Yesterday I got 570+ kills without dying. 1 man to farm them all #PSWorldRecord

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronfistNC, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Tibbers

The implant system was ******, I don't mind them wanting to make money but the energy system is borked, Considering how virtually mandatory BH is for anyone on the front line, not having the energy to keep it up is utter BS
  2. mer1c

I'm not glad about it because SOE can make more money out of it but because one of the side effects: If racking up kills gets you nothing but honor (w/o any significant cert gain), I bet lots of players will stop farming kills with HAs/ESF/etc. and that will have a positive impact on gameplay.
  3. Tibbers

They could start by giving enig's reasonable cert gain...
  4. Haquim

If an Ifiltrator comes here with 1k kills, we'll give him a "Finnish elite" Medal.
    If about 200 of them are SMG kills we'll give him the brand new achievement "Simo Häyhäs digital disciple"
    • Up x 1
  5. Crator

And this is why PS2 is nothing but a TDM on large disconnected maps. It's not the players fault btw..

Liberators should be more like they were in PS1 imo....
    • Up x 1
  6. VonStalin

but but bu.. did you have any fun??
  7. FnkyTwn

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. IronfistNC

The amount of salt in this thread is actually mind blowing. Really...

Just think about it for a second. If this was so easy to achieve in my totally overpowered farming machine liberator.... Why do only 2 people in the world currently have the "1 man to farm them all" achievement? 1 of them being me.

Anyway your saltyness and incredible amounts of envy are only driving me to continue this experiment and I'm currently just short of 700 kills without dying and counting ;)

Thank you to the reasonable people who can see this thread and achievement for what it is. It wasn't easy getting it, but it was certainly fun.
    • Up x 2
  9. TeknoBug

570+ kill streak, in a Lib on Emerald.

color me shocked.
  10. Tibbers

Because some of us would get bored sitting in a lib for ten ******* hours farming infantry, Sometimes dying is actually fun? It motivates you to go kill the ****** who killed you

And we are still waiting to hear how many libs you went through while you played bail assualt
    • Up x 2
  11. IronfistNC

So I have made a real world translation of your post:

"I do not have the skill, time, patience or sheer autism to achieve what this guy has done and I'm really mad about it. Let me try to discredit him and re-assure myself how I play this game is fine also and my ****** is just as a big as his"

Pretty close aren't I?

Oh and we lost 2 libs overall. 1 was to an enemy lib tank busting us and 1 was a friendly NC lib tk'ing us because we killed his TR.
    • Up x 2
  12. Nerazim

Impressive. I can never survive long with my Zepher lib. As soon as I start doing major damage, there's a concentrated effort to take me out. At that point, I either get nothing done or die.

Can you ask your pilot how he dodges TB? Doesn't seem to matter how fast I react or what maneuver I pull, I seem to get hit by every shot. I put it down to clientside, by the time the first hit registers for me he's already dumped his mag. And when I open up on a lib with my TB they rarely escape. I guess I should start by making a concentrated effort to notice the lib BEFORE I'm getting hit.

Also, what set-up is he using?

Congrats to the pilot though, and shame on your servers AA capabilities!
  13. Tiggah

Any scrub with good accuracy can lazily gun. Immense kudos for your awesome pilot! I wouldn't be able to fly like that without loads of practice. Excellent flying to be able to maneuver out of fire and still position your gunner to effectively kill.
    • Up x 1
  14. Milspec

... crap, I'm not giving SOE any more money for stuffs, been ripped off by the descriptions twice now. Guess I'd best make playtime for cert XPs while the getting is good.
  15. Hatesphere

More impresses by the pilot then the gunner. You can practicly gun with one hand for 10 hours. Buy your pilot a beer and stop hogging all the glory.
  16. Tibbers

Firstly, Don't use Autism so negatively, because that is a terrible attitude to have about mental health

Secondly, I honestly don't give a **** how much free time you have to sit down for ten hours and do nothing instead of I dunno working?

Thirdly, Don't be surprised when people point out that your "achievement" is nothing but air farming with strong air support hence it fairly invalidates the amount of "Skill" behind it

Fourthly, I straight up don't believe you only lost two libs over ten hours, Namely that even with air support on my server at least lasting over an hour with a lib is considered amazing

Fifthly, Losing a Lib counts as a death as far as I am concerned, since only ******** bail
  17. HannaDest

Nice feat certainly but I would have been more impressed by anything else than a Liberator. Still well done.
  18. Slamz

Because nobody else has the patience.

And let's be honest:
    This thread should have been made by your pilot. "Guys, I flew a liberator that got some gunner a 570 kill steak."

That is way more impressive. Your kill streak is owed entirely to that pilot. All you did was point at things and left click a mouse.

Anyone in this room could do what you did, given those same pilots and a willingness to sit and play PS2 for 10 hours straight. I'm pretty sure we can all point at things and left click.

We can't all fly a liberator like that guy, though.
    • Up x 1
  19. [NNG]WillTerry

I detect high concentrations of salt.
    • Up x 3
  20. Slamz

So you disagree?

You don't think it was mainly pilot skill? It was really all about the guy sitting in the gunner seat, who had absolutely no control over the survival rate of the plane and was basically just left-clicking targets for 10 hours?

There's no way you could have had that kind of skill to sit there and click things like he did?

What do you suppose was the most skillful part of the gunner's day?