So long Higby.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Hicksimus

This doesn't look like all the devs getting let go.....this looks like the people in charge being forced to accept the reality that PS2 hasn't been a success in anything but the short-term. Only time will tell which direction things go from here. I hope the overlords see value in what Planetside actually is and understand that this MMOBF3 clone doesn't represent what a modern Planetside game could actually achieve.
  2. Xasapis

Things don't bode well for this game, if no plans were made to replace those that are laid off. Makes you wonder if the game is now dead in the water and basically abandonware.
  3. DrPapaPenguin

No one left to say "no" to NC nerfs now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pfundi

No one needs nerfs, buff the TR!
    • Up x 1
  5. KnightCole

Hmm, so, the head PS2 dev quits, wonder where this game goes from here...now I might have to go back to trolling the forums to find out. For better or for worse? hmm..
  6. Daf

So again we hear important information, about the game and staff second hand from Reddit........

Best of luck MH, shame you never told us here first, the official forum always last to know.:(
    • Up x 1
  7. Elrohur

Not like the game was going anywhere anyway.
    Job half done (resource revamp), perpetual UP and nerf and up and nerf etc..

We'll see what happens next but we're not losing much here.
    And I'd rather have anonymous developers working on the game than ones who spent too much time communicating about all and nothing.
    • Up x 1
  8. NoctD

They could start by updating the roadmap!
  9. Pirbi

"I feel like Alderaan just blew up" - Tray. And he said that before this. Dude has the force.
  10. Linedan

It is somewhat appropriate given past history that Higby announced his departure on Reddit and not on the game's official community forums. Pretty much sums up the channels of communications that the dev team have preferred the past two years.

That having been said, I do hate to see Higby go because his passion for the game was clearly evident. Good luck, Matt, hope your drop pod has a safe landing and may it not be camped by a Magrider.
  11. Covah

That's one less NC to deal with.

I will miss his hair.

He was invested in PS2 and i give him credit for that ! Good luck for your next job.
  12. Pootisman

Ha! Daybreak fired everyone who didnt use the forums! AFAIK only Hoffman and RadarX used the forums and they kept their jobs.
    • Up x 5
  13. Pfundi

Only he could tell the solution! He is the chosen one!
  14. HappyStuffin

Does anyone really buy this crap that Higby cares? Has he not heard the cries of the community for various changes? Meanwhile ignoring all those changes and implementing his own crazy ideas that were never asked for?

Ya, so long, so sad. Don't trip on your way out.

I hope Daybreak brings in better and less apathetic talent than Higby who will actually listen.
    • Up x 4
  15. battlegoose

You guys should all just quit. When you want to restructure, you fire management, not developers. They fired Higby (management), ok, but they fired tons of developers. You only do that when you are shutting down a project.

The game is dead, say good bye and move on.
    • Up x 1
  16. battlegoose

Luckily Star Citizen is getting closer to a reality and there are other rising shooters for the PC. CS:GO is getting better everyday.

Even better because the meta game (competitive scene) is getting more drama each day. It's like a PC gamer's daytime soap opera. :)
    • Up x 2
  17. Turiel =RL=

The good news are: No more patches, no more nerfs and at least the game runs rather stable at the moment. The biggest issue seems to be that they probably cut down the server-resources also. PS1 survived in a similar state for like 8 years.
  18. Hosp

We'll miss thee Higby. Always remember, you're still [PG] even if you did play for easy-mode toward the end.
  19. JustBoo

There you have it. In MBA speak this is called "Running Lean." It is a Management Fantasy where they milk an enterprise to death and then rationalize it as good business practice. Peoples lives and welfare are just collateral damage. No big deal.

"Managers" who do this surround themselves with sycophants (butt-kissers) who validate this bull-crap and tell the so-called Boss; "Well if those lazy employees didn't want to end up like this (unemployed) they should have gotten an MBA too! They deserved it Boss!" As they go down on their knees to service the "Boss." Ding.
  20. Archiadus

The following is my personal opinion on the matter which may or may not be factual depending on who you might ask, it is in no way meant to disrespect or discredit any and all of the mentioned parties.

Based on the lack of any message on the official forums it seems to me that Higby's shown preference for his Reddit followers up until the very end, leaving us in the dark one final time. If it weren't for the kind players re-posting the messages that got posted at Twitter / Reddit on here we, the players that follow the official forums, wouldn't know anything about the things that were planned / got added or changed in the game. I honestly can't say that I'll miss a person that has given us the silent treatment all this time and then didn't even bother to say goodbye.
    • Up x 8