Anniversary Bundle now on sale

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

So it was 4k SC

Then there was double SC, so potentially the normal cost of only 2k SC for those who waited

Now it's 3k SC, potentially 1.5k SC for those who waited some more

[IMG]

I guess good things come to those who wait or something.
  2. Goretzu

Sales seem broken for me, currently. :confused:
  3. NLLN

Isn't it because of the cyber monday thing? Available to all access members or w/e? If not, they're gonna make some people mad lol.

Edit: Still shows up at 3999 SC for me, I'm not a member.
  4. barunedpat

Too soon! They could've waited half a year or something.
  5. uhlan

I feel bad for the folks that bought this bundle out of a sense of "duty" to the devs clamoring for support.
    • Up x 6
  6. GhostAvatar

Yet they have it plastered everywhere that it was limited time offer that ends 30th Nov. Last time I believe a word that comes out of there mouths.
    • Up x 2
  7. SerasVic

Guys bought it 4000 SC , didn't got the XP boosts.

Now some might have it for 1500 SC and some guys are still going around with half the bundle for 0 SC

And to be even more lame, there is a red post saying the sale end "30 november 23:59" and now it's still available the 1st december !

There is only one word to describe this : a scam

edit: wait Christmas and you might get it for 50% !!!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. Inex

Well, in fairness the Devs expected us to be a bit pissed.
    Though they may have underestimated the exact scope of who would be unhappy.
    • Up x 4
  9. FieldMarshall

Not surprised SOE would pull a "trials of obi-wan" on loyal customers.
    • Up x 1
  10. deep470

I will not make that mistake again. Ever.
    • Up x 5
  11. desktop

Buy cash on double station cash day and only spend it on sales. Its the only way to get any value out of your money when you give it to SOE.
    • Up x 5
  12. stalkish

they could make it 80% off and i still wouldnt buy it, stuff in there is crap tbh.
    • Up x 3
  13. NoctD

This sale isn't even a real sale sale... they're trying to make the double SC part of the sale equation.

Double SC + 50% sale gets you value, not double SC + 25% sale.

SOE's sales seem to be getting less and less attractive.
  14. SerasVic

Just sucking every last cents of PC users beta testers before going full on PS4

10/10 'll not be trapped again
    • Up x 1
  15. Degenatron

[IMG]

I don't understand why anyone would be upset. I bought th pack at full price specifically to get the 6 month boost and the 2 "exceptional" weapons and I felt (and still feel) like I got my money's worth.

I figured when I bought it that they would drop the price of it as it reached the cut-off because it's a limited time offer and they need to sell it as much as they can. Like anything else, it has a devaluation schedule, it's just accelerated.

SOE would have been stupid to NOT cut the price of it, let it expire, and leave potential income on the table.
    • Up x 4
  16. RykerStruvian

Goddamn it. I'm done. I'm cancelling my subscription. Limited my *** and it's dropped so much in price. What was the point of blowing cash with this kind of reduction in price? Feel like I've been played for like a sucker. I'm done, no more money from me, SOE. I wasn't even given the entirety of what I paid for and the price has already been reduced?! wtf
    • Up x 1
  17. Nody

The previous bundle did not decrease as far as I can remember and if they really wanted to make money they would have sold parts off separately (i.e. knives $10 , Guns $10 each, camo $5 per faction or $10 for all three, horns $5 per faction or $10 for all three etc.) with the bundle offering great value in total.

Anyway; I dropped in a support ticket on the subject; it's only 600 SC which is a month's subscription benefit basically but it's more the fact it annoys me they would pull a stunt like that.
  18. LT_Latency

Why do people care about this??

There are 2 types of customers.

1) "OMG, I have to have it first." These guys pay top dollar
    2) "I will wait for a sale" These guys get it latter but at cheaper price.

Common for almost anything you can buy, They want both typed of customers to buy it.
    Have people still not figured out this is how video games are sold??
    • Up x 3
  19. Xasapis

Why would only non members be pissed? I'm a member and I'm more pissed.

That marketing guy they have, I wonder if he believes that this is the last anniversary PS2 will ever see to pull a stunt like this.

Because after this monumental middle finger waving at all the people who got the anniversary pack early, I very much doubt there are a handful left who will buy in good faith the next one.
    • Up x 5
  20. Zen_Master

I think SOE should have sent an email, earlier in the month, to All-Access users informing them about the future discounts on the bundle out of good customer service and reciprocity for loyalty (LOL @ in-game Loyalty message).

I really think they should offer a bonus item for people who bought it BEFORE Friday.

SOE Marketing/Business was also embroiled in a Bait-and-Switch controversy on EverQuest. They made some adjustments there.

People should take this to Reddit.
    • Up x 1