Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Medora

I am Medora the leader of [AZON]

Just want say too "Matthew Higby" THANK YOU for a fantastic game

l love it and if was not for your forward thinking it would not be the game it is now.

I have been playing for years and will continue playing. THANK YOU

(yes there been problems and still are this not the time and place to start talking about them)
  2. Crator

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe...ny-update.11500068779/page-4#post-11500354016

3. Kumaro

I got to give it to you it caught my attention. But that is all it did.
    Now impress me and don't F it up this time. And i might jump back in like many others might if you can offer the right deal.
    • Up x 1
  4. vipertail87

I am sure that CN bought SOE because they are expecting EverquestNext revenue to be similar to world of warcraft with 1.2 billion annual revenue. EA bet on the same horse with Starwars. They are investors. Gamblers. They are taking the huge everquest next gamble. It looks very promising and with proper funding of a funding company like CN EverquestNext can turn into a Billion Dollar cashcow. And thats the sole reason why they even dared to invest into SOE.
  5. Nikushimi

Probably not for a wile, odds are they have a exclusivity contract (change of ownership would not invalidate such a contract). So you might have to wait until said contract expires. Assuming "daybreak" has not been intentionally ran into the dirt by then (standard practice for most Investment group acquisition's)
  6. Timothy Pearson

yeah yeah "only time will tell"...What you're really thinking, "holy shi t-nuts Planetside 2 is dead and i'm sad now"
  7. Sally

What u mean guys by saying Planetside 2 is dead? We will not be able to play it anymore? Cant understand whats going on.. sorry..
    • Up x 1
  8. LittlePurpleFish

Well, I find it interesting they are now called Daybreak, guess the new owners are aware every Day they Break something ;)
    • Up x 2
  9. Sally

Atm I got a problem with planetside2. I cant run it, like there where u need to push play, that all page is blank, like all black... Any ideas whats wrong with it?
    Thank you
  10. Sally

Wrong place sorry..
    • Up x 1
  11. Sahmjael

me tooo...... just waiting
  12. Asymmetrical

The worst part is, they hold an uncanny resemblance to Mitt Romney...
    • Up x 1
  13. meetjack

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY ;)

14. drstrange2014

People really should do some research on Renova. Columbus Nova is a front company for Renova and they are basically Russian gangsters. Recent court decisions relating to Renova's fondness for using mercenaries with AK47's is of particular interest. Dey Break Games can bet that some people are going to be watching their accounting practices very carefully in the next year or so.
    • Up x 2
  15. HydeAut

You mean, someone might have thought that it would be a good idea to buy a well reputated company which sells non-material software-products to worldwide private customers to wash some money? C´mon now, who shall believe that?

On the other hand though, that fiction probably would be better for the game than an investor just looking to milk it dry ;)
    • Up x 1
  16. xxx-reaper

This means that we can look forward to possible investments in higher quality dedicated servers for supporting greater numbers of people and more objects.
    • Up x 1
  17. CrazyCanadian24

What I'm excited about: no more corporate red tape holding the devs back, courtesy of Sony.

What I'm worried about: extensive multi-platform support will spread development thin, increasing focus on making a good port and decreasing focus on making the game better overall.

Conclusion: this has the potential to go very well or very poorly. Don't hold your breath.
    • Up x 1
  18. Colonelveers12

I want my banning game back :'(
    • Up x 1
  19. OhBamaBinBombin

While I have a bad feeling about an investment company taking over, it is important that people vote with their dollars! They are an investment firm, if they make a negative change and profits go down, investors are not going to be very happy. If service is improving then by all means show appreciation so investors are happy to continue.

When it comes down to it, any company is seeking profits. Sony I think could benefit from selling PlayStations once the game got ported over, so they killed 2 birds with one stone.... They had membership income, then much of the work already done to port over for PlayStation which could bring in revenue from loyal PC gamers in addition to game sales.
    • Up x 1
  20. Knightingale

So in other words, more resources but most of it will be put towards other platforms. Making even less for PS2.
    • Up x 1