Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. LaSeRCyBoRg

Nope!
    As their name implies: First, they will take a multi DayBreak...........................................
    And then they will come back just to say "This is a good Day2Break the rest of it"
    • Up x 1
  2. Orakel

I guess both PS2 EU server will be closed then...since no1 cares about poor connection and heavy lag spikes since 4 days ^^
  3. Selerox

The day venture capitalists care about consumers is the day Satan ice skates to work.
    • Up x 7
  4. Yago

Hahah, that make me laugh :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Rogueghost

Extremely important question, Station Cash.

Will my saved question cash still be valid or do I need to go on a spending spree right now.
    • Up x 3
  6. LibertyRevolution

The more I think about this, the more I hope they make it pay2win, I want a OHK lockon that kills any vehicle and costs $0.25.

I would also like a helmet that blocks headshots damage, will pay $10 if I can use it on all classes.
    I would also like an ammo type that ignore heavy shields, will pay $5 for it per gun.
    This game would be so easy to monetize...
  7. Yago

Someone already did, an SOE didn't see the incoming! :p
  8. Pirbi

NC WINS! VS and TR will now be forced to fight for bonus checks too!
    • Up x 2
  9. RedEvo

wow you people are so negative its unreal! Get some optimism in your life for the love of god. Investment companies are a good thing and can usually revive companies.

There are 2 options to consider

1: New company invests more money and resources into the game to make it better and attract more players across new platforms - result - we get more new cool stuff and things fixed faster. This also allows the team to work more freely without constraints from their Sony overlords. Investment companies are not dumb, theses are smart people that will assess the current games, profiles users and community and highly highly unlikely in anyway damage the game as its part of their new portfolio.

2: We get more coders and items along with xbox, game maybe becomes a subscription only or gets new items that are more expensive appeal to the wales of the game.

Either way its a win win as we get new developers and resources. Planetside 2 is a profitable game, maybe not as much as they wanted but still profitable aswell as a looking to be susseful h1z1 beta/early access.
    • Up x 2
  10. LibertyRevolution

How so? If SOE no longer exists, blood from a stone, good luck.

If daybreak wanted to, they could wipe all chars, all SC, everything, and make it sub only...
    There is nothing you could do about it, you don't own anything, not even that SC in your account, read the TOS.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised of Briggs and the EU servers get shut down...
  11. LordTankT9

Scratch that, I am fighting for free. You're out of job. ;)
    • Up x 2
  12. VikingKong

Hold me! ヽ༼☯﹏☯༽ノ
    • Up x 4
  13. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

• Up x 5
  14. Yago

It would not be SOE clearly, it would be DayBreak now.

That Eula doesn't work in UK, you could have asked SOE as I already worked with UK DTI and kicked their backsides with the UK law once.
    Under UK law it is not possible to sign away your consumer rights, effectively making a EULA impotent.
    I suspect that is why the move to microtransactions was made, but, online property is treated as physical property in the eyes of the EU law.
    • Up x 1
  15. LibertyRevolution

Oh, I'm sorry you live in some backwards 3rd world country that doesn't recognize contract law..
    You see here in the USA, contracts actually mean something...

I just wouldn't do business with the UK then, maybe daybreak wont either. ;)
    • Up x 3
  16. Joshua1988

After reading some of comment above I see that people have concerns about this game going down hill. If this game becomes "pay to win" then I will something else to play. I like Planetside 2 the way it is and I hope it doesn't change much in term of things that you have to pay money for and the things you can earn with points.

My advice to the company is if you want to increase the profits that you gain from Planetside 2 is to put a retail price on the full game of around $60 US (The price of an average game). Otherwise you will lose the majority of your fan base and this game will be forgotten about. My hope is that it continues to be a FREE TO PLAY:) online game where you don't have to PAY TO WIN:mad: . Also I do like how we have the option of paying cash for cosmetic items such as camo. I realize that a game company needs to make money somehow and I will do what I can to support companies who care about there fans. Just don't try to make money through a "pay to win system" unless you plan on making it affordable for average gamer and even some of the poorer gamers out there that really enjoy this game.

I would gladly pay $60 for a full version of Planetside 2 if the game ceases be a strictly FREE TO PLAY game. If it become PAY TO WIN I will likely stop playing Planetside 2 unless the prices are fair. You shouldn't have to spend more than $1.00 for a weapon upgrade and you should still be able to play just fine without weapon upgrades. I could see charging a little more for cosmetics.

Another way you could do it is buy charging people a $5.00 monthly fee to play the game. I think that would be a fair price to keep the game going.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm sill waiting for PhysX to be a thing again.
    • Up x 2
  17. Yago

Yes that pesky 3rd world legal system is a pain eh? :p :D
    Edit: Didn't the USA law system leave Apple free to brick IPhones if they didn't like what they were used for? :p
    • Up x 2
  18. Degenatron

Obviously, I'm worried about what this means for the game I love.

Unlike what others have said, I will continue to subscribe and make purchases. I want to show that this game, and this company has the support of its fans.

Protip: Use your Station Cash ASAP. No matter what becomes of Daybreak Games (good or bad), you can be certain that Station Cash will be discontinued and at some point, they will no longer accept it. Find something to spend it on. Your US Dollars are already gone, and if you hold onto your SC, you will likely find it unspendable very soon.
    • Up x 3
  19. Bindlestiff

Perhaps now as a 'new' company separated from Sony Smed and the gang can finally come onto their official forums and speak their mind without fear of being held to account for any no nonsense straight talking.
    • Up x 3
  20. Pirbi

:( At least maybe VS will get their tech auctioned off to cover Daybreak's new office Keurig.
    • Up x 1