So when is the new content coming ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Dec 2, 2014.

1. lothbrook

I can't imagine they'll bother with a new continent, i mean why bother having 5 continents and locking 3 or 4 of them for most of the day because there isn't enough people to support them, lol.
    • Up x 3
  2. Leftconsin

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY NEW CONTENT

ALL HOPE IS LOST

NO HOPE
    • Up x 2
  3. Linus

You have a clear view on the situation. At this moment PS2 is mostly into a commercial state and is not really evolving.
    The Hossin release (6 months ago) was the latest real attempt to catch people's interest. The Valkyrie was nothing but a new cash till.

The game is still fun and awesome to play, but as soon as a new game of the same kind will be released, and if this one is more creative, the playerbase of PS2 will decrease even faster.
    For the moment PS2 is probably the best of its kind, but for how many time?
    The industry of the video games is evolving faster than PS2 itself, the first trait being the performances optimisation.
    • Up x 1
  4. OldMaster80

When the ps4 version will be out then content will start being issued again. After all this game has to last years to console users as well.
  5. pnkdth

I thought the urban city continent and battle islands were up next.

As for content, Engineers will get deployable automated turrets, knife update is in the works, and Bill and Higby is working to refine the existing content(like bases, etc).

Oh, sorry, forgot this was forumside. Game is dead, SOE is evil, my faction is being targeted, etc etc.
    • Up x 8
  6. Germaux

New continent ow ow i missed somme things, what kind of new continent ?
  7. John_Aitc

Before a new continent is discussed, doesn't Hossin need to be finished? We also need the last piece of the Continent Locking system, the connecting Battle Islands.I worry that a lot of these incomplete items got lost when Dave 'Malorn' Bennett left.

I hope that portion of the game will be worked on if SOE gets an influx of cash from console players. It may help to revitalize the game for PC players and get some lapsed subscribers to return.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gammit

This. This is what free to play has done to gaming.
  9. Andy04

well it has been 2 years so far and none of this has a chance to be looked at considering the performance and major gameplay mechanics are still horrible....Yes improved a little but Still Horrid, It's going to be a long time coming and they wasted a lot of that time with the whole MLG and PS$ stuff to which in my mind is far too early to even consider. It's still good as it is the only one really of its kind, Just very un-creative and poorly patched together, Like a bad rush job on a car that will eventually fall apart.
  10. GoyoElGringo

Am I the only one that would rather see the game fine-tuned, than get new content? I know it's not going to happen, but if SOE decided to put off new content in order to iron out bug and improve upon what we have now, I would be ecstatic. I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week.
  11. Andy04

I totally agree with you on that I would like a better quality of gaming performance but after two years of the same issues i think I'd rather see more game content coming in while the fix's are being done in the background...because we all know that the issues always prop up again and again with patches and updates.
  12. Cookie5000

Searhus
  13. Paragon Exile

I like how everyone forgets there's a large update planned for December with autoturrets, wieldable knives and many buffs and nerfs.

And Koltyr.

And the new implants.

And the two new battle islands.

Ded gaem.
    • Up x 3
  14. Cookie5000

There is a roadmap... But on a more serious note SOE seems to be concentrating all their attention on the PS4 currently. After PS4 expect a bit more stuff coming in on both PC and PS4 content wise. Heres some stuff coming to PlanetSide 2 as far as I know of:

BUGGIES:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

NEXUS BATTLE ISLAND:

INTER-CONTINENTAL LATTICE & MORE BATTLE ISLANDS:
    [IMG]

NEW KNIVES & HOLIDAY STUFF:

AUTO TURRETS:

(PS: Auto Turrets are still in development thats not what they're going to look like)

ROADMAP:
    http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap
    • Up x 2
  15. Cookie5000

16. Cookie5000

Thats a lie you should read my other post above
    • Up x 1
  17. Cookie5000

The continent is called Searhus, its a tropical continent when a giant volcano in the center from PlanetSide1. Higby mentioned it on SOE Live a few months ago. That was the only time they mentioned it since BETA.
    PlanetSide 1 Searhus:
    [IMG]
    Leaked Photo:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291665121779003392/photo/1
  18. ZBrannigan

and only 2 years(plus however long it takes for us to 'actually' get it) late.
  19. Iridar51

Beejesus, did half of forumside just suddenly lost ability to read?
    CONTENT, not CONTINENT. Though continent is a type of content as well, do we really need another huge empty zone? Variety is nice, and I'd enjoy a small urban continent, though.
    • Up x 1
  20. ZBrannigan

that should be "lose the ability to read?"...and no.
    bi polar much? thats pretty much a complete reversal, you should be in politics.
    exactly, variety is nice!
    i miss not knowing where the battle lines might be whenever i logged in, i miss the trepidation of locking a cont and to some extent 'choosing' where to go next, i miss that first big 'push' onto a new cont, the armies massing at WG's and sanctuaries and that "we're off!!" moment as we all roll out together.
    no other game does any of this, it's not unreasonable to want all the 'content' back that made it happen.