This game is frustrating as hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Kislany

VERY true for me! Eve is easy to get started with, but awfully difficult to master. Same like Planetside 2.
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

for me, War Thunder had a MUCH HIGHER learning curve than this game. figuring out all the pilot maneuvers and getting out of stock plane stage to earn some much needed improvements to ones airplane was a freakin pain in the a**. it was too frustrating for me getting stomped by pro pilots all the time that i stopped playing it after half a week

meanthile, PS2 wasn't a walk in the park either but was really fun exploring and figuring out all the game's facets that i still stick to it even after 2 years of playing (i started off in december 17, 2012). hang in there and let your ultimate ingame goal be fun, nothing else. that would be my advice
  3. Varonth

And the balance of this game is not based around the massive scale. You cannot have sub 1s TTK if you pit 200 players against each other.

That is also the reason why MAXes will never change. Those huge battle could not resolve at all without MAX, because everyone else just dies so fast.

There is a reason why I get hit by Flashbang/Concussion Grenade like every 80h or so. They are completely ineffective when TTK is so low, and there are 20 people just spraying bullets in a doorway while blind. Blinded enemies or not, you will still die, before you even take aim.

Smaller battles are much more fun, and that is to a huge degree because of how weapons are designed, and how low TTK is. If you create CoD like gameplay, you better make sure to copy all of it. That includes small lobbies.

And PS2 is closer to CoD than people like to admit.

Well there will be a PS4 release. Maybe the game does work there, as dual analog stick is an inferior controlling method for ego shooters, resulting in generally higher TTK.
  4. Klypto

lol.

I hope you aren't talking about elusive.
    • Up x 3
  5. Captain Kid

I know all that. I was doing fine until a few weeks/months ago. I admit, I do not drive vehicles (expect the occasional AMS to help advance) because I find the handling of vehicles atrocious. I was having a 2/1 K/D which I consider fine and had kill streaks of 7+ with my Jaguar. I was an above average infantry player.

But now, I have no idea what happened but I'm getting stomped HARD lately. It's like I'm always on the losing team (like when you play an online shooter and you are in the team who is getting stomped hard). There is always that Light Assault coming from behind just when I'm finishing another guy. Always that Sniper one shot killing me. Or the Max around the corner. It's like the clock has turned back and I'm where I was a year ago.
    I'm struggling to maintain a 1/1 ratio now.

I know from the stats page, most my kills by far are from BR's lower then me and most my deaths are from BR's higher then me.
    So the only thing I can think of why I'm doing terrible right now is the lack of new players.
    I have no other theory expect half my bullets seem to do nothing but that should effect the enemy as well...
  6. OminousZ

Usually cheap, trolling things in a game like a disappearing flash or a harasser that just runs over people are what makes a shooter annoying and frustrating because it takes very little to no tactics to run over people and speed away virtually unharmed.
    • Up x 1
  7. Klypto

And it takes virtually no awareness to get run over.

On the other hand, have you ever tried running people over with the flash? The target has to be pretty clueless to do it.
    • Up x 3
  8. DK22

Usually when I start getting killed all the time its because I'm being stubborn.
    Killed once, twice, maybe three. New tactic required.
    Oh, and its war, its not supposed to be fair.
    When your alone in a tower and see a whole squad coming your way, its not going to end well....
  9. SpartanPsycho

Well, if he is, I'll tell elusive to use pistols instead.
  10. ronjahn

Please upload a video of you running people over in a flash or harasser and living for extended periods of time. Don't say something is easy and requires no tactic until you have actually done it successfully. Driving through a heated battle in either vehicle, running people over, and then driving away unharmed actually requires a lot of skill, planning, and tactics from my experience.

If you say it requires no tactics I would love to see the videos where you make it look easy so I can mimick your skill. If you can't provide this then I will just assume you are bashing a playstyle you don't like which also kills you frequently.
    • Up x 4
  11. OminousZ

And who are kidding man...I didnt start playing this game yesterday...let's speak the truth here. You know exactly what i'm talking about. I see it in every single play session. And i'm referring to things that are just plain frustrating. Being killed fair and square is one thing, but these cheap tactics make any FPS games unbearable at times.
  12. ZBrannigan

or BUFF new players
  13. Klypto

You getting run over by them is being killed fair and square.
    • Up x 2
  14. ronjahn

Things you call cheap, I call fair game. You're not playing a straight FPS. You are playing a combined arms-ish game where vehicles are a very real threat, including getting run over by them. You just don't like the playstyle/tactic, doesn't mean it's cheap or easy to accomplish. I've ended many an open field infantry push with the wheels of my harasser and if that's cheap in your eyes I really don't care; it's effective, it's fun, and its a lot more challenging then you are giving it credit for. I stand 100% by my original statement.
    • Up x 1
  15. WTSherman

Try going on the Project Reality forum and telling them that they need to either raise their TKK by a factor of 10, or cut their server sizes from 64-128 to 12-24. Go on, I'll wait. ;)
  16. z1967

Some people can't handle sub 1s TTKs in a battle with 200 people and other people can handle it. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Battlefield, CS, or CoD might be more your style if you can't take in everything that is going on at once.
  17. BetterFasterStronger

Sounds more like you need to play better.
  18. Varonth

Again... BF games resolve battles with a ticket system. If you die, your team loses a ticket. If your ticket counter goes to zero, you lost.

Planetside 2 does not have such a system, and cannot have such a system. So you end up with little to no death penalty. When you die, all it does in many cases is letting you wait to respawn in a seemingly neverending meatgrinder.

Battlefield games with such a standoff: You killed 10 enemies on a 1000 ticket server? Well you are 1% closer to victory.

Planetside 2 with such a standoff: You killed 10 enemies? They will be back in 10s and absolutely nothing changed.
    • Up x 1
  19. pnkdth

Well, this explains a lot. You're a BF-fanboy and have no grasp on PS2 game mechanics. No wonder you're frustrated.
    • Up x 1
  20. LibertyRevolution

When I get frustrated at this game, I go play BF3...
    I will not be out popped 3:1 and when I shoot people that are in my crosshair they actually die in like 3-4 bullets on BF3..

Honestly, this game really has nothing on BF3.
    Far as massive scale goes, I see more players rendered on a 64 player server of BF3 than I do on this..
    At a 96+/v96+ fight I may see like 20-30 closest people to me do to this games adaptive culling...

BF3 does not have being spawn camped, I can just deploy next to any guy in my squad..
    BF3 does not let there be unlimited force multipliers in play, there are limited vehicles.

If BF3 had a class with jump jets, I would have 0 reason to even log into this game....