now that the anti terrans are gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Feb 20, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

Now that the shop has been cleared of tr haters, cough cough higby lets do something to get the pops back up.

Unnerf the following items and people will cone.

Give us back the old t1 striker. Air lock on tank lockons and nondumbfire.
    Unnerf the banshee
    Unnerf the Lync.

I paid 10 bucks for each item and got screwed by higby, reconcile this. I am sure others feel the same as me.

Its obvious these changes were made because if the personalities of the tr.

And for the love of god get some community based faction leaders.

Totalbiscuit come home the tr need your leadership. We are a shell of our former selves and now that the hair and the pierced one are gone you can save us.

You can say what you want about the Brit, but he brought a super swell of new faces to the game and it needs to happen again.
    • Up x 2
  2. Xind

Banshee doesn't need to be changed. If anything LPPA and AirHammer need some nerfs.

The original Striker was too good, but the current one needs a lot more oomph. It's a shame that such a fun weapon is so mediocre. Personally, think it need significantly tighter spread, possibly no spread increase when dumping the mag. And Higher projectile velocity and reload speed and possibly a longer range for the coyote lock on effect. I'd be dubious about adding damage or refire rate and I'm not sure about Coyotes locking ground...but if it got the above changes I think it would be a helluva lot better.

Some people seem to really like the Lynx as it is, it's not a _bad_ weapon. Just not really my cup of tea, though.
    • Up x 7
  3. sustainedfire

The banshee is terrible now- anti infantry that requires pinpoint accuracy on a platform that requires constant movement to stay alive? Might as well use the default nosegun, at least you could contend with other targets.

Even worse, the Valkyrie CAS is better than the Banshee!
    • Up x 1
  4. Xind

I really don't see why air based anti-infantry should be easy, considering the struggle infantry go through to kill even a single aircraft. Not to mention this is only ONE of your TWO possible weapon load outs.

Woot? Defacto Valkyrie buff...sort...of? (Valk needs a lot of help...a lot of help.)
    • Up x 5
  5. TheBlindFreak

You think the Higluminati will stop just because he left? It will never end! Your pathetic TR weapons will only continue to be nerfed into the ground!

But seriously, take off your tinfoil hat. There was no conspiracy. Just look at our scatmaxes. We got 3 consecutive nerfs to those shotguns. The phoenix was nerfed after a week (See: Stiker and ZOE lasting for months). The Canister Modified (nuff said). Vanguard is still underperforming. Reaver has twice the surface area of other ESFs from front and side. Bright yellow on all of our armor. And most of our infantry weapons were under performing up until PU2. I think people just whine about the NC because we don't have anything right now that's blatantly garbage. So by "grass is greener" syndrome, that must mean that we are OP.
    • Up x 16
  6. DrPapaPenguin

Actually I love the current striker, leave it be.
    • Up x 1
  7. MikeyGeeMan

I don't care about your scat maxes or your weapons. Its fallcious argument to divert from the issue raised in the thread

Fact is tr had continual nerfs because the other factions can't effectively use their weapons.

Tr players have realized that higby wanted to crush us into the ground based on our leaders.

Stop the insanity. Give us our weapons back.

We have taken it up the wazoo for much too long and need to be able to compete with the other factions.

Other factions will say its balanced but that's because they are killing us in record numbers now.

We were declawed and want our claws back.
    • Up x 2
  8. z1967

-New striker was a result of the idea that a ground based Coyote-style launcher would be cool and ES. It was both of those, but its AT and AA abilities dropped in exchange for some usable AI and Anti-MAX abilities.
    -New Lynx has the theoretical fastest TTK on headshots for CQC automatics. This gives it a higher skill ceiling effectiveness than the GD-7F and Serpent. I personally like the new Lynx, although I feel further tweaks could be done to focus on its major headshot killing strengths.
    -Banshee was OP as ****. It was a willy nilly point and killy mounted on the fastest and most agile vehicle in the game. It could one mag MAXes and killed infantry almost instantaneously. I am glad it was nerfed, however it was a tad overnerfed if we want to use the LPPA as our effectiveness base weapon (although lolpods may be better for comparisons, idk).

No, the devs have never had some vendetta/agenda to nerf the (faction A) and buff (the factions B and/or C). Its in your head, that kinda stuff doesn't happen.
    • Up x 7
  9. Kloz

This again really? A Vanguard beats any of the other MBT's in a 1vs1 with ease, just because it hasnt been as good at farming infantry over time as the other two MBT's doesn't make it a bad tank. In fact I would argue that being the best "MBT vs MBT" makes the Vanguard a pretty damn good tank, and I dont care about your arguments about "lowest scoring tank" and what ever because this thing is a beast when it comes to fighting enemy armor.

So yeah... "underperforming / lowest scoring tank" all I have to say is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  10. TheBlindFreak

As if that undermines my main point in any way?

Your reading too deep. Also, you're looking at the vanguard from a onesided standpoint. 1v1 tank v tank situations aren't all that there is to the game. The inherent nature of an mmo and the fact that only infantry can cap bases makes the concept of a 1v1 tank scenario as justification for balance a moot point.

And it isn't like the Vanguard thrashes other mbt's with no resistance. The Magrider and Prowler can still hold their own if they play with at least 2 braincells.

But yeah, I was just stating that the Vanguard is underperforming to back up my main statement that NC does not receive special treatment. A simple objective point that is backed up by statistics. Read into it however you like, but don't put words in my mouth.
    • Up x 3
  11. BlueSkies

• Don't you dare touch my Lynx. It is a majestic and beautiful piece of weaponry
    • Striker is... odd. Some love it, some hate it. I personally don't use it anymore.
    • Banshee was stupidly OP before. It does NOT need a buff. What does need to happen is dramatically cut the range of LPPA and nerf the AH vs Air
    • Up x 1
  12. MikeyGeeMan

You sure there wasn't a crush the tr? Like when the team nixed tr representation and decided they could valance things themselves? And higby would continually post to "his" brothers?

Um to say there is or was no bias would be naieve.

Comparatively speaking right now, can you tell me one area the tr are better at than the other factions?

Esf? Nerfed
    Esrl? Nerfed
    Infantry weapons? Every faction can buy a weapon that acts on par with tr

Bit wait we have the sabr13, which was nerfed.

All the nerfs came in faster after we lost our rep. We need representation but hey who needs that because all devs are fair and just.

Balance is one thing, but the only way to get what you deserve is to be vocal.
  13. Demigan

Dear player,

Please note that Higby, despite having been the leader of the bunch that programmed Planetside 2, could not make any game decisions on his own. He could not sit down and say "let's screw over the TR". In fact, he had all the reason to keep the TR, NC and VS equal to eachother: The more equal and engaging the game is, the longer this man had a guarantee he could do unimportant stuff like, you know, eat, pay rent for the roof over his house, pay for the travel expenses to and from work, grab a beer etc.

The fact that Higby was "pro NC" was because all leading developers had to make some kind of standpoint for a faction. This is beneficial so that players can easier identify themselves with a developer and ask questions about it. Perhaps they had more intentions with it but I don't know.
    The fact that you then take this as "but he's Pro-NC, so he won't help my faction" is completely the opposite of what they tried to achieve and simply not true. The TR might be lagging behind on your server, but on other servers they reign supreme or are equal to the rest.

Stop complaining, you got your needed buffs, they have been trying to improve the TR weapons that weren't good so the TR could compete while still being Unique. Just look at the Striker: even though you guys keep complaining about it, they've been tinkering with it for a long, looooong time while other imbalanced or perceived unfair faction differences have been unaltered in the game for ages.

they care, under Higby the TR hasn't been intentionally any worse off than the rest of the factions. Creating an OP faction and playing it isn't fun for anyone, and the developers have to keep their families fed. They aren't going to **** up the game simply because they like one faction. I don't get how players can even think that the developers are intentionally screwing their faction over in any way, but it's simply too far fetched to be true in any way, shape or form.

Now please come off your cloud, TR is not the worst (it's pretty hard to find a "worst" faction any way, TR's Prowler for instance is the best MBT currently), what is bad is being worked on, and the developers weren't against you. Try to give Higby the respect he deserves, he tried to lead a team that was balancing and improving a game while having to take into account all the possible uses of each weapon and mechanic they change.
    • Up x 13
  14. Demigan

This guy needs more likes.
  15. Ronin Oni

That's a lie.

Even the Beamer is better than the CAS.
    • Up x 4
  16. Kloz

Oh I'm sorry I didnt mean to put words in your mouth, I guess what you meant was that Vanguard is a very good tank when you said it was "underperforming". I get confused sometimes.

And I dont agree that the strongest tank in "MBT vs MBT" is a moot point, if by default Vanguards are stronger they will on average win more than they lose to enemy MBT's, which will give the NC an advantage because: no matter how good a prowler / magrider is at killing infantry it doesnt matter if they are dead / cant get into position.

That's all, I dont think there's been any conspiracy or anything like that, but if you're going to bring up weak / average stuff in the NC arsenal then at least leave the Vanguard out of it because anyone who has any experience of tanking knows that the Vanguard is not a bad tank.
    • Up x 2
  17. Demigan

He's not trying to divert attention, he's simply trying to show you how far from the truth you are. Everyone has been nerfed time and again.

You realise that just about every weapon in the game that had an alteration has been nerfed?
    It's not just the TR, try to play the NC and Vanu for once and check the previous buffs/nerfs over the past 2 years. If you do (you probably won't), you would see that all factions have had a ton of nerfs and barely any buffs.

This again? You realise that in a MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) FPS the whole 1v1 doesn't happen that much?
    You realise that a deployed 2/2 Prowler can turn a 2/2 Vanguard into a piece of scrap metal?
    You realise that the Vanguard's live statistics as they stand show that it is only good in MBT vs MBT (and just barely), and is completely behind in combatting Sunderers, Lightnings, Harassers etc? Or all infantry (who happend to have AV as well?)

You already said you don't believe in the whole "low scoring tank", but it just shows that the tank isn't the beast when fighting enemy armor, your argument that it's the best MBT vs MBT, but looking at the same statistics you can see that that's just not true. Besides that, you don't find exclusively MBT's, Esamir even allows only one faction to unlock MBT's outside of the warpgate. You make it look as if the game revolves around MBT fighting, but that's also simply not true.

Basically, quit it. You just say "I think it's a superior tank" but you provide no proof other than that you think it. Then other people show you how the Vanguard is litteraly performing, and you just say "noooooooh that proof might be there but I don't believe it proves anything". Why don't you provide unreproachable proof that the Vanguard is the beast of a tank that you claim it to be?
    • Up x 3
  18. MikeyGeeMan

You make some interesting points. Do you remember which dev was the tr dev? We know luperza was vs, higgy was NC, I can't seem to remember who the tr one was.

As for nerfs, please.

Did Any other faction get their esrl nerfed and completely changed in how it works? no
    Did any other faction receive a Nerf to their esf ai cannon? No
    Did any other faction have their empire heavy weapon nerfed? No

And I'm not talking little changes, we are talking complete overhauls. T1 when I bought it went from lock on launcher with multi rockets doing smaller damage to being only air lock on the getting a dumbfire mode, and then a Nerf against infantry and vehicles

The t7 had its accuracy nerfed then reworked and useless for several months.

And the esfs, saying you have the fastest esd so nerfs are ok is ridiculous.

No the other factions aren't op, the tr had to be contained and they did it.

I understand completely. I don't agree with you but I understand your viewpoint and see why ypu don't think we were nerfed wrongly.
  19. Hatesphere

You want the pre nerf striker back? you're nuts. Not only was it borderline OP is was one of the most boring mechanics (lock on) it was also one of the most skilless. The current striker is a good start that just needs some tweaks.
    • Up x 6
  20. MikeyGeeMan

Ivd pkay
    Good points to mine. I have played all 3 and lets just say, wtf.

Vanu have the headshot guns from hell and as a group magriders are tough to stop. Not to mention the beetlegeuse no ammo needed guns I see.

Then the NC, they have all the tr guns as clones and then have the highest damaging weapons on top of it. Scat maxes on the point are near impossible to move. And comparing maxes the tr got the short end of the stick.

Just saying....i have played the other factions and I play tr because I like the people I am playing with. But as the supposed professional military, we need a lift.
    • Up x 3