MAXes are nothing but easy KD padding tools that make infantry combat suck for everyone else

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonmortical, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Dunkarooo

how is tossing a brick of c4 or firing a rocket or 2 challenging. actually you may be right as it seems a lot of people are incapable of adapting and overcoming a problem with simple solutions.
  2. HadesR

You missed the second problem this game has with force multipliers ...

People think they should be able to play them whenever they like ... And that goes for vehicles as well as MAX's ...

Add those to together and you end up with a few issues and unfounded calls for " nerfs " or " buffs "
  3. SavageCrayon

Maybe because I don't simply regard Maxes as 'indoor farming machines'? I never get farmed beyond one or maybe two deaths by anyone, ever. Not because I am pro, but because walking into a situation where all you can possibly achieve is near instant death is not necessary in PS2.

People on this thread have explained some of huge variety of effective ways to beat maxes. If you cannot adapt your gameplay using the equipment and tactics available then it is no wonder you get farmed. On that note, ALL of the players in this game who let themselves be farmed by maxes deserve it.
    • Up x 4
  4. KiowaChief

So you played smart, had a little random support and were able to run up some kills on people that either didn't see you coming or were too dumb to be bothered to adapt their tactics to deal with you. Btw 10-30 kills in a max suit in one life isn't amazing. It's pretty average. 5-6 kills per life as a HA or LA is pretty decent though.

Max suits aren't the farming juggernauts people are making them out to be in this thread, there are literally dozens of ways to deal with a max in this game and that number multiplies when you add a friend or two to the plan.
    This isn't an issue of balance, it's an issue of people refusing to adapt and wan't to be able to solo everything as a LA/HA/ENG/ etc etc etc. This isn't CoD people...
    • Up x 1
  5. GoyoElGringo

They really should make things cost more resources. Make light tanks, ESFs, and Harassers cost ~500, and make libs, MBTs(with an armor buff) and Maxes cost 750. Even then maxes would be the best option because of their ability to be revived, but at least there would be less of them.
  6. Bixli

...so burster & av-max's counts nothing , hell ..even! ai-max's count nothing , they just overwhelming a cap point & aren't serving any grand strategic purpose. ..especially not in a squad with a bit of tactical sense & with engis, medics & other stuff ..yeah sure.

...18+ "thumbs up" for that post ...ah yes , i got it .. max's are invulnerable! against any c4 , rockets , ai-av-turrets , stacks of ai-mines , stacks of av-mines (..shoot the mines , not max's feet) & av-grenades (hey..they'll stick now , cool thing) - max's are so small , they're just invisible for any eye. max's are so silently if they run trough the rooms & buildings , you can't hear them - sneaky assassins ! - max's only cost 450! ressource , flash with 50! ressource constantly covered in buildings against air ? dream on.

...one big QQ. ..no wonder if such players gonna call max's an easy mode , because they got easily killed.
    • Up x 3
  7. Bobman23

Because it's a useless, completely subjective question? The better question is why people let themselves get farmed.
    • Up x 4
  8. FateJH

Is that a proposal?
  9. Dieter Perras

Lol hit and run tactics are non-existent to you I see, or ambushes, or baiting or a multitude of other things.

my point is there's a lot more to killing things in this game then you're saying. The problem with the two things I mentioned is that there's no way to tell whether the max you're going to engage is really good at getting head shots or has flak armor until you've already engaged him and by then it's usually too late to tell. You can't adapt if you're dead ask the dinosaurs.
  10. MotionBlured

You respawn in 10-15 seconds. That's when you adapt.
    • Up x 2
  11. Metalsheep

You can kill a MAX in much the same way you can defeat a Cyberdemon. Keep moving and:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. MAXArmar

I guess I'm not only a crutch-abuser, but also a terrible HA :(

But hey, no one likes me on Miller aswell, proof inside: http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/2o8tww/pick_a_player_ultimate_shame_version/ :p
  13. Dinapuff

Tactical. You keep using that word.

adjective: Relating to or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.

As in: They pulled maxes to achieve victory.
  14. Dieter Perras

Doesn't make it less frustrating for new players
  15. Bixli

..i myself play partially max , not often ..rarely (6% time per classes atm) & if i play max ..mostly burster then. but hey ..if you love to play max all day/night long .. play it ! , don't care about this bunch of whiners - max vs inf & vice versa is well balanced atm. even against skilled tr-pounders. there's always a way to defeat them & there's always a way to get maxed by them.

..i know you are a gentle & nice skilled max-player with good sense of teamwork (miller-vanu too here) , you're our server-max , keep it up & have fun with your main-class.
    • Up x 1
  16. uhlan

Well, if resources actually meant something in this game MAX suits would be a last ditch means of taking a point or what-have-you.

Or, offer a side utilizing resources more strategically (through planning) a perk, if you will, to base capture.

As it is, it's become far too common.

Because resources are so ridiculously plentiful, anyone can pull anything at any time. There isn't a thought as to saving nanites to pull something expensive to get the win at a base.

The game is designed around chaos. Chaos allows more people to get more kills.

This is why the bases are too small and too close together; strung along a Lattice designed to funnel more folks into the fight. Despite the fact that there isn't any real room to do anything but find a perch and spam.

It makes for one gigantic spam-fest after another without an ounce of meaning because the design ethic is completely confused.

It doesn't know whether its a small base/small team competitive game or one of "epic" proportions and massive battles.

It can't be both.

Drop in the game, spam for a while, get your quota, then log off.

This is all there is to it, nothing more.
  17. MotionBlured

Why would that matter? They can still pull a heavy, or even a tank if the max is outside. So they don't have C4, doesn't matter. Max's still die if they take enough damage, and people should realize that a little teamwork goes a long way.
    • Up x 1
  18. Whatupwidat

MAXes aren't scary, or particularly hard to kill - most go Rambo off on their own and get justly put the **** down. The only people getting farmed by them repeatedly are the ones trying to spawn camp IMO - and frankly sod those people too.
    • Up x 1
  19. BobSanders123

It is essentially an indoor tank designed around being adaptable. As tanks can be suited up for AV or AI, so can the MAX. It provides the same role, breaking through lines, defending them, or reinforcing them. And you deal with them the same way as a tank, kill the engineers repairing them first, use C4, rockets, minichaingun, lasher spam, grenade launchers, MANA turrets, and sticky/AV grenades. MAXs are vulnerable to flashbangs, concussions, and EMPs.

Deal with them like you would deal with a tank outdoors. Equip the correct gadgets and use your mobility to outplay the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  20. GothicNightmares

they make infantry battles bland and it literally dissolves the fights unless try hards.