my MAX suddenly rush forward at fast speed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Feb 5, 2015.

1. zhengy4

I accidently pressed a key and my MAX rushed forward at a really fast speed.... which key is it for anyways?
  2. ColonelChingles

It is probably the "F" key, which activates the "Charge" ability.
    • Up x 4
  3. McMan

every infantry class (except LA), vehicle and plane has a potential ability on the "F" key ;)

Also you made me laugh and reminded me when I was new to the game :)
    • Up x 2
  4. PurpleOtter

Even better when you're on a tower landing pad providing AAA support and you suddenly find yourself doing the Wiley E Coyote dance in mid air just before you plummet to ground!
    • Up x 5
  5. FateJH

Here's a tip. If you accidentally charge in a place where it would be bad for you, immediately fire your weapons rather than darting around wildly to try and avoid running somewhere that would be bad. You need to repress the fire button (still holding it down won't work). This may not reset the Charge cooldown that you will suffer, but it will stop your Charge prematurely.
  6. Xasapis

Ah, the joys of being new to the game :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Special_K

Was it anything like this? ***NSFW*** Mild Language ***NSFW***
  8. GhostAvatar

Ahhh, the woes of a lockdown MAX that forgot to equip lockdown.
    • Up x 2
  9. hostilechild

Remapped my key since standing on edge of cliff or pad and hit reload(r) but hit F instead. Only took once. Or thinking had shield but had charge -- DOH.

Bash with max also stops charge besides shooting. The look on an enemy infantry face as a NC MAX charges from tickle range to Oh **** range is Priceless.
  10. battlegoose

Before they changed the momentum physics, you used to be able to use the MAX Charge to hop over fences and small base walls. It was one of my favorite tricks in the game to do to LA's. They think they'd gotten away and then....smack, melee to the face.
  11. zhengy4

I pressed F again but nothing happened..... weird....
    and yes, I did plummeted to ground due to this stupid "charge"
  12. DashRendar

The Charge ability has a cooldown, 45s by default. You can lower that cooldown time to 30s.
  13. zhengy4

I pressed it ever since I became a MAX, nothing happened.....waited 1 min, still nothing. do you have to unlock this as an ability? the last time was really really weird.
  14. JonboyX

Two instances that I can think of

1) Your "Charge" ability comes on a (roughly?) 60 second timer. You can use it to benefit from a quick sprint, but then you have to wait for it to recharge before using it again. There's an ability icon near the bottom of your HUD with a small circle that 'grows' like a speedometer as it recharges.

If you want to investigate the ability slot, go to your character screen, weapons loadout, then on the max screen near the bottom right is an "ability" slot (with charge in it). Click on it to see your alternatives, and also to invest more certs in reducing that timer. If you're new, I would suggest that this can wait as you'll have better things to spend certs on (e.g. scopes, grips, compensators and ammo types).

2) You just pressed W and the server lagged ;)
    This isn't likely to be the case, but the EU servers are atrocious at present so do expect some weird stuff
  15. NoctD

NC version - press F, and charge right into incoming fire, while you forgot to equip your shield.
    • Up x 1
  16. Leftconsin

Yeah, but you are still an NC MAX. Just shoot the people you ran into with the shotguns up close and you still win.
    • Up x 1
  17. CapperDeluxe

VS version - press F, and lose immediately because ZOE is the worst , most useless ability in the game!

Alternate VS version - press F, and charge as intended, because you'd never equip ZOE anyway!
    • Up x 1
  18. NoctD

I have to wonder - am I the only person that runs Ammo Storage as a Burster MAX? No charging off cliffs/landing decks/etc this way. It seems like almost no one bothers to use Ammo Storage on a MAX though... granted I only have it on my TR main, as I didn't have the certs to throw away elsewhere.
  19. DrPapaPenguin

Did you say "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my fist?"
    • Up x 2