Why do most PS2 players lack a sense of humour??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Ianneman

Seriously, at least every online game has some kind of active chat, with banter, jokes, fun, whatever.

PS2's chat is like... dead. People react angrily to little jokes, they even report for it, or just ignore it and keep playing like drones.

Why is this? I love PS2, but I've never encountered such a rigid kind of playerbase. Where's the fun?
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

EU players don't talk.
    • Up x 1
  3. jiggu

EU players are pissy about the current state of Europe.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goldmonk

Emerald players have great senses of humor. Hell, I got a squad together and we ran suicide flashes and had tons of fun. Come over to Emerald, child. See that our ways are good.
    • Up x 1
  5. Klypto

What server?
  6. Ribero

Planetmans is srs bsns.
  7. braytz

if you wanth to chat, go to facebook.
  8. Ianneman

Miller

If you want to be boring, go live in a convent.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pfundi

Yeah, its europe. So pissed germans who are annoyed by well... everything, Britains and French who feel insulted when you only look at them and such. You know. Its Europe!
    I better warn: sarcasm ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. Goldmonk

Come play on a 'Murican server where we all talk about bacon, burgers, guns, and MUH FREEDOMS!!!
  11. Pfundi

I play on Emerald sometimes. No real conversations going on... so, Emerald isnt in the US :eek:
  12. MahouFairy

Connery TR are a fun bunch! ^^
    • Up x 1
  13. Pfundi

Well, Emerald has 150 ping. Connery 300ms. So sorry, not manageable.
  14. JKomm

I always try to stir up a fun conversation in the chat... usually someone from another faction will quickly turn it into an argument... the game gets too serious for some people, hell I think there are BR100s that have not even used the chat once.
    • Up x 1
  15. ZZYZX

I goof off more than I play seriously. I did this **** in real life...I don't need to pretend to be Platoon Sergeant in space and be serious all the time over pewpew lazorz.
  16. Xind

Emerald has a nice mix of fun loving people and raging try hards.

I would say NC has the best assortment of personality types. People really get into the "Muh Freedoms" portion of it much more than TR get into "Mah Facism" ...which is sad because I really wish more TR did. :(
    • Up x 1
  17. starlinvf

For the US servers, if crappy people are online (which usually happens during primetime), people end up avoiding chat due to general hostility. Not because they are sensitive snowflakes, but because a technological lack of stabbing people in the face over the internet when warranted.

If you trigger the idiots, it opens a black hole of stupidity.... sucking in all sanity, humor and gameplay focus, while it spews out inane, idiotic streams of arguments, accusations, complaints and non-sense with such a high potency, that it can actually slow an entire battle. And the more insistent the idiots, the faster it decays.

Theres a reason very few people use command chat on most servers..... the only 100 certs you will ALWAYS regret spending. :p
    • Up x 1
  18. braytz

when i play i wanth to see ammo/medic requests,orders, outfit organization and so on.

it's very annoying when you are trying to do your best with your team and all your allies in the hex, and a *** is spamming all over the chat with childish comments, 2/10 jokes , and general ****posting.

if for you is boring to play this game, and want to chat spam , this game is not for you.

there are many mmorpg where you can chat in the city,showing your pets and similar s.
  19. Goldmonk

You'll see me all the time in yell chat popping jokes. If you don't you'll go insane and start making crazy OP and UP threads in the forums.
    Yes there is a difference: Crazy ones are made by tryhards and noobs who get killed by either a certain weapon or faction so much their tears look like Niagara Falls. They feel their thread will actually make a difference. A good thread is done by someone who is sane, has done their research, and is a halfway decent player. They know their thread will do diddly squat, but they post anyway.
  20. DirArtillerySupport

..because...certs are SERIOUS.