resigned to just defending bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Feb 9, 2015.

1. gunnner10

Rant - After todays session which involved getting heavily out-populated every time my platoon made a push, Im just focusing on redeploying around the map to defend bases. more fun that way
  2. Prudentia

ofcourse it is.
    attacks die the second your sundy dies, defends only end when you get a sudden pop spike and kill their sundy.
    also no one wants to sit in vehicles to approach a position. in no game ever... i can't even get people to drive in my vehicle for 5 minutes in ARMA3 of all the collections of casual gamers, so don't even bother in PS2 with the 30s drive times.
  3. LibertyRevolution

I agree, I defend if I have the choice. I will switch maps if I can't find a defense on the map im on.
    If I can't find a defense at all, then and only then will I attack, but I will only attack solo, if I bring numbers they drop 2 platoons on me..

I try and leave attacking to the zergs and noobs, the ones that need to sit around for 4 mins to make 250XP from a cap.
  4. Tommyp2006

Considering that territory doesn't matter, and it's usually easier and more convenient to fight as the defender, there's very little reason to actually attack in this game.
  5. andy_m

Without a doubt, I prefer to defend than to attack. I've joined the odd attacking Zerg here and there and it can be pretty damn boring. And if the pop is even, I just die too much when attacking. I always look around for what I feel is a suitable fight for my skill level...
  6. ronjahn

On another note, Emerald NC, please stop counter attacking bases you just lost immediately after loosing them when their population is 96+ with 75% or more of the population.

No other faction does this from my experience. It's as if Emerald NC can't figure out when a fight has been lost. They will almost always still set up that solitary last ditch effort sundy and uselessly continue to attack, instead of doing what the rest of the community does and redeploy hopping to the next useful base or letting the enemy come to them.
  7. repairtool6

This is just so sad :/ No personal attack OP I respect your view, but this is the most heartbreaking thing to hear about this game