[Video] TS4 Haymaker w/ Slugs and Laser

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Iridar51

I think slugs are best used on high capacity shotguns, because they naturally have a higher than average capacity, you can make do without extended mags, and use a laser sight instead. Having slightly better hip fire can come in handy in CQC situations, and even with slugs shotgun remains to be a CQC weapon.

Of course, pump action shotgun with slugs has a higher potential, but a much higher skill cap as well, and it's notably worse at long range fighting.

Upholding the tradition that every slug video should be made with Metal Gear Rising music.

For best quality watch in 2160p!
    • Up x 2
  2. Leivve

You making slugging look so easy my E-P feels insecure.
  3. Iridar51

I'm just showing the best moments, overall I'm feeling very rusty. With that long break I took from PS2, my aiming skills have gone to ****. This can be clearly seen when I just spam away my commish, which is usually a bad thing to do.

When I was playing for 300 kills a day for directives, my twitch aim was much better.
  4. Leivve

I kind of want to call BS, but I've also seen you at work...
  5. Iridar51

I REALLY wanted auraxium armor :p I was basically playing whole days.
  6. Leivve

Ah, that makes far more sense. Fully retract thoughts of BS.
  7. hostilechild

Saw plenty of missing and feasible tracking so wouldn't call BS, some oddities will say lucky (most targets not moving).
    Good positioning was huge and radar usage.

So the haymaker has little-0 drop? couple times you shot well over 150m at a few pixels your dot covered and still hit. 3:29 or so. although you did aim over him to hit him at around 3:19 (in 2yrs never used shotgun with slugs)

Flying and shooting kills carbine/smg accuracy(completely made your commissioner miss once) will have to try shotgun slug, they still seem to go center or close to it the couple you did. (48sec was 1)
  8. Iridar51

This was because he was on elevated position relative to me. Projectile drop is always less pronounced when you shoot at targets above or below you. All slugs have roughly the same velocity of ~300 m/s, so all of them have the same drop.

It's completely random, it was just dumb luck :) And he wasn't THAT far away from me. At that range any automatic weapon would have worked just as well. Even better, probably.

Try shooting slugs in VR while flying, they go all over the place.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ianneman

What the ****, this is scary. I was about to make a thread asking if this weapon would have any potency for CQC to medium range combat. Nice

All I want to do is fly up a tower, hide in alcoves and get the drop on people I can kill in like 2-3 hits. This seems to be the way :3
  10. Iridar51

Yeah, semi auto slugs have an optimal range of 27m, which should just about cover the "CQC to medium range".
    I have a section dedicated to slugs in my gunplay guide, where I talk about how to use them most effectively. Link to the Gunplay Guide is in my signature.
  11. Prudentia

nice :)
    tough i prefer my Autoslugs, especially with the Warhammer 40k Recursion voicepack from Rhino.
    Bolting allday err'day
  12. Iridar51

Strike them down with all your might!
  13. blzbug

I was highly disappointed in that video.

Dropping 2 C4 on the back of a flying galaxy is straight out of the PS2 promo video. How does that hero move NOT deserve a kill?! :D
    • Up x 1
  14. Lucidius134

I wish I was half as good lol

also, music fads are fun @MGS:R