[Video] Slug Gunplay: Baron G5AE

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CerealBox, Dec 13, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Using slugs is really fun as a light assault.
    If you've got the certs to burn, I'd say go for it

• Up x 8
  2. Iridar51

Oh you sly dog!.. And even with MG music! I say make it official. From here on out every slug video should be made with Metal Gear music.

Really nice video, a perfect reference to how slugs should be used effectively. Also loving the knife dives and that window dive was majestic.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but I'd like to point out to other players out there: Baron's slugs do not get that sweet 400 m/s velocity, they get - similar to other slugs - 300 m/s projectile speed. Baron is one of the worst shotguns to use slugs on because of longer reload and slower fire rate, the only advantage you get is sweet looks and marginally better moving accuracy.
  3. Leivve

Sounds like a advantage if you're a LA and ALWAYS moving.
  4. Iridar51

1. There's no sense in "always moving".
    Anything taken to the absurd is, well, absurd. There is literally nothing that forces LA to move during gunplay more than any other class. Normal movement - yes, LA do much more of it. But that has nothing to do with gunplay itself.

Of course, there's this LA-only trick of flying above the head of the enemy while showering him with bullets, but that doesn't have anything to do with ADS accuracy, does it?

If anything, LA can afford to move less than other classes, because he more often engages from cover / with surprise, so LA can take time and line up shots.

2. Difference is just too small.
    Standard shotgun Stand ADS Move CoF is 0.9, Baron's is 0.7. The difference is minimal. If Baron had something like 0.3, then we could talk about some sort of an advantage.
  5. Leivve

Well if it's only .2 difference then never mind, I'll stick with my uppercut and keep that OHK potential.
  6. Iridar51

Yep, that's all where it's at :cool:

Kinda saddens me to see there's such a poor balance when it comes to slugs. 2nd gen pump is worse in all aspects than 1st gen. Wish there was a meaningful difference, like slightly longer OHK range at the cost of lower refire rate / longer reload.
  7. Leivve

Because of LA it's a very hard balance compared to other games. Because if you make them to strong you risk undermining infiltrator as LA might usurp snipers. You could argue that the slugs would be harder to use, but that wouldn't matter as the "elite" who can use it well will and it'll get complained about like it was going out of style. Then we're back at square one.
  8. Iridar51

Meh slugs are terrible at range for more reasons than just huge CoF. If anything, huge CoF is what holding slugs back the least. If you're "sniping" you can stay immobile anyway, which makes your CoF a manageable 0.1. Poor velocity and damage is what prevents slugs from being used as sniper rifles, and it should stay that way.
  9. Dualice

Which are the second-gens, the ones with the tighter spread, or wider? I generally prefer the narrower spread for the slightly longer kill range you mentioned.

Oh, top vid too OP, made for good watching :)
  10. Iridar51

1st gen is the tight spread, 2nd gen is extra pellet.
  11. Uncle_Lou

God I hate light assaults... lol... Nice vid!