in bullet drop? Makes it pretty simple to take down fleeing targets.
  16. Jovisfulmina

MSR-W has Soft Point ammo, Orion does not.
    MSR-W has Adv.Laser Sights, Orion does not.
    Orion traded those to get the 0.75 ADS. Everything else is roughly the same.
    Perhaps you should play the ******* game instead instead of showing publicly your massive ignorance.
    If you want so much the no-bullet drop I would gladly give you my Solstice, and then proceed to kill you with my NS-11C at any range you want.
    But serisously, people who never reached br100 shouldn't even post about game balance, even less about balancing a faction they know nothing about. I'm not even talking about personnal skill, just play the game and get some experience.
  17. Scorponok

ermm bulletdrop is a waste of a trait...most fighting happens well within the ranges of bullet drop having any effects there.I say Give all VS weapons 0.75 ads and faster reload/larger clips
  18. Mongychops

Eh, that would be a bit OP, however, there are several things that could easily be done to increase diversity:

• Better ADS moving accuracy for some weapons 0.35 or even 0.30
    • Intermediate ADS move speed eg 0.6x
    • Different magazine sizes, not rounded to the nearest 5, eg 32x143, 28x167
    • Weapons with fire modes of different damage tiers. eg a slow firing 167 damage fire mode, and a rapid fire 143 damage fire mode.
    • More intermediate rates of fire, eg 143x676, or even a 167x600 weapon.
    • More intermediate weapon weapon damage tiers eg 155 with 20m max damage range.
    • Heat weapon with limited ammunition (drawn from a total ammunition pool).
    • CQC weapons with a pistol speed equip time for high speed gameplay.
    • Weapons with integrated suppressor and bonuses to offset the downsides, like greater damage per magazine (like the MKV suppressed).
    Those are just a few examples.
  19. iSpank

Not really, most engagements are fought in close to mid ranges, no bullet drop makes negligible difference unless you are a sniper taking out targets from long ranges.
  20. 0ccultist

I actually was kinda happy with NS carbine, I dunno why (no) bullet drop is such a big deal. I think velocity is much more usefull. Something wrong with you, if you are trying to shoot a guy from a kilometer range using cqc weapon anyways.

I think VS could use some love, but again, I need bug fixes, perfromance and good content. All I see now - revolvers that are better than primary weapons, '1 shot' knives, weird implants, aircrafts that instead of being high mobile artillery just freezes above and farm infantry while their counters can't destroy or even damage them 1 on 1, hossin, where you can't find a damn entrance to the base and useless MAX abilities. <- That fits PS2 slogan: ''massive combat on epic scale'', - ''very well''. Don't forget 8 fps and 500 ping of course.
    • Up x 2