[Guide] Esamir Snowman spawn map.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sladuog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Darktemplar333

thanks but i did forgot to ask what the green triangles are xD, anyways i'll be listening to this while finding the gold
  2. NC_agent00kevin

Got my Golden One tonight :D

Me an a friend teamed up and I drove us around with the map up on the second monitor, taking turns on who got to shoot one. He had to go at about 5am, so I decided to do one last loop...and there he was.

[IMG]

Oddly enough, there was a regular snowman under him. I shot him thinking 'ok, here it is' and it gave me regular snowman XP. I breifly freaked out but realized that the snaowman was still there. There were two overlapping each other in the exact same place...one regular and one golden.

Edit: Oh, and this one was not on the map I saved, though I havent saved any of the updated ones.
  3. TKBoom

Not sure on the green triangles but I figure it was just another way someone added their spots to the map.
  4. sladuog

To everyone who has contributed to the editing an updating of the snowman map: thank you so much. This kind of community response was not something I had anticipated when posting this, and it's nice to see it grow.
    • Up x 3
  5. Darktemplar333

6. NovaAustralis

Updated map:
    (orange dots are where I found most Snowmen.
    If dots are really close together they might be double-ups)
    [IMG]

Also, here's the render distance for Snowmen demonstrated.
    (Pretty sure it's 100m)
    So flying might be quicker, but you'll miss 'em unless you are brushing the ground with your landing gear. ;)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Gleerok

If you are using your ESF only for mobility, yes..you'll die a lot.

If you are a dedicated ESF Pilot, then YOU will most likely be the predator. Of course I died a lot, but I also killed a lot, and spared a lot of Snowman hunters :p

If you know enough to defend yourself from other ESFs, including experienced fighters, I'd suggest an ESF. Also, you'll need to know advanced maneuvering for fast terrain recognition and to minimize exposure from ground threats, you'll need to be used to flying low and very fast too, and according to newly received information about the render distance, you'll need to be brushing the ground with your landing gear at all times. So this definitely is not for non-dedicated Pilots..
  8. Gleerok

Funny enough. I shot a REGULAR snowman and then, underneath him, there was the Golden one. I freaked out you'd guess! I was almost heading out when I noticed it.

Clooooose!

Heres a screenshot btw:

[IMG]
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Im a great pilot until it comes to dogfighting. So, I kept out of the skies and stuck to the ground. I posted a video in your thread :)
  10. NovaAustralis

Here's a better version:
    (Red dots are from other maps, orange dots are confirmed by me)
    [IMG]
    Some empty hexes still... I'm sure there are more out there!
    • Up x 1
  11. K2k4

I just wanted to pop in here to thank OP for his glorious post. It really helped me to satisfy my urges to complete the snowman challenge! (also this is an obligatory bump for justice)
    • Up x 1
  12. AndyTB

Biggest piece of advice, they are mostly under groups of trees so if you see any trees look there as well because they were almost entirely undernearth trees for me

The red dots (I believe all are meant for that general area) around the TR warpgate are the best for snowman this past night. I almost always found one at stillwater and the green marker south and adjacent to the warpgate. Again the map was contient locked for vs so maybe that's the main reason.
    I did get Snowblower (10 snowman) in about an hour or two, was late and alone so I wasn't paying attention, on my flash almost entirely. No goldie though :(

On a different part my wrath cloak flash worked the best because my mossie just got me attention from gangs of esf's and it was also too hard to get below the tree cover and sit there while everyone could just blow me up. I didn't try the harasser (still a little pissed about the 'balance update' and its nitro regen and total hp. I was thinking of a battle gal but again like the mossie you can't get below the tree cover and between the rocks that easy without being a freaking hit me target, although a light assault and a 2+ in a gal would be quick transport. Especially considering those with double walker/bull dogs and maybe some cert upgrades aka 'battle gal.'
    • Up x 1
  13. Impala

I finally found a gold snowman after about 45-50 regular snowmen and it took me about 15 hours. For the people finding them sooner, you are lucky indeed!
    • Up x 1
  14. Vaphell

i had a good laugh today, during the assault on Snowshear. I see a snowman near the road leading south... and a dude who uses it as a cover o_O :D
    • Up x 1
  15. BigBooty

But as far as I know, there isn't always a golden snowman, like there's always a normal snowman. Also, no, they spawn shorter than 5 minutes. I had one re spawn in the exact spot within 2 minutes tops.
  16. sladuog

Turns out they do indeed make a white pulse on the mini map when they spawn. I saw one yesterday.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zapon

hm....wondering which is the latest map, ive fund a couple not on these maps

Got about 15 snowmen, looking for Gold, no luck so far
  18. Zapon

BUMPING THIS A YEAR LATER

This might still apply!!

Does anyone know if the snowmen spawn locations are the same ones as last time? If so, then the maps might help- they are what let me find my gold snowman last year
  19. Erilis

• Up x 2
  20. Acog

Excellently composed music, has a Two Steps from Hell or a ES Posthumous vibe to it.
    • Up x 1