So when is the new content coming ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Andy04

wasn't interested at all with the double SC or the anniversary bundle box thing... But I am interested in content when are we getting more ? or are you all waiting to bring in 4 things at once which will probably be broken up to the xmas event and make that a fail like you did with the halloween one ? I swear the lack of information on this website is horrid.
  2. Pickleman44

The next continent I think is the volcano one from PS1, but I could be wrong. I have no idea when it will be finished.
  3. SerasVic

after PS4
    • Up x 3
  4. Crashsplash

It's not mentioned anymore, Higby didn't say anything about it when talking with kidriot about things he's looking forward too next year and it wasn't even in the roadmap before that got canned.
    • Up x 2
  5. CipherNine

Maybe content is being postponed so SOE will have something to compete with EVE: Legion(or Dust 514 without limitations of PS3) when it comes out. #conspiracy_theories
  6. Andy04

Well from what i have been told from a few people is that the PS4 release is not going too good and will take a lot longer than expected..... Fancy that just like everything else they try and make and we are left hanging with no new content that the game has been needing. This game is still IN BETA!!! they should tell people that before they purchase anything.
  7. Mastermind

New content coming right after they make the game unplayable for another 15-25% of their playerbase, right after they launch the PS4 version in late 2015, right after they say new content is coming, then wait a year, then it might come. Maybe, TM
    • Up x 2
  8. Jaquio

This game is two years old and it's population has dropped dramatically.

This is a FtP game based on microtransactions, rather than set subscription fees.

This game is being developed by large studio with other projects rather than a small studio that feels this is their pride and joy.

The result is that anything the developers do with this game is going to be viewed in terms of diminishing returns. They're going to devote less and less manpower to creating anything for the game, and spend more time working on new products lines that will excite a new fanbase and bring in larger chunks of money.

Don't expect anything else other than balance tweaks, and the occasional NS gun with a cosmetic change that's easy to create and can be sold.

I highly doubt anything will enter the game at this point that can't be sold. That's just the reality of the situation. This is pretty much what PS2 will be until they turn off the servers.
    • Up x 10
  9. SerasVic

Sad, but truth is said here.
    • Up x 4
  10. Revel

Funny how SOE keeps making the same mistakes.
    • Up x 3
  11. Halo572

I know why console generation gamers always want new content but I can't understand it.

This title doesn't need new content it needs a reason to be, which it has none and never has.

The historical comparison to chess is laughable and yet still clung to by the fan bois that can't admit PS2 is nothing more than a graphics engine demo.

And it is also not 2 years, it is 2 1/2 including the beta which makes it even worse the state it is in.

Adding more things to something that has no foundation is not the answer, despite the call from empty heads for more new shiny.

What it needs and always has is objectives and gameplay, and for some unknown reason a development team has missed that since the idea was conceived over 3+ years ago.

So stop calling for more bangy bangy, flashy flashy and face reality as the other posts have - there is nothing much more coming, this is it until the plug is pulled.

Don't like it, don't play and having been clean for 2 months and counting I think I get to say that.
    • Up x 4
  12. BetterFasterStronger

It really feels if they're treating this game as a cashcow, still enjoying it tho.
    • Up x 3
  13. WarmasterRaptor

Funny how people still throw their money at them :\

Thus, the cycle can continue...
    • Up x 3
  14. Targanwolf

OP
    How dare you ask such a question !
    You must be a PC user !
    Just pay your subscription. SOE will let you know when you can have new meaningful content
  15. Champagon

Umm, hate to break it to you OP. But this is it for the PC. unless some sort of miracle happens with the PS4
    • Up x 1
  16. OldMaster80

Ps4 version will start on 16th December. Hopefully once it's up and running development will go on again at a good pace: console players need content too.

Said that yes it's terrible to see how pc users are being treated: a lot of critical features have been postponed ore are unfinished. And roadmap for January doesn't even exist.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pikachu

If ps4 comes in dec then I think jan and maybe feb will consist of fixing problems for it. I think ICL will arrive in 2015 but that might be the last meaningful content. Galaxy update, mbt update I doubt will be made. If ps4 turns out really good then we might Searhus in 2017 and that will be the final content. The pc version will be dead by then almost. Briggs level populations everywhere.
  18. I play by many names

• Up x 1
  19. SpruceMoose

• Up x 1
  20. Joexer

Soon*(TM)

S.o.o.n.[Soon-or-otherwise-never] is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment**.

Not actually a registered trademark. Sorry for the "confusion".
    • Up x 1