spitfire turret?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Bape

I don't know if this is intended but you only can deploy it once? and it only can be resupplied through terminal ><?
  2. WarmasterRaptor

Yup, it's one at a time and resupply required.
  3. Bape

Meh it doesn't even have upgrades ><.
    • Up x 2
  4. WarmasterRaptor

It's a plant and forget thing :\ more like mines than anything else.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bape

Well it should have upgrades to be able to deploy more if it dies.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goretzu

Mine doesn't seem to actually fire at anything.......... ever (it just looks around and beeps). :confused:
  7. Alizona

Spy sappin mah sentry! I already bought mine, because any TF2 influences in any game is priceless! Now all they need is to add a guitar so I can play me some Engy songs.

8. Crator

9. SuperTrooperWaterloo

xD omg, i know SOE is now rly carefully with new features/content, but THIS... lol^^

The Auto-Turrets act like they are braindead, on life support but unplugged 2 years ago. I can walk in a straight line to them and knife it before i lose 1/4 of my shield.
    You can destroy them faster with bullets than shotgun an infi in the head.^^
    Thats actually really bad because they like to beep your enemys to death before they even start shooting.

I dont know what i expected.
    • Up x 2
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

because players always moving, and turret too slow. its not like tf2 one, this turret has brain of lock-on rocket:eek:
    • Up x 3
  11. Alizona

Yeah that sure sounds pretty sad. I prob should have waited a bit before spending my 1000 certs on it. Oh well, won't be the first time I wasted certs and it sure won't be the last either. LOL
  12. Goretzu

Yeah I was expecting something like the PS1 Spitfire, that is low DPS, but that actually fired pretty much straight away and tracked its target.

This one I don't think I have managed to get to fire at anything yet, it bleeps, but just doesn't fire.

It seems that people basically have to go AFK in front of them for them to fire. o_O
    • Up x 1
  13. f0d

do these turrets actually do anything? or do they just sit there beeping being a target?
    • Up x 2
  14. thenewbie

I think that's the point, they're supposed to whittle away a persons health a bit in order to help you kill them...

EDIT but yeah, maybe they should do about 20 damage extra (We don't need any buffs or nerfs, just make them a bit more useful...)?
  15. Jac70

I think it's a good idea that you can only spawn it once between visits to a terminal. I think they should do that for all turrets - stop Engi's spamming AV Mana turrtes.
    • Up x 2
  16. Alizona

Note to self - always read forums BEFORE purchasing a new item. LOL
    • Up x 2
  17. Targanwolf

1000 certs ! and they act like they have been neutered. You can't use them outside since they have 50 meter range and you have to go to resupply to summon another one !

its called timid feature development.I certainly wouldn't save my certs up for this I'd rather use a mine that can actually kill something than this meek harasser.
  18. Alizona

Perhaps its best use will be as a decoy, the enemy will focus on the beeping thing and we can pop out of our location and take advantage of their misdirected attention?

The "Spitfire" that doesn't spit out very much fire at all?
  19. MichaelS

Yea, people shooting me and it still turns left - right - left - right. Like it wants to say: no, I'll don't shoot that guy.
  20. Copasetic

It isn't really worth the time to set it up right now except as an early warning device for flanks and such. Motion spotters do the same job much better.

But I can't really blame them for being careful I just hope they actually improve it if it still sucks in a week.