To every light assault upset about the upcoming C4 changes.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ballto21, Jan 31, 2015.

1. BlueSkies

That depends entirely on how much you like your people/care about them surviving more than 5 minutes. (see: Russian military tactics WW2)

Point being, I have no problem with tanks becoming tankier as long as you can't spam them all day long. With how it sits now, they are probably too strong for how often you can pull them.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ballto21

You make a valid point, the LAs flavor of being basic flying grunt is a bit bland. But as far as i can tell, c4 will still be very effective AI, light assault can still go where no other infantry can, theyre the best flanking class in the game, the best class for squad/platoon leads because jetpacks for hiding spawn beacons. This is not the be all end all neuter of LA, youre just being moved from AV, to AI which is what its designed for. An infiltrator without a cloak and more mobility, if you will. Leaving HA and MAXes for AV, along with engy of course, which is what they were designed for.
  3. Zeppelin123

Hmmm Interesting, I will check that out.
  4. Ballto21

since you can only pull one with full resources to need to wait on a regen i see this as a non issue. and its not like itll change vehicle zergs really, just make them harder to deal with. Even then you still need infantry to do anything useful
  5. Liewec123

i'm fine with the curret c4 damage on tanks, if a tank gets c4ed its their own dam fault they can out run infantry and they should never be that close to the fight.

my issue with c4 comes from a MAX perspective, you can have amazing spacial awareness,
    shoot down all the c4 fairies you like but one will always get you with their OHK cheese seemingly from out of nowhere.

rather than nerfing c4 they should add some base explosive resistance to max, one c4 shouldn't take them down,
    they cost as much as a battle tank.
    Flac / kinetic / repair suit slot should be a choice,
    it shouldn't be 100% mandatory to take flac to survive longer than 1 minute in a close range fight.
  6. Alchemist44

So you're willing to accept some ridiculous things (like reviving dead bodies) and slap "creative justice" tag on them or basically say "because why the f not", but not willing to do the same for an explosive killing a tank? As I see it, this isnt about realism, its about you not liking the idea of C4 fairies (which is okay) and using a poor/inconsistent argument against it.
  7. Arsonix

I'm sorry you're crazy. Exploding a C4 charge near an M24 Chaffe would do a lot more than rattle some bolts. Now in your scenario you talked about no less than placing it on the rear armor. We're talking about .4inches of steel. You would be lucky to find anything left to salvage after that kind of detonation, let alone survivors.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dreez

I totally agree. Heavy tanks dies too easy. Yesterday i was in my Vanguard with its shield up when a Gunship instantly killed me from 100% health+shield... and flew away. According to the pilot he did a "tankbuster", i guess he flew his Gunship into me.... and lived.

Total BS if you ask me. Just like Flash's can run over MAX-units and kill them instantly... a 4wheel scooter running over a heavy mech infantry - killing it.. no way.

I don't want Tanks to be immortal, but i do expect them to be able to handle smallarms fire, and gatlingguns. Many times i've seen a Harrasser run rings around a Heavy Tank and riddle it with a Vulcan... shouldn't happen - the bullets should be bouncing off.
  9. Dreez

All my MAX-setups uses 5/5 Flak armor, 50% reduced damage from explosions, but C4 will still instantly kill me... i call BS on that.
  10. FocusLight

Blatant lies.

You claim that it's possible to deploy C4, get killed, *RESPAWN* then detonate the C4 you deployed.

When you re-spawn you can't detonate the C4 anymore.

Unless ofc you want to tell me they changed this recently, and have the link to the listed changes or even the filmed evidence to prove that?
    • Up x 4
  11. BlueSkies

With max flak on a MAX, 1 brick of C4 will only take you down to half health. So, if you're dying in one go from C4, then there were multiple bricks dropped on you.
    • Up x 2
  12. TheAcidpiss

@Dreez

I totally agree. Heavy tanks dies too easy. Yesterday i was in my Vanguard with its shield up when a Gunship instantly killed me from 100% health+shield... and flew away. According to the pilot he did a "tankbuster", i guess he flew his Gunship into me.... and lived.

Total BS if you ask me. Just like Flash's can run over MAX-units and kill them instantly... a 4wheel scooter running over a heavy mech infantry - killing it.. no way.

I don't want Tanks to be immortal, but i do expect them to be able to handle smallarms fire, and gatlingguns. Many times i've seen a Harrasser run rings around a Heavy Tank and riddle it with a Vulcan... shouldn't happen - the bullets should be bouncing off.

this is totally of topic, we are talking about C4 here.

And being able to sneak up on a tank and place two c4's on an oblivious fool standing still has been the bread and butter of many of these types of games for years now.

And there is a reason for this.
  13. FocusLight

Apparently you have never heard of armor-piercing munitions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor-piercing_shot_and_shell#Small_arms

It's not hard at all to imagine a chain-gun that shoots, say sharpened armor-piercing rounds with cores made out of, I dunno, Tungsten Carbide, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten_carbide or maybe even Depleted Uranium http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium because of the density of those materials, making them excellent for retaining the kinetic energy of a hailstorm of AP rounds fired in rapid succession, especially at exposed parts of vehicles like the engine sections behind a Magrider for instance.

And that's just the stuff we got now, TODAY. Who knows what the TR has come up with in the centuries they have had to perfect their weapons arsenal - for all we know the Vulcan fires rounds tipped with an advanced form of Tungsten Carbide several times as dense and heavy as the version we got today. Maybe they have found some other exotic material to make AP shells from.

Either way, AP rounds is a thing, and armor-piercing munitions are scare stuff even today.

Deal with it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ballto21

There are some things in this game you have to just give creative justice to, same as every game, like respawning for example, and its not me disliking the idea of C4 fairies, its me disliking that you can OHK a 450 nanite tank, with 100 nanites worth of infantry deployables. Its literally wasting the tankers time, and yes while reviving isnt realistic, and for the most part how effective field repairing is, there are some things that need that aspect of realisim. Jumping off cliffs kills you, getting shot in the face hurts, tanks are made of reinforced metal, not maybe aluminum.
  15. Ballto21

Hm, they changed it. A while back, not sure if it was a bug it did work. But after testing it no longer does, however landmines, either tank or infantry do stay. I apologize. Its still very easy to avoid the tank/gunner if youre smart long enough for the boom.
  16. Ballto21

Theres a difference between AP munitions and slapping a small amount explosives on a giant metal death wagon thats supposed to be made of several inches of reinforced steel or whatever space metal they use. Yes tanks shouldnt be standing still and should get blown up if they get tunnel vision or do stupid ****, but it shouldnt be one person that can do it with very little effort
  17. MahouFairy

Ohh I see.... Well, I can tell you that I don't mind if C4 was nerfed to RL standard (scratches a tank), provided that rocket launchers work like RL as well (more damage, less bullet drop, greater range, etc).

Have you seen what happens when a Kornet or TOW missile or even a RPG 29 does to tanks? They blow them sky high in one shot or two.

If you want to bring RL, don't just bring in one side of the story.
    • Up x 2
  18. Ballto21

I would fully support heavy assault getting an AV buff instead of tickle cannons
  19. Prudentia

yeah if i remmeber correctly they changed it in Januar.
    Januar 2013
  20. Prudentia

yeah if i remmeber correctly they changed it in Januar.
    Januar 2013