whats your favorite perch?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Illucidator, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Illucidator

Mine would probably be the center column of a biolab right above the scu in a opposing factions biolab using a silenced pulsar c. Fun to pick off peaple from behind the faction banner as they exit the spawn area thinking they are geeting hit from somewhere around B or the SCU generator.
  2. Liewec123

near the little generator building in amp stations there is a lovely little spot ontop of a robot arm/leg type thing, it has a little hole in it perfect for hiding most of you, its a great spot to sit and wait for people to run along to repair.

also ontop of every door frame ever!
  3. Iridar51

I don't perch. Think this is a boring and ineffective tactic. But I do love hunting people that perch. Always said the best way to counter an LA is with another LA.
    • Up x 1
  4. Illucidator

Come at me bro Xp If im defending a point ill be perched on the doorframe with my shotty. Otherwise u might be able to get me. I dont always sit around but it is a unique trait that is more effectively used by a LA and one of the few ways I can make make up for the lost k/d from running into heavies.
  5. Illucidator

Come at me bro Xp If im defending a point ill be perched on the doorframe with my shotty. Otherwise u might be able to get me. I dont always sit around but it is a unique trait that is more effectively used by a LA and one of the few ways I can make make up for the lost k/d from running into heavies.
  6. DekkerDave

I don't perch either. Actualy I'm using Adrenaline pump to run and gun around. Nothing better to blast the back of the perched LA with a shotgun.
  7. Illucidator

I cant use adrenaline. It puts you too much at a disaadvantage. Why not nanoweave?
  8. Corvus Corax

I perch occasionally but it usually only nets me 3-4 kills with suppressor, people aren't stupid; they look up eventually. It's cooler if you own a rooftop and rain justice down on peeps from different parts of the roof
  9. z1967

Trees are a LA's friend. Pick a tree around 20m away from your enemies with a suppressor and rack up some kills. Experience may vary, as there are people who have turned off all foliage and may spot you before you can really have fun.

I also have some fun spots in biolabs that are pretty great. I'll take some pictures with locations on the minimap and such when I get to my computer. They make for great escapes and good farms. I have never seen another LA in these spots, so I assume they are not well known.
  10. z1967

OP delivers, here is the imgur album. enjoy
    http://imgur.com/a/iZVpF
  11. Leivve

Those lamps above a amp station's garage gates. people don't look that high up and when they are playing peek-a-boo with your team they are easy targets and don't think you were the one that killed them.
    Drop a brick and watch all the multi kills.
  12. AlterEgo

What's interesting about you as a Light Assault is that you continuously have to hunt people. It makes me afraid of them to some extent; always look for that one flying maggot behind you, and if you don't take out your rocket launcher, you're as good as dead:p
  13. AlterEgo

Also, in relation to this thread, it would be the...
    The...
    What is my favorite perch?
  14. MrForz

Meh, never been into perching. My use of the jetpack mostly consists in taking shortcuts and efficiently hunt those normally out of reach.
  15. DekkerDave

I play with pump shotguns a lot. I have to quickly scale the distance between me and my target to make sure OHK. Or when I'm flanking through roofs, windows and don't want to come too late when our guys are pushing in. Or when I rush in to group of enemies, kill engies and medics and quickly run away before heavies and MAXes realize what actualy happened. Or when I chase unsuspecting enemies to blast their backs with all pelets.

Nanoweave gives you only single advantage - additional resitance to bullets but as a Light Assault, it's already FUBAR when you are being shot at because as a LA you must use the element of surprise to the fullest. And Nanoweave's bonus is so neglectable that it's not worth for me while Adrenaline gives more utility. It is better to avoid fire than trying to negate it.
  16. reydelchicken

Above doorframes, crouching on the "lip" of the doorway. It's a great spot to be when someone's chasing you, they almost never expect it.
  17. GuhMaster2512

My favorite spot is the towers that are on the point like at Seabed Listening Post and East Canyon Check Point. You can get some nice kill streaks there if you aren't spotted.